Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Nintendo Wii: $170
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii: $170  (Read 4322 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19149

They are going to sell the fuck out.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:46:19 PM »

The second I hear of an official press release from Nintendo, I'm preordering that mother fucker. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:59:02 PM »

Sigh. Read this. As nice as it is, that just plain makes no sense for a price short of being the price in another nation when converted to USD... Which is what the Wii is /predicted/ at in Japan, and winds up being 19,800 yen or something. If anything, that prediction being accurate further solidifies the Wii costing $200.

Edit: Looking at the article, it points out that's the japanese price, and that Gardner merely heard it - not that that would stop random blokes from totally misinterpretting it.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

That's still fine by me. What's $30 more, compared to...OH SAY, Playstation 3's price? I hope Nintendo announces all next month. The tension is on.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:07:43 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"
That's still fine by me. What's $30 more, compared to...OH SAY, Playstation 3's price? I hope Nintendo announces all next month. The tension is on.

I've always been expecting $200 really - the NES to the GC came out to retail at that price, and the weaker power of the Wii makes it almost seem like robbery to demand more. :P
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »

I think a lot of Wii fans have been expecting a $200 price tag. No one in retail thinks about selling shit at $170....not even $169.99. It's a price people dont identify with.

Nintendo sells it for $149.99 or $199.99, guaranteed. And we all know $150 is too low.

It's just simple logic.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 09:15:40 PM »

Even if this system has as many "hits" as Gamecube...I will buy it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:34:20 PM »

Heh it already does....it's called The NES and SNES.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:53 PM »

Meh, $200 US? At launch? I'd still pre-order one if I had the money.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 09:46:14 AM »

I'm hoping this will translate into about 150-180 over here. The chances that it'll be more than 200 seem pretty slim. Even if it is I'll probably preorder.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Galactic

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 12:08:13 PM »

Heh, is Galactic the only one who's already cleared out a spot on his TV shelf for the Wii?  Doesn't matter if it's 150 or 200 or 250, it will be his on launch.

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 12:42:57 PM »

Actually I plan on getting a Wii if it is $250 or less,  since I'm all for anything that helps me get off my ass.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »

Quote from: "Galactic"
Heh, is Galactic the only one who's already cleared out a spot on his TV shelf for the Wii?  Doesn't matter if it's 150 or 200 or 250, it will be his on launch.

^_-;

I'm there with you, man....it looks like the Wii will be my first 'Purcahsed at Launch' console.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 01:58:35 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Quote from: "Galactic"

^_-;

I'm there with you, man....it looks like the Wii will be my first 'Purcahsed at Launch' console.

Count me in this group as well.

I assume it will be $200.00 USD, but even if they were to up it to $250.00 I'll be getting one. Much more than that would be out of the question because I'm a broke college student -_-

And if it turns out to be $170.00, though I highly doubt it will, everyone wins :D
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 02:29:16 PM »

When I read over that other topic about the market analysts projecting who will win the console war in the year 2007 and beyond, they made no hint or mention of Nintendo's virtual console. Did they completely forget about it or what?

When Apple's iTunes Store first opened it met immediate success and years later has spawned numerous copycats (Napster is back, except gay now). I personally see the Virtual Console as being the exact same. As soon as other publishers/rights holders see the popularity of it they're going to sign up for some of that market share.

How many people here have ever emulated anything? And of those how many of you got sick of piss-poor emulation, bad frame rates at times or having to rely on less-than-precise PC gamepads that don't lend to the original game's precision.

The Wii will be purchased by new and old gamers alike of all tastes and preferences. The PS3 will launch with what, 20 games? 360 launched with about the same and 14 of those were sports titles. Wii is going to launch with like 100 titles spanning the last two decades.

Market Analysts obviously aren't gamers, because $200 for access to an infinitum of games for like nine bucks apiece as opposed to 10-20 apiece at a used game store. Tough call huh.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: