Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:59:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335173 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  WRPG virgin no more!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: WRPG virgin no more!  (Read 6810 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »

Call of Duty isn't about the characters anyway. It sure as hell isn't a determining factor for me and most FPS. I could care less who/what I play as, so long as the gameplay is fun, and the game isn't Duke Nukem Forever.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »

I can't stand the bald roid rage stereotype male characters in western games have become.

I'm really tired of reading this kind of commentary from people like you who want games to be filled full of all the sissy UGUUUUUU~ horseshit that has saturated Japanese media as of late.  For the record, juiced up characters is not a western thing.  I think it's important to remind folks that this:

...is the official artwork for Ryu from Super Street Fighter II released back in 1993.  Dude has shoulders bigger than his head... and he's one of the smaller guys in the game!  And all he ever wants to do is fight people.  That's it.  That's his entire schtick.  Any cast member from Gears of War has more personality than this twit.  Sorry, but roided up assholes who just want to fight isn't some western thing.

I'll take bald space marines in Mass Effect over the vapid, Eurobeat fucks that inhabit games like Final Fantasy XIII any day of the week.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 11:43:18 PM »

oh yeah and speaking of steroids

check out the guns on the dude in my avatar

fucking sexy
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 11:59:04 PM »

This is a tricky subject on a lot of levels, but ultimately I don't know how much I agree with what you guys are saying about women in games (Alisha and DPK). I wouldn't mind if there were more visibility as far as females, and people of color go in video games as I feel it's kind of shameful how under represented these groups are in video games even though each group makes up pieces of the market.

But...I think the issue here is how you're fighting a social construct by imposing your own when you speak on the issue as a sort of spokesperson for women. I mean, what is it exactly that women want to see in a videogame? Do they want to be able to identify with the characters? I can say that as a black kid that grew up in the biggest metropolis in the US there isn't a single video game character I've ever played as that I identified with, but I still had fun. I don't care if you don't enjoy certain games for whatever reasons, but replacing one generalization with another just seems silly. Especially since JRPGs have some pretty atrocious female characters, and IMO, boast some of the most stereotypical and archetypical characters.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 12:04:25 AM »

Japan also invented Fist of the North Star which is like the manliest thing ever. It'll grow dicks on your chest.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

How come there are no overweight, zit faced heroes in my RPGs? Why must they always be muscular, clean skinned adonis-types? I want the next final fantasy to have a hero who's like 350 lbs, wears glasses, has some serious pizza face, and one of his weaknesses is running for extended periods of time on the world map (he has asthma, without an inhaler, he will constantly lose hp).

Also, thank you for giving me a reason to shout this MGF

YOU WA SHOCK!!!!

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 01:05:51 AM »

Japan also invented Fist of the North Star which is like the manliest thing ever. It'll grow dicks on your chest.

Mesh just won this argument.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 01:22:20 AM »

The man single handedly beat the hell out of a tank. Not a truck, not an armored car, a fucking tank. No weapons, no roid rage, just alot of anger and not enough of his girlfriend for stress relief.

Beat THE HELL out of a fucking tank.

...just don't watch the live action film made in 95.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 01:28:08 AM »

This is the greatest post ever.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »

no its not the best post ever. fist of the north star is old of dirt. way to ignore other stuff japan invented just because it supports your cause.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:29 AM »

You also had Golgo 13 come out of Japan.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 02:28:31 AM »

no its not the best post ever. fist of the north star is old of dirt. way to ignore other stuff japan invented just because it supports your cause.
I'd be careful what you say cuz if kenshiro catches whiff of this...well...let's just say you're already dead.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 03:00:30 AM »

i am familliar with hokuto no ken. but this is a good chance for me to illustrate something.

buff dude using martial arts and firing beams from their hands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buff dude with a rocket launcher,machinegun,etc.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 03:08:48 AM »

i am familliar with hokuto no ken. but this is a good chance for me to illustrate something.

buff dude using martial arts and firing beams from their hands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buff dude with a rocket launcher,machinegun,etc.

That just makes me more confused about your criteria, since I don't see any logic behind it.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2011, 07:41:17 AM »

Yeah, so far there is no argument being made other than, "I like what I like and it has something to so with being female."

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: