Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 02:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334711 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Junior Community Manager makes false claims about Tales of Vesperia exclusivity!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Junior Community Manager makes false claims about Tales of Vesperia exclusivity!  (Read 9812 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:28 AM »

Wait, the version without the loli pirate isn't the superior one?
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »

1. i have no intention to learn how to speak in moon runes i am half gook and cant even speak fake chinkaboo (aka korean)
2. i own a saturn and already own those games

get out amateur

Saturn is a worthless console without moon speak imports. No Dragon Force II, no Grandia, no Shining Force III Scenarios 2-3, no Devil Summoner, no Princess Crown, no Assault Suit Leynos 2. Lame.

Keep in mind that Jonathan Ingram also was all pissy that Capcom had let RE4 go to the PS2.

RE4 PS2 was awful, yeah.

And what do you mean "also"? I don`t care about Vesperia either way. It was bad on the 360 and it`s just as bad on the PS3 despite the additions. 2D Tales games are the only ones worth playing(guess I`ll add the mandatory IMHO here). Outside of Eternia, Destiny Director`s Cut, Destiny II and Rebirth, this series` awfulness can only be matched by Star Oceans(another IMHO).

Wait, the version without the loli pirate isn't the superior one?

The more loli, the better. Namco knows their audience.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:49:21 AM by Jonathan Ingram » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »

ahaha is this guy seriously lecturing me about the sega saturn

get the fuck out newbie
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2011, 12:15:38 PM »

Yeah, this dude is kinda off his rocker. RE4 was bad on PS2? I didn't realize extra content was a bad thing? Elaborate how the game, which lost some of the visual crispness in exchange for basically a whole extra story, is now bad for being brought to the PS2, a system that is hugely popular? Did the lack of a bulky, craptastic controller get you down?

I can't argue Saturn logistics, I'm a sega hater really. Never owned one of their system directly, refused to ever own a saturn or even play it really. However, I do know of Parn's appreciation towards the system (why is beyond me), and I know that arguing with him is likely to make you angry, which will be entertaining to say the least.

More on topic, I read a little highlight on N4g about some new Tales related news last night, though of course now I can't find it. Anybody see anything on any other sites maybe, I was a little half asleep when I saw it, so maybe I'm off my rocker as well.

TASTY!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »

Well, I do hope JI's being sarcastic, because the US Saturn exclusives were fantastic; Shining The Holy Ark, Mystaria/Blazing Heroes, Shining Force III, Dragon Force, Magic Knight Rayearth, NiGHTS..etc.

There weren't a lot, but the ones it has are so good it easily validates the system.

And playable or not, RE4 wasn't made for the PS2, it was designed as a GC exclusive, so I agree that it's a lackluster version at best.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2011, 01:48:56 PM »

Even so, it's never fun to have an inferior version of a game. Wouldn't you agree?

In cases like Vesperia that rationale's bullshit. It's more applicable to games like Bayonetta and in extreme cases stuff like bad handheld ports (or otherwise ports to systems too weak to run the game properly), not a belated port that throws in a few extras to justify taking so much longer, and may well run a little worse anyway as the case was for other 360-to-PS3 ports. Failing that, there IS something to be said for playing the original version of a game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »

Even so, it's never fun to have an inferior version of a game. Wouldn't you agree?

How many versions of Resident Evil 4 do you have?
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »

How many versions of Resident Evil 4 do you have?

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 02:56:03 PM »

You're all ignoring the fact that Tales games, in general, are terrible.

Along with the fact the Resident Evil 4 is also genuinely terrible.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 06:26:20 AM »

Well, I do hope JI's being sarcastic, because the US Saturn exclusives were fantastic; Shining The Holy Ark, Mystaria/Blazing Heroes, Shining Force III, Dragon Force, Magic Knight Rayearth, NiGHTS..etc.

There weren't a lot, but the ones it has are so good it easily validates the system.

US/EU Saturn did a have some pretty good games for itself, yeah. But half of the Saturn`s appeal are still the imports. I just find it amusing that the guy claims to be a huge fan of the system yet says he won`t bother with moon runes. And I also find the notion that one needs to learn Japanese in order to play Japanese imports(like in case with Vesperia PS3) to be pretty ridiculous, to be honest.

ahaha is this guy seriously lecturing me about the sega saturn

get the fuck out newbie

Of course I do. Is there any reason not to? You bought your Saturn for Sonic 3D Blast and I`m telling you there are other, better games to play on it.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »

Quit smoking LSD.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »

What's funny is that if he clicked my sig, he'd end up on my website which houses a nice chunk of Sega Saturn material, ranging from Segata Sanshiro videos that you can download to music recorded from all three scenarios of Shining Force 3, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue (the Sega Saturn version sounds the best by far), and so on.  Said website has been around since 1999 and though I don't have just Sega Saturn stuff on there, it's likely the longest running Sega Saturn website.  My history on RPGFan when I used to be an editor here before I quit, administrating these forums aside, was primarily dealing with Sega Saturn media such as movies and music, especially the music part since game music appreciation was in its infancy and we hadn't started a soundtracks section until way later.  Pat expanded the soundtracks section a lot, and I'm proud to have been an influential factor in giving game music, however limited it was, its due.

My lack of enthusiasm for importing games now has no bearing on the past, and it's hilarious to me that I'm being lectured about the Sega Saturn by some amateur troll.  The fact that he mentioned that I should play Radiant Silvergun on the Sega Saturn and that I replied that I already owned it should have been a red flag, but hey!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 07:37:10 AM »

Not a fan of the practice, but I'm not going to cry over a Tales game. Hopefully they won't make this a habit.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 07:37:49 AM »

btw this is me playing a game with moon runes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jGk7OYqu1A
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

Microsoft seems to have done this a few times, what with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. The difference there is that Mistwalker didn't port the games to the PS3. Eternal Sonata is a little odd in this case, but it was probably a trial run for the Tales of Vesperia engine or something in the first place.

... You're making the same mistake the PR woman did. Much like Heavy Rain those two games are funded and published by Microsoft themselves, begging for ports on those would only be SLIGHTLY less stupid than doing so for Pokemon to iOS.

I seem to recall reading when Mistwalker was formed that Sakaguchi never wanted anything to do with Sony again. So his games not being ported to PS3 isn't a big surprise.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear this sort of stuff goes on more than we think. And I don't fault Microsoft for making the offer. I will fault Namco-Bandai, however for taking it. I know their primary purpose is making money, but that should be done by making their customers happy so that they buy more of your product. Not by screwing them over and taking a fat check to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: