Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338127 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPG FAN awards Article
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RPG FAN awards Article  (Read 1827 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »

theres more 75+ rated jrpgs now than in any other gen. The quality is there, the quantity in development is there

That quality is there, BUT almost all of that was on handhelds and now that we're transitioning to new ones (and with the PSP having terrible software sales here) that means they're simply not going to be present. At least, I'm hoping it's JUST because of the transition.

And some of those games you decided to disqualify either A. have too little shown so far (Molyneux's comments imply the bit of Fable shown off isn't a good representation of the full game), or B. have been actively marketed as RPGs, so it doesn't matter what you think at all. Of course you deleted much of your posts, so I guess you decided to go digging around and finding out you weren't right.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »

I like that you edited your post to say what's not an RPG. To which I was about to ask why does being an Xbox Live-only title discredit a game (Crimson Alliance) from being an RPG? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. And yes, while some games didn't look like RPGs when they got announced - Dead Island, Heroes of Ruin, Dragon's Dogma to name a few - the fact remains that we were the ones who went to E3, played them and determined whether they were RPGs.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »

theres more 75+ rated jrpgs now than in any other gen. The quality is there, the quantity in development is there

That quality is there, BUT almost all of that was on handhelds and now that we're transitioning to new ones (and with the PSP having terrible software sales here) that means they're simply not going to be present. At least, I'm hoping it's JUST because of the transition.

And some of those games you decided to disqualify either A. have too little shown so far (Molyneux's comments imply the bit of Fable shown off isn't a good representation of the full game), or B. have been actively marketed as RPGs, so it doesn't matter what you think at all. Of course you deleted much of your posts, so I guess you decided to go digging around and finding out you weren't right.

Your very right. jrpgs go on the most popular systems of the gen in bulk. The ds and psp were that. Its the end of a cycle/.  And fable isnt an rpg from anything hes said or weve seen.

Again I really didnt want this to be a j and w thing. That wasnt my intention. I just wasnt happy with the tones of the article.

You can lock it if you want. I said what I felt.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 08:21:04 PM »

I like that you edited your post to say what's not an RPG. To which I was about to ask why does being an Xbox Live-only title discredit a game (Crimson Alliance) from being an RPG? That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. And yes, while some games didn't look like RPGs when they got announced - Dead Island, Heroes of Ruin, Dragon's Dogma to name a few - the fact remains that we were the ones who went to E3, played them and determined whether they were RPGs.

I was at E3 too. And dead island, heroes of ruin, dragons dogma just arent rpgs.

The truth is for me overall this E3 was down and alot of eastern and western games werent really shown that we know are in development and isnt really representative of things.

Hmm this seems to be getting volitile. I think my original intent was clouded a bit by anger.

Anyway thats all I wanted to say. If this topic could be locked. I would appreciate it.  It was really only meant for me to give feedback and would like to apologize if anyone was offended. I just felt really strongly. Enough to even post.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:28:54 PM by VampiricDragon_ » Logged
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 08:55:11 PM »

After reading through this thread all i can say is

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

It's fine to give suggestions. Attacking credibility of an article using your skewed compilation of data and personal preferences is not.

I'm sure if you had said "Where were all the JRPGs? Did you guys miss them or were there just not that many?" nobody would have responded in such a vitriolic manner.

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: