Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2015, 12:57:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363149 Posts in 14708 Topics by 2301 Members
Latest Member: FrustratedLeadingTone
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 494792 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4260 on: August 10, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »

So Pixels was utter garbage.
You went in expecting anything different?

Seriously, it was an Adam Sandler vehicle. Of course it was going to suck.

And that's on top of it being a videogame(-ish) adaption (kinda). The only way it could've been worse is if it had been directed by Uwe Boll (then again, the movie would've started hitting Springtime for Hitler levels of bad at that point, which might of cause it to somehow loop back to being good; so perhaps we got was the worst case scenario already).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4261 on: August 10, 2015, 07:02:52 PM »

Glad I passed on Pixels. It's hard to watch a Sandler film in recent years. Anyone seen the new Fantastic Four reboot? I heard it's been getting bad press, even the director backpedaling after a poor initial reception. Let's see... IMDb: 4 and "collective" from Metacritic: 27. Ouch! I think the next one on my list that I may end up seeing in the theaters is MI: Rogue Nation which seems to be doing pretty well.

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome! - Immortan Joe (Mad Max: Fury Road)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

...AND STEVEN.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4262 on: August 11, 2015, 11:27:32 PM »

...MI: Rogue Nation which seems to be doing pretty well.

Quite so!

I enjoyed it myself.  A great action flick with all the good (and bad) in spy flicks.  The gadgets...well, they got a bit ridiculous this time (I'm glad they dumped that 'mask' that seems to be completely 1000% full-proof moments after quickly shuffling it on); but the settings, the fights, the plot, and cast make it a good ride.  I feel like "the opera" bit was a bit done-before, but they made good use of the setting in general.  I hate being 'the girl' here to talk about this, but Rebecca Furguson played a killer character and was a brilliantly executed modern femme-fatale/agent (her penchant for going shoeless was unique too) (and being pretty as hell doesn't hurt).  Tom Cruise may be a bit of a whack-job in real life, but it's hard to deny the appeal of the M:I films and he's still great at leading them along with his rag-tag gang including Hawkeye, Marcelus Wallace, and Cornetto-Scotty. 

The "impossible vault" sequence this time was 'ok', it'd be hard to film otherwise, but it really relies too much on CG.  Hard to beat that first one I think.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:25:58 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4263 on: August 12, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »

I watched Airplane! with my boyfriend last night.

I find it funny how German literalism actually makes the title of this movie work for it. :P In German it's called "Die unglaubliche Reise in einem verrückten Flugzeug", which means like, "The incredible journey in the crazy airplane". Kinda fitting with the humour of this movie.

IIRC, I worked at a video store when The Departed was out, and the French version was called "Agents Troubles".  Cracked me up, I love foreign titles something. x)  Oh and the Italian poster for 12 Years a Slave where Brad Pitt looks like one of those Jesus candles you can buy in privately owned flower stores.

Chicago has such a huge Latino population even Target sells those Jesusy candles
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4264 on: August 12, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »

Huh, so Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' was at the Spectrum 8 in Albany...and they're having an encore showing on Monday...I might try to get in on that if I have the time...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4265 on: August 17, 2015, 09:23:40 PM »

Huh, so Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' was at the Spectrum 8 in Albany...and they're having an encore showing on Monday...I might try to get in on that if I have the time...

I saw it. Was great, as good as the last DBZ movie. A little more light-hearted than I expected, but that just made it better, IMO.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
glassjawsh
The One True Shitlord

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4266 on: August 18, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »

Blood Diamond.  It was entertaining (on account of the shooting and blood and whatnot) but by no means 'good'.  Jennifer Connelly is usually pretty great (Requiem for a Dream and A Beautiful Mind to name a few) and is also exceptionally attractive, but her character in this film seems almost entirely extraneous.  Almost all of her dialogue seems unnatural and counter-intuitive to what an embedded reported would normally be trying to do.  The studio clearly just shoehorned a love interest in to make the film more appealing to a wider audience.  I also think the movie would have appealed to me a lot more if it would have just dropped its flimsy attempt at containing a moral lesson about Africa being a complete disaster and gone with a Romancing the Stone, 80's style romp through the jungle tone.  Leonardo DiCaprio and Dijmon Hounsou had enough chemistry and silly "your culture is different than my culture! SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAT??" moments that it might have worked.

Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4267 on: August 19, 2015, 09:49:49 AM »

I just saw Jurassic World last week.  I'm not usually very critical of movies, but there were exactly 2.51 smart people in that movie and everyone else was braindead stupid.  Like, REALLY dumb.  Also, it was mostly predictable.  However, I still had fun watching it.

Current RPG - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4268 on: August 20, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »

Finally watched Oldboy. Now, that's a movie that a lot of people said "you gotta see it! it's AWESOME!" And then I wonder, what the fuck are those people on? It's a good movie, but it's kinda fuckin' sad.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4269 on: August 30, 2015, 11:34:06 AM »

Watched As Above,  So Below. While it was never the the best movie I have ever seen it is by far superior to It Follows. Yet.. It Follows has a much higher review score. So I must say. Fuck reviewers.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4270 on: August 30, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »

Mission Impossible: Rogue Agent

I've never been entertained by such a predictable movie. Some nice comfort food, I guess. It helped that the few times I didn't see something coming (be it a joke or plot point), it really hit home.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: