Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 14, 2016, 02:18:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
377447 Posts in 15104 Topics by 2334 Members
Latest Member: Malekoth
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Rocky and Bullwinkle / Fractured Fairy Tales
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rocky and Bullwinkle / Fractured Fairy Tales  (Read 34 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 44 Scratch ticket Ninja

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2016, 11:36:56 AM »

As someone who never really had typical exposure in terms of cartoons, I just discovered Rocky and Bullwinkle.

This is brief and to the point. I need express mondo appreciation for the "Fractured Fairy Tales" segment of the cartoon.

Also worth noting that I am NOT a ninja who generally likes anything comedic but for some reason these things have me rolling.

A quick youtube search yields  a few fractured playlists for anyone wondering what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE288392E5B0D41DD

We will never know world peace until 3 people can simultaneously look each other in the eye.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:04:45 PM »

As someone who never really had typical exposure in terms of cartoons, I just discovered Rocky and Bullwinkle.

This is brief and to the point. I need express mondo appreciation for the "Fractured Fairy Tales" segment of the cartoon.

Also worth noting that I am NOT a ninja who generally likes anything comedic but for some reason these things have me rolling.

A quick youtube search yields  a few fractured playlists for anyone wondering what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE288392E5B0D41DD

What!? You mean to tell me that the live action movies of Rocky and Bullwinkle or Dudley Do-Right or the CG movie of Mr. Peabody didn't steer you to the majesty that is cartoon Rocky and Bullwinkle? (Or that you didn't wake up at 5AM on Saturday Mornings to watch this before new episodes of Beast Wars came on your local broadcast channel 20 years ago?) How inconceivable!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tooker
Administrator

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 12:35:13 PM »

I believe they're available on Amazon Prime, if you have that service.  I re-watched a ton of Rocky and Bullwinkle there not too long ago.  Glad you found them! :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »

The one that always stuck with me the most was on the one where the guy married a woman but she got turned into a troll but it was okay because trolls were amazing cooks and this stuck with me because at one point the guy is just eating these beige balls of whatever and like

i really wanted to be the guy what was eating those beige balls of whatever

also i associate this with vague memories of driving around wapak/lime with my parents when I was a young lad and heading the song Jimmy Soul - If You Want To Be Happy on the radio*.

also that episode of Peabody and Sherman where they meet, uh, Custer, and he keeps calling the indians "injuns" and I remember hearing that as "engines" and getting really confused.

oh also the little interstitial animation where there's that earthquake and rocky and bullwinkle fall into the chasm that opens up used to freak me out a lot i thiiiiiink.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:30:00 AM »

Loved this show as a kid! 

This is still my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWjRgzFeE_8

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: