Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 01, 2015, 07:41:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
347055 Posts in 14159 Topics by 2235 Members
Latest Member: chiefjim
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] Print
Author Topic: Recently Viewed Movies Episode 2: The Vampire Bites Back  (Read 427851 times)
Dice
I'm fart and I'm smunny
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4110 on: February 16, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »

Nevertheless, it's always refreshing to see a film shot in Toronto and be that annoying movie-goer that points and says "HEY THAT'S QUEEN STREET AND THERE'S THE CN TOWER".

From what I understand, isn't Toronto a relatively popular location for film shoots?  I believe several Hollywood films set in New York City were actually filmed in Toronto.  I'm guessing it's because getting permits and all to shoot are easier and less costly in Toronto than in NYC.  

---

As for films, I also watched 21 Jumpstreet over the weekend; the newer one with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.  I thought it was going to be stupid because "oh great, another modern pisstake of something that was cool in the 80s" but I actually found myself enjoying it.  It was definitely better than expected, that's for sure.

It's definitely getting there as like a "cheaper NYC" and the like.

I've been watching Suits, and I always have a giggle because it's set around Wall Street but they're filming in Toronto's financial district (Bay Street) and you can see Toronto Transit rolling by in [consciously] blurred backgrounds. :P

And yeah, 21 was a lot of fun.  I  especially like the jokes about what school was like compared to our day to the modern day.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:35:03 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4111 on: February 17, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »

Rented John Wick after seeing it recommended here by follow RPGfans. What a movie. Best Keanu movie I've seen in a long time. My wife walked out of the room after watching a little too much violence on screen. Without having to resort to quote/spoiler tags, I'll just mention John Wick's IMDb trivia section is worth hitting up for those of you who may want to read up on more of the filming process.

Playing: Donkey Kong Country (3DS) and Captain Toad (Wii U).
glassjawsh
insolent cur

corn is no place for a mighty warrior

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4112 on: February 17, 2015, 11:57:29 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy - Funny movie.  But it felt like it was written for 7th graders (by an 8th grader).

Ugh, I really wanted to like it more than I did.  Especially because of how great Chris Pratt and John C Reilly are.

But their were just too many idiotic or lazy moments for me to completely get into it like I should have.

Why can't I just shut off my brain for a few hours and enjoy a pop corn movie (that isn't so over the top horrible that I don't have any expectations going in)?

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

Taking it from you while you sleep.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4113 on: February 25, 2015, 09:43:26 AM »

Stretch - A fun dark comedy/action flick. About a down and out limo driver who takes on a job driving around a very eccentric rich-type person (Karos) in order to pay an important gambling debt. Unsurprisingly, crazy shit unfolds.
Sounds unoriginal, and the premise itself pretty much is. However, in my opinion, the execution is good here. The dialogue is witty, and the acting is good. Chris Pine shines as Karos, and Ed Helms is great in his (way too small) role. Jessica Alba is in it. The main character, 'Stretch' seems to be the least crazy of most of the people he runs into, and is relatable.
Also, Jessica Alba.
All in all, nothing groundbreaking, but still a pretty good time.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4114 on: February 28, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »

Fritz the Cat is one messed up film.  It has some shocker moments even by today's standards.  It almost makes me wonder if we could have gotten away with more then than we do now.  Like are we more straight-laced and uptight as a society now than we were then, though we naturally perceive the past and past generations as stuffy?

Yeah, Fritz the Cat is worth watching. Despite its use of anthropomorphic animals, it's very human and probably one of the more honest portrayals of the era, depravity and all.

Next bike-a-thons:
Diabetes Tour-de-Cure, June 2015
ACS Cancer Ride, June 2015

How I imagine myself when I'm on the roll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6jay1etsw
How I probably look to everyone else when I'm on the roll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9VaaqU_LA
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: