Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 07:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329824 Posts in 13520 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Doctor Who
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 7490 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2014, 07:13:22 PM »

I actually wasn't a big fan of the new episode. I like Capaldi, and I'm definitely interested to see where the season is going, but I felt the actual story was incredibly boring. I am also SO sick of Vastra. She's fine, but we've seen her far to often recently (and by 'recently' I mean last season).

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:23 PM »

Hype train was too high on this, obviously. New Doctor is fine but how long can something stay 'Hip'? I know more than a few people who are iffy now. It's a shame.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:23 AM »

Watched it again. Capaldi is great and the chemistry with Clara is evident. Hype be damned. Not an epic start but it's still great watching.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:37 AM »

I didn't care much for the start (where he's sort of bumbling about), but there was clear "Doctor"-material in there by the end.

Looking forward to the rest of it. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:09 AM »

I liked it, actually. My boyfriend had to twist my arm about it when it was airing since I was already losing interest in Matt Smiths run who has been my least favourite of all the revived series Doctors. Yeah, yeah, I know a lot of people love him. The only thing that made me enjoy his run truly was Amy, and when she left for Clara I wasn't really feeling it. Clara felt like a cardboard cutout most of the time, just there, despite this apparently amazing role in the Doctors life as The Impossible Girl.

Clara felt a bit redeemed for me in this episode. Yeah she was kinda a bit of an idiot when the Doctor regenerated (hasn't she seen EVERY Doctor regeneration??? Why did this phase her?) but the sort of tension she had with Capaldi was great, as Vastra said it was nice to see her get her feathers ruffled for once. I really miss Amy's fieryness. The villain was a bit neither here nor there for me, just a vehicle to get the ball rolling.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »

I liked Matt Smith's version of the Doctor (unfortunately coming off Tennant he felt kind of similar in some ways and tamer in others...but I did like the excitement he had!).  I loved Amy (as you say, she was 'firey', and I liked how she played with the 'weird' that's thrown at them).  I even liked Rory a bit as a sort-of good-hearted punching bag.

But I agree, I think the plots during the Matt Smith era were a bit heavy and it got kind of annoying.  It never really sat right with me.

I am looking forward to Capaldi if for nothing more than a fresh slate.  Daresay, it's kind of nice he's a little less of a pretty boy too (not that it's ever a bad thing, but just to change things up).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: