Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 03:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341072 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 207 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 302576 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2700 on: April 18, 2014, 12:24:34 AM »

Nothing wrong with that.  I'd like to think that anyone can enjoy My Balls.

Though My Balls might not be appropriate for young children...

And this should be the theme song for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZbd0EvCs8

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoVb6-s-wEA
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2701 on: April 18, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »

http://youtu.be/mkanHSvFq3Q

I'm sorta just sitting with my mouth partially open when I just found out that Jojo ending used "Walking like an Egyptian" by the Bangles for its ending theme.

And given the style and 'swankiness' of the show...and the 80s... it's almost a perfect fit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2702 on: April 18, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »

I just realized something.  JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was Persona before Persona was Persona.  Think about it... JoJo and company's stands were summons based on the tarot card suit they were most aligned with. 

Iggy would annihilate Koromaru's ass. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2703 on: April 18, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »

I just realized something.  JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was Persona before Persona was Persona.  Think about it... JoJo and company's stands were summons based on the tarot card suit they were most aligned with. 

Iggy would annihilate Koromaru's ass. 

Yeaah I think you're on the money with that one. 

Anyone watch the show??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2704 on: April 18, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »

Some news for any mechheads here: A new J9 series is in the works. Not much info right now though, but I'll give it a chance when it comes along.

Just thought I'd point this little quote out:

Yamamoto also stated that one of the goals of the project is to revive the "original anime" in an age where it's more common to base anime off of manga, which is bad for anime scriptwriters. For this reason, he has started a "Practice Anime School" to train several new talents for the next generation of anime scriptwriters, using Ginga Jinpū Jinraiger as the teaching material.

Now that is ambitious. Or stupidly pretentious...I'm not sure which. It's a good goal nonetheless so either way, I'm hoping for the best.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2705 on: April 22, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »

Thanks to an abbreviated spring break, I finished reading the entirety of "My Balls."  I enjoyed it a lot.  Sure it felt like it felt like it overstayed its welcome at some midpoints, it did make me feel viscerally like the protagonist in some ways.  And I'm glad I endured, because the final epilogue was fantastic.  I was pleasantly surprised by this one.  It's so difficult to craft a good ending, and My Balls ended really well. 

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2706 on: April 22, 2014, 11:36:07 PM »

Finished Sword Art Online...and perhaps I am in the minority, but I LOVED the first part and liked the second part...a lot....

Everything's Eventual
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2707 on: April 23, 2014, 06:46:26 AM »

So this weeks' World Trigger was interesting, we actually had shonen characters retreat at the when it became clear that they were outmatched in a fight. It was weird to see, yet it is logical and sort of duh. Hurray for tactics! Really do love this series because its tacticalish approach to the conflicts.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2708 on: April 26, 2014, 02:26:39 AM »

Finished Sword Art Online...and perhaps I am in the minority, but I LOVED the first part and liked the second part...a lot....

Then it sounds like Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei would be right up your alley.

Some news for any mechheads here: A new J9 series is in the works. Not much info right now though, but I'll give it a chance when it comes along.

Cool beans. Though it sounds like the Space Car won't be returning, at least it'll be anime original. I mean, it can't be any worse than the dozen or so shitty LNs getting equally shitty animes every six months.

Anyways, I've finished up Hyouka, now I have no idea what's going to be replace that, but I somehow suspect it'll be another dull slice of life comedy. Honestly though, the show was fine until the school festival ended and then it was just "Oh, I bet you can figure this one out." and then the main character does.

Currently up to episode 4 of Madoka Magica and now the real deconstruction can begin.

Finished the first season of Log Horizon. Suddenly a new challenger approaches. Outside of being vague, cryptic, deceitful, and smuggling two watermelons in her shirt, Evil-not-Spice & Wolf's-Holo dumped a bunch of 'to be covered in Season 2' plot hooks, a villains' proposition using Zapp Branigan style bargaining skills, and nothing else. Ehh, it was good enough to follow through so bring on the Second Season. Not sure what to replace this with. Ehh, it's been awhile since I've watched a hilariously awful anime, maybe I should start up Disk Wars: Avengers. Actually, I should probably pick something that's recent yet finished and can be watched twice a night. Hmm...

Episode 32 of Utena, would I be spoilering it for anyone when I say that the 'nice car' seems to be powered by forbidden sex making. Also, banging your not-blood sibling, totally legit since 1996. Also also, banging your actually-blood sibling, totally legit since 1996.

Finished Season 1 of FMP while I'm at it. Now at least I know why the animations are as janky as they are in Z3-1. On the plus side, they're still better than the Code Geass R2 Knights animation, those were just disgraceful. Oh and outside of Gauron, Sousuke, Mao's shit-faced drunkenness, the occasional mecha fight, and the occasional Tessa troll (where she's suddenly "Where's the moe~desu~kawaii now, bitch!?"), the show would be generic LN trash. That said, I'm less amazed at how much I acutally remembered about this show, than I am at the fact that there really wasn't all that much to remember to begin with. Just the plane hijacking (which I missed the first time), the A21 arc, the Ubeckybecky-beckastan/Sousuke backstory arc featuring team Red Shirt generics, and the finale/Sub Hijacking arc. The only thing I forgot was that the Grey-haired ponytail commander dude didn't die this season. Also was amusing to see how much more attention was given to one of the two good guy casualties during the Sub Hijacking arc for SRWW. Anyways, on to FFUMOFU.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2709 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:27 PM »

Just thought I'd point this little quote out:

Yamamoto also stated that one of the goals of the project is to revive the "original anime" in an age where it's more common to base anime off of manga, which is bad for anime scriptwriters. For this reason, he has started a "Practice Anime School" to train several new talents for the next generation of anime scriptwriters, using Ginga Jinpū Jinraiger as the teaching material.

Now that is ambitious. Or stupidly pretentious...I'm not sure which. It's a good goal nonetheless so either way, I'm hoping for the best.

That quote got me interested.  It's like how so many fantastic films are/were based on or adapted from books (even several we didn't know were based on books) that I'm interested in films that were films from the get-go. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2710 on: April 28, 2014, 06:36:26 AM »

Rewatched through all of Stein;s Gate over the weekend(okay skipped the last episode but w/e). Then started rewatching FMA: Brotherhood. Both great series, although for FMA my brain kept thinking, "wait where is (blank) from the manga." Damn year and a quarter long anime cutting minor stuff. >.>
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2711 on: April 28, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

Rewatched through all of Stein;s Gate over the weekend(okay skipped the last episode but w/e). Then started rewatching FMA: Brotherhood. Both great series, although for FMA my brain kept thinking, "wait where is (blank) from the manga." Damn year and a quarter long anime cutting minor stuff. >.>

Yeah, unfortunately Brotherhood pretty much abridged the early arcs in favor of completing the anime at roughly the same time as the manga and because a large amount of that material was already covered in the original anime before that decided to go flying off the rails. Of course, that still left gaps like the first showdown in Central skipping over the fight between Envy and Lanfan (which was unfortunate for Ranfan since that was basically half of her asskicking screentime right there; which of course led to the confusion from the anime only crowd as to why she was suddenly wiping the floor with Gluttony when she returned right before the final battle). It's pretty much why the manga is the best version of the series.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2712 on: April 29, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »

Yeah, unfortunately Brotherhood pretty much abridged the early arcs in favor of completing the anime at roughly the same time as the manga and because a large amount of that material was already covered in the original anime before that decided to go flying off the rails. Of course, that still left gaps like the first showdown in Central skipping over the fight between Envy and Lanfan (which was unfortunate for Ranfan since that was basically half of her asskicking screentime right there; which of course led to the confusion from the anime only crowd as to why she was suddenly wiping the floor with Gluttony when she returned right before the final battle). It's pretty much why the manga is the best version of the series.
Indeed the manga is the best version, Brotherhood is the second best.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2713 on: April 30, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »

Z/X Ignition is picking up a bit after a slow middle, Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo is turning meh and Tonari no Seki-kun is cracking me up. Aeolus, I looked up Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Crunchyroll has it so maybe I will check it out

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2714 on: April 30, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »

I love Mahouka but I don't think it's anything remotely like SAO, so I don't know where that came from.  But then I've also read the novels so I know where it's going.  The anime has barely even scratched the surface so far.

Speaking of anime: Mekakucity Actors is the shit.  Did not expect to like this show so much, but it's a total blast.  Definitely has that Monogatari-esue Shaft style but content-wise it manages to have its own identity.  The first two episodes don't appear to have anything to do with each other but then the third ties it all together quite neatly.  Really looking forward to where this is going.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 207 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: