Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:51:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330072 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 196 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 273244 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2730 on: May 13, 2014, 07:11:54 AM »

So new issue of Shonen Jump yesterday.

World Trigger was great as always. Really love the tactical aspects of combat in this series. Kind of sad to see it was recently third to last in ranking, hopefully that doesn't stick.

One Piece was also great as always. I do kind of feel bad for the one star characters, to have such low bounties.

All You Need is Kill- Enjoyable read, although it is pretty obvious how this going to end based on this chapter.

Nisekoi- Bleh, I am sick o the most recent love interest addition. Seriously how ridiculously large has this harem gotten?

Seraph of the End- Worst chapter of the week. Although considering that this is the worst series in English Jump, that is not that surprising.

Toriko- Meh chapter, sort of stopped caring about this series a while ago now that I think about it.

Bleach- 18 pages to do what probably could have been done in 3 by a better mangaka. Yeah sounds about right for Bleach. Hurray padding! >.>

Stealth Symphony- Good chapter, unfortunately this series is almost certainly going to end in the next round of additions, so the odds of the plot threads in the .5 chapter going anywhere are near zero.

Blue Exorcist- Meh, at least it wasn't Seraph of the End.

One Punch Man- Alright quick chapter.

Naruto- Sakura why are you there? Kakashi why are you admiring Sakura for being too stupid to realize that Sasuke is bad news? And why is no one killing Sasuke?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:13:26 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2731 on: May 15, 2014, 03:15:51 PM »

Magi, what are you doing?
I don't care about Sheba and Solomon, just give me more Alibaba and Morgiana.

Magi, stahp!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2732 on: May 16, 2014, 07:04:18 AM »

Magi, what are you doing?
I don't care about Sheba and Solomon, just give me more Alibaba and Morgiana.

Magi, stahp!
Oh come on the two of them are finally getting together, so that should mean that there are only 5 more chapters till they break up meaning another 6 after that to explore the ramifications with one more for the end ramifications. That means we are almost done with the flashback! :p
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2733 on: May 16, 2014, 09:16:06 AM »

Big news I guess.
After 25 years of publication, Ah Megami-sama (Ah My Goddess) has finally ended.

You could technically say it took 25 years for them to get married.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2734 on: May 16, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »

Big news I guess.
After 25 years of publication, Ah Megami-sama (Ah My Goddess) has finally ended.

That is big news. :O Did they ever get a Guinneas World Record for Most Drawn-out Storyline?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2735 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »

Big news I guess.

That is big news. :O Did they ever get a Guinneas World Record for Most Drawn-out Storyline?

Ahahahahahahaha, no. Not even close. You have stuff like Doremon, Lupin the 3rd, as well as other miscellaneous manga and anime that have been going on since the 60s-70s.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2736 on: May 17, 2014, 02:10:03 AM »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-16/viz-licenses-original-sailor-moon-anime-franchise

Blu-ray! Uncensored! Sailor Stars! Even the new series! And a new dub! !

...Actually...Aww, I will miss some of the voices that I grew up with (like the old woman voice of Luna, and Brooklyn-born Molly...er, the rest I liked anyways).  But it'll be nice to know that Uranus and Neptune no longer have to hide their ILLICIT LOVE AFFAIR!!! (SCANDAL!).

This is still kinda cool news. :)

Big news I guess.

Ahahahahahahaha, no. Not even close. You have stuff like Doremon, Lupin the 3rd, as well as other miscellaneous manga and anime that have been going on since the 60s-70s.

I'm glad Morisato hopefully won't have to suffer more from his blue balls.

From my on/off reading of the series though, I've enjoyed it.  I'd still love to see what else Fujishima would work on.  He's a great illustrator and a pretty fun (albeit safe) story teller.

And, stupid point: But I admire this series for actually have three main ladies *all* without bangs.  I don't think this ever really happens ever in manga-land otherwise. :P
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:12:48 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2737 on: May 17, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »

Big news I guess.

Well is there really a central storyline to either Doremon or Lupin the 3rd? I'm not too familiar with either one, but my understanding is that they are just very long running episodic storylines rather than drawn out storylines. Longest manga with a central storyline that I can think of would be Hajime no Ippo. No idea on whether that one is drawn out or not though.

I'm glad Morisato hopefully won't have to suffer more from his blue balls.

From my on/off reading of the series though, I've enjoyed it.  I'd still love to see what else Fujishima would work on.  He's a great illustrator and a pretty fun (albeit safe) story teller.

And, stupid point: But I admire this series for actually have three main ladies *all* without bangs.  I don't think this ever really happens ever in manga-land otherwise. :P
Oh come on, it happens often in Manga, like One Piece where there are two main female characters who don't have defined love interests (actually no main character in One Piece has  a defined love interest because adventure!.....not counting Sanji who crushes on every female in existence). Then there is Mag....no, Fullmetal....no, Baku.....no, Naruto? Does it count if the female character is obsessed with a guy who will never give her the time of day so there is no chance of them ever becoming a couple? Oh I know, Negima!....wait no that is a harem series, so the only reason there were females who weren't throwing themselves at Negi is because the series ended one arc early. Maybe Bleach? Depends on how generous you are with "main lady." Oh I know, Soul Eater and The World God Only Knows (weird that this one works considering that the series premise is the main character getting girls to fall in love with him, but it does apply throughout the series and thenseveral times over in the finale).

Fine I'll admit it is uncommon, but I'll counter that it is uncommon in most forms of media.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2738 on: May 17, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »

What if the ending of Naruto is Sakura gets the super hyper eyes (I'm sure she can manage the surgery) and puts a genjutsu on Sasuke to make him her boy toy?

EDIT:
Actually, I have a question for everyone. Anyone know of a case of an author of a long publication making two very different publications back to back ?
The AMG-sama thing had me think that most long publication author tend to do a manga that's really similar to the last one.
I'm just wondering if there's a mold breaker out there.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:12:21 AM by Annubis » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2739 on: May 17, 2014, 05:14:45 PM »

Big news I guess.

I think Golgo 13 is the only one of those with even a semblence of a plot. Not that Ah My Goddess is a ton better in that area, but still, it at least tried to remember it had a story from time to time. I just mean they really put off the inevitable ending as much as they could.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2740 on: May 18, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »

What if the ending of Naruto is Sakura gets the super hyper eyes (I'm sure she can manage the surgery) and puts a genjutsu on Sasuke to make him her boy toy?

EDIT:
Actually, I have a question for everyone. Anyone know of a case of an author of a long publication making two very different publications back to back ?
The AMG-sama thing had me think that most long publication author tend to do a manga that's really similar to the last one.
That would be hilarious, scary, and awesome, but it won't happen because I'm sure Sasuke's uber eyes make him immune to Genjutsu.....and if they don't Naruto would free his bromance partner somehow.

When you say long publication, how long are we talking? I'm not too familiar with the authors of manga that ran for 25+ years and has ended. Hiromu Arakawa wrote Fullmetal Alchemist for nearly a decade and then went on to write a slice of life(?) story about a city kid going to a farming school (Silver Spoon). For a shorter example, Tsugumi Ohba wrote Death Note for three years and as far as I can tell his next work was Bakuman which are basically night and day.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2741 on: May 18, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »

Actually, I have a question for everyone. Anyone know of a case of an author of a long publication making two very different publications back to back ?The AMG-sama thing had me think that most long publication author tend to do a manga that's really similar to the last one.
Not sure exactly what you're asking about, but Takehiko Inoue (my favorite mangaka of all time, FWIW) is currently writing Vagabond (1998 to present day) and REAL (2001 to present day).  He also wrote Slam Dunk (1990 to 1996).  So he went from a high school basketball story, to samurai epic, to writing about basketball and samurai at the same time.  Dude loves basketball and samurai.  My kind of dude. 

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2742 on: May 18, 2014, 02:44:50 PM »

That exactly what I'm asking about.
Thanks for the suggestions. The only one I knew in there is Gin no Saji.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2743 on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »

Finished Kiniro no Corda: Primo Passo and Secondo Passo, was cute, I guess....Tonari no Seki-kun makes me snicker and I am still in love with Yowamushi Pedal!! Still chugging along with Prince of Tennis (on eps 70) it's good and I do keep watching but damn it's long winded.

Everything's Eventual
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2744 on: May 20, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »

So Monday's issue of Jump:

All You Need is Kill: Nice chapter, I totally know what the surprise at the end is though.
Code:
Rita is dead, possibly intentionally letting herself be killed because her presence was causing the loop despite everything else being destroyed last loop

One Piece: Good chapter, my instinct is that Fujitora will be fighting Pica because that I such a good power match up, but I guess we'll see.....I mean Pica is kind of pissed off at Luffy right now.

Naruto: Sakura, why are you here? Also next chapter is the beginning of the Matrix?

World Trigger: An amazing fight possibly one of the best I have seen in manga, chapter of the issue by far. Fight is even more amazing when you consider the fact that there were no main characters involved. It consisted entirely of B-list and C-list characters, and it was completely amazing. When I see a chapter like this, I have to wonder how it can possibly be so low in the rankings. Rise damn it!

Bleach: .....don't give a fudge. Why is this series not dead yet? Oh right we need something to serve as fluff to increase World Trigger's ranking. Good job on failing as a manga then Bleach. I'm sure when this week is ranked you'll successfully manage to rank below World Trigger again! I salute your failure.

Toriko: Meh, no strong feeling.

Seraph of the End: This series has gotten past the problem it had at the beginning of seeming to change concept every other week, but the dialogue is really starting to grate on me. Also this concept of the characters being completely defenseless when using their demons just.....doesn't make combat any more interesting. It makes the entire series about a bunch of glass cannons which is the most boring kind of fight.

Nisekoi: Ugh, standard Nisekoi chapter....so yeah not that good.

Stealth Symphony: I would find this interesting.....if I didn't know there is 0 chance that this won't be the first series on the chopping block next time there is a new series.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 196 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: