Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 07:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329224 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 195 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 269931 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2745 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »

After a bit of a hiatus from Anime...

I've got one more episode of Golden Time left, and I've really enjoyed it so far, so I'll probably finish that up on my break today.

Was going through my manga collection, and I've decided to finish collecting Rurouni Kenshin in the smaller format. I know Viz released the bigger format jumbo editions, but they don't match with the rest of my collection. I still have 14 books to collect so I'll be buying those in small chunks over the next couple of months.

On that note, why is the manga for GTO so damn hard to find? I remember even when I worked at a bookstore we rarely ever got any of these and they were next to impossible to order in, and we had a massive manga section. Massive.

Still have yet to finish Walkure Romanze, but that'll be next in the queue, and I started watching Sailor Moon last night on Hulu via VPN. While I miss the nostalgia of the old dub, I think I like the uncut original better.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2746 on: May 22, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »

No Game No Life is better than it has any right to be.

Honestly, my first impressions were not positive.  Goofy setup, pervert main character, fanservice galore, premonitions of harem.  I did sort of like the art style, though.  Gave it a unique feel.  But anyway, it didn't strike me as a show that was going places.  Boy was I wrong.  It's a surprisingly thoughtful story.  It still has elements of over-the-top humor but 1) they're actually funny and 2) they successfully mix it with the serious stuff.  I feel like Outbreak Company was attempting something similar but No Game No Life pulls it off better.  Way better.

And the games themselves are really entertaining.  Who knew there was a way to make shiritori epic?  I mean, actually epic.  Even Maddox would be forced to agree.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2747 on: May 23, 2014, 01:47:02 AM »

Oh wow, Maddox's page not only still exists, but is still being updated.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2748 on: May 23, 2014, 03:18:10 AM »

I completely forgot about this guy...haha
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2749 on: May 23, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »

Same reaction here.
He even kept up with the times and makes Youtubes now.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2750 on: May 24, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »

I have come to the realization that Im a full blown anime nerd too now.. I had previously watched Death Note(number 1 anime I watched so far), Clannad, Evangelion and Madoka but it was JoJo that made me come to this conclusion.

Anyway a few weeks ago I marathoned the entirety of part 1 and 2 of JoJo in one day and now I patiently await for new episodes of Stardust Crusaders. Episode 8 that came out today was pretty good.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 05:21:19 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2751 on: May 24, 2014, 06:59:59 PM »

It's not often we see official English subbed trailers for anime that's still months away.  It's also not often that anime trailers are that bad-ass.  Goddamn I'm hyped.

And in keeping up the theme of dated internet references...um, Trogdor or something...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2752 on: May 24, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »

Yeah, that trailer was pretty awesome. Is it a straight remake or is it an alternate path? Just curious.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2753 on: May 24, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »

Well, there have been rumors that they're going to do the Heaven's Feel route but as far as I know Ufotable hasn't officially confirmed anything.  It would make sense, though.  I mean, there are only three main routes in the game and the original anime covered the first, the Unlimited Blade Works movie covered the second, so there's only one left.

On the other hand, the original anime wasn't actually very good so they might want to make something to replace it.  But consider that Fate/Zero introduced a lot of stuff that really only matters in the Heaven's Feel route (like the whole deal with Sakura which you learn nothing about in the original anime's route), I can't imagine they're not going to touch on it at all.  So I'm guessing they're either going to do Heaven's Feel or they're going to try to combine elements from different routes into a newish storyline.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2754 on: May 25, 2014, 06:56:58 AM »

Madoka Magica: Episode 8. And then there were three. Better check yourself before you wreck yourself Horuma, your Time Stalker's showing.

World Conquest Zevzda Plot: Episode 8. Okay, so who here isn't related in someway to someone else in the cast? Alas, poor Cake Maker, your nobly sacrifice in holding off that Dozer with your Rolling Pin shall not have been in vain. But seriously, this show is better than it has any right to be (maybe not quite Girls und Panzer levels of "how is this watchable?" but still pretty amusing).

Utena: Episode 36. Thus ends the Student Council. The finale is just around the corner (hopefully the show doesn't drive off a cliff like most anime/manga do). Also while watching it this week, I noticed that the movie has gone up so in a few weeks' time, I'll finally be able to get the full Nice Car experience.

FMP? FUMOFFU!: Episode Finished. Best episodes are again, the Yakuza episode, the Rugby episode, the Final episode, and the Pony episode in roughly that order. Next up will be Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid: Episodes 1-4. Remember how much FMP Season 1 sucked because it wasted all that time on the "Sousuke not acting like a Goober" bits? Well, what if you took those bits and substitute some of the rampant clichés with actual writing? Turns out, you'd get the first act of this show. Honestly, I was expecting Sousuke's "Why won't this crazy Lambda Driver thing work dammit!?" phase to be a lot more wangsty and self indulgent than this (it at least came off as such in SRWW).

That Macross Frontier X Seven movie: And with this, I think that closes out the Frontier period of Macross for me (unless something else comes out). Yes, it was mostly a Macross Seven recap episode in movie format with interjections from the Frontier crew. But it still doesn't change the fact that it was essentially the best parts of Macross Seven in movie format (and that it was immensely amusing to see that, yes; Max Jenis really does live up to his SRW reputation).

Attack on Titan: Episodes 1-4. And with this the introductory episodes are done and the plot can begin. It's actually amusing to see it all from the beginning again and know what's going on with most of the cast. Additionally....

Shingeki no Kyojin: Chapters 53-57.
Code:
Hot damn this sucker moves fast. In four chapters we get a mechanics update on Titans, a new enemy, several more casualties, a glimpse at both Erwin and Levi's past, the reveal of the King's face, and seriously? Did it really have to include that? Poor Armin....
Unfortunately, after watching the anime, I can no longer read Eren's dialogue and not hear Poppycock's voice.

Black Lagoon: Episode 10. And thus ends Roberta's blood trail until Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail. A shame really as her rampage has been the highlight of the show thus far (yes, topping the whole Hind getting killed by a Torpedo sequence).

Beware the Batman: Episodes 1-3. Hey, another Batman series within the same genealogy as the 90's The Adventures of Batman and Robin. So far though, nothing terribly special (except for that one segment of 1930s Batman).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2755 on: May 25, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »

Well, there have been rumors that they're going to do the Heaven's Feel route but as far as I know Ufotable hasn't officially confirmed anything.  It would make sense, though.  I mean, there are only three main routes in the game and the original anime covered the first, the Unlimited Blade Works movie covered the second, so there's only one left.

On the other hand, the original anime wasn't actually very good so they might want to make something to replace it.  But consider that Fate/Zero introduced a lot of stuff that really only matters in the Heaven's Feel route (like the whole deal with Sakura which you learn nothing about in the original anime's route), I can't imagine they're not going to touch on it at all.  So I'm guessing they're either going to do Heaven's Feel or they're going to try to combine elements from different routes into a newish storyline.

looks like Heaven's Feel  cause pausing  2:21 in trailer shows Shirou  with those arm wraps and that only happens Heaven's Feel route.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2756 on: May 25, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »

The main character of Brynhildr in the Darkness wins herbivore of the forever.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2757 on: May 26, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »

Is he even worse then Ichika from Infinite Stratos ? if so then....damn!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2758 on: May 26, 2014, 02:54:58 PM »

Is he even worse then Ichika from Infinite Stratos ? if so then....damn!

Ichika is stupid while this guy knew exactly what he was offered.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2759 on: May 28, 2014, 09:15:48 PM »

Holy shit! No Game No Life is incredible this week.

The first half is funny as hell and the second half's plot is amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 195 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: