Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 09:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331662 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 198 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 277759 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2760 on: May 28, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »

It was good and all, but man what a cliffhanger...

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2761 on: May 30, 2014, 02:58:15 AM »

Powering through Takehiko Inoue's Vagabond. I read the source material for this years ago, and the manga does a wonderful job of adapting it. Part of me wants to go back and read Yoshikawa's Musashi again.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2762 on: May 31, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »

So I decided to watch Bubblegum Crisis, starting from the original.
It's one of those things I just never got to watch.

I pop in the first OVA and surprise surprise, I've seen this before.
To be more specific, I've seen a more recent TV serie remake of it.

Here's the thing, what I watched was called "Knight Sabers" and I didn't know it was Bubblegum Crisis.

Score +1 to distribution renaming of series confusing the shit out of everyone.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2763 on: May 31, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »

All the little threads in Mekakucity Actors are starting to come together.  It's pretty neat how they tied these things together (the original songs really didn't have much to do with each other).  And the cover and video they did for the end of ep 8 was just fantastic, I enjoyed it so much I had to rewatch it a couple of times (I think that's a first for me).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2764 on: June 05, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »

Finally remembered Xabungle was a Tomino mecha show (and one of the few I have yet to see) so I decided to start that. I'm only 7 episodes in, but it's been surprisingly entertaining so far. I mean, I know I have yet to experience a Tomino show I didn't like, but I didn't expect much from a "light-hearted" Mecha show, especially since the last one few I saw weren't very good (beginning of ZZ Gundam and Majestic Prince), but this one nails it. The comedy tends to be funny without being out of place or overbearing, the characters are largely likeable and distinct, and the story itself has enough serious themes and moments to give it weight so it doesn't just feel like a bunch of random silliness. Plus the action's great and I love the mecha designs. You can tell BattleTech ripped quite a few of these machines from Xabungle, and they even have Mechwarrior 2's favorite death animation, where the legs keeps going after the top's blown off.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2765 on: June 06, 2014, 03:30:12 AM »

Finally remembered Xabungle was a Tomino mecha show (and one of the few I have yet to see) so I decided to start that. I'm only 7 episodes in, but it's been surprisingly entertaining so far. I mean, I know I have yet to experience a Tomino show I didn't like, but I didn't expect much from a "light-hearted" Mecha show, especially since the last one few I saw weren't very good (beginning of ZZ Gundam and Majestic Prince), but this one nails it. The comedy tends to be funny without being out of place or overbearing, the characters are largely likeable and distinct, and the story itself has enough serious themes and moments to give it weight so it doesn't just feel like a bunch of random silliness. Plus the action's great and I love the mecha designs. You can tell BattleTech ripped quite a few of these machines from Xabungle, and they even have Mechwarrior 2's favorite death animation, where the legs keeps going after the top's blown off.

Wait. I wasn't aware that Tomino had anything to do with Majestic Prince.

But yes, Xabungle is a great show.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2766 on: June 06, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

Wait. I wasn't aware that Tomino had anything to do with Majestic Prince.

But yes, Xabungle is a great show.

He didn't. I just meant Light-hearted mecha shows in general there. I can only think of 5 total, and 2 of them I haven't seen yet...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2767 on: June 08, 2014, 09:14:21 PM »

We're slowly creeping towards TWO entire volumes of Magi not featuring any of its main cast.
That just doesn't seem like a good idea at all.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2768 on: June 09, 2014, 12:54:20 AM »

We're slowly creeping towards TWO entire volumes of Magi not featuring any of its main cast.

Depends.  If the non-main cast is just as awesome, then I'd like that.  But I see what you mean.  Dammit, is the quality going down?  I was really interested in that one.... D:

QUESTION btw: FMA Brotherhood or FMA(2003)?  I never finished the series, and I wanna know what happens.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2769 on: June 09, 2014, 01:05:17 AM »

I wanna know what happens.

Brotherhood it is.
It's the only one with a real ending.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2770 on: June 09, 2014, 06:22:11 AM »

Brotherhood it is.

The original totally had an ending. I mean, they were probably hard pressed to top Conquerer of Shambala in terms of stupidity (plus there was hardly anybody left after that piece of shit).

But really, I'd recommend the manga myself. Brotherhood abridges way too much of the beginning (which, depending on whom you ask, is the best part of the series since it hadn't gone full on fighting yet; even though there was a lot of fighting going on overall), and 2003-4 went in a completely different direction that ended in a weird, somewhat goofy, and entirely overwrought/melodramatic way. Besides, even if you watch both the Good Half of the Original and the Better Half of Brotherhood, you'd still miss out on some material in between.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2771 on: June 09, 2014, 07:11:46 AM »

We are almost over with it, and it is still 1000x better than the year of Sasuke or the Fullbringer arc, so it could have been worse. And besides, Aladdin has been in the past few chapters technically. :p

Brotherhood it is.

The original totally had an ending. I mean, they were probably hard pressed to top Conquerer of Shambala in terms of stupidity (plus there was hardly anybody left after that piece of shit).

But really, I'd recommend the manga myself. Brotherhood abridges way too much of the beginning (which, depending on whom you ask, is the best part of the series since it hadn't gone full on fighting yet; even though there was a lot of fighting going on overall), and 2003-4 went in a completely different direction that ended in a weird, somewhat goofy, and entirely overwrought/melodramatic way. Besides, even if you watch both the Good Half of the Original and the Better Half of Brotherhood, you'd still miss out on some material in between.
I'll second the manga, but if Dice really wants to watch only one she should go with Brotherhood.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2772 on: June 12, 2014, 10:12:49 PM »

Blade and Soul - episode 11
Did they animate MMO lag at 10:48 ? I mean, it can't be that they forgot to make the guy go forward... right ?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2773 on: June 15, 2014, 10:37:55 PM »

Despite the wonky, low-budget animation (seriously, those creepy, ugly, motionless background characters in certain scenes look totally out of place and lazy as heck...) and some ugly character designs, Baby Steps is shaping up to be my all-time favorite sports anime.  It's got a bit of a  slow start (though that is sort of the premise) so you have to give it a few episodes but now things are really starting to move.  Episode 11 was pretty much perfect (aside from those animation issues I mentioned, anyway...).  The pacing was just right, the action was solid, and it really gives you a good idea of the different strategies and techniques being used.  And most of all it's one of the most realistic depictions of the sport in question I've ever seen in a sports anime.  The only thing I can think of that comes close is Okiku Furikabutte.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2774 on: June 18, 2014, 07:35:30 PM »

Blah blah blah always gotta be me blah

http://anichart.net/summer or http://static.neregate.com/2014/05/neregate.com-Summer-2014-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg (if you just want one image)

Some highlights:

Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya 2wei!
F*CK YEAH! Season 1 covered the first manga which wasn't that great but season 2 will be covering the second manga which was a complete blast. High hopes here.
Type-moon Nanoha clone (and I love me some Nanoha)

Space☆Dandy 2
I freaking loved the more serious episodes of Space Dandy. I'm hoping they sprinkle some of those again in-between all the craziness.

Akagami ga Kiru/Kill!
From the manga of the same name. Should be at the very least descent (and possibly very bloody - depends which channel and time for censorship)

Barakamon
I know a bit of the manga... possible watch...
This thing reminds me of Yostuba!

Hanamonogatari
Monomonomono gatagata ri... probably good... but I'm starting to feel tired of this thing...

Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Because one Persona 4 anime just wasn't enough!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal
I think this is the Sailor Moon equivalent to Dragon Ball Kai

Sengoku Basara Judge End
YUKIMURA!!!
OYAKATASAMA!!!
(oh wait... he's dead)

Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
Is a mech show

Aldnoah.Zero
Is also a mech show

Sword Art Online II
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Kantai Collection -Kan Colle-
I know at least one person on this forum will watch it

-----
Next person, please quote me because I'm willing to bet that with my usual luck, this will be the last post on the page.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:38:12 PM by Annubis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 198 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: