Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 08:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329283 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 195 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 270126 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2775 on: June 18, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »

Blah blah blah always gotta be me blah

http://anichart.net/summer or http://static.neregate.com/2014/05/neregate.com-Summer-2014-Anime-Chart-v2.jpg (if you just want one image)

Some highlights:

Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya 2wei!
F*CK YEAH! Season 1 covered the first manga which wasn't that great but season 2 will be covering the second manga which was a complete blast. High hopes here.
Type-moon Nanoha clone (and I love me some Nanoha)

Space☆Dandy 2
I freaking loved the more serious episodes of Space Dandy. I'm hoping they sprinkle some of those again in-between all the craziness.

Akagami ga Kiru/Kill!
From the manga of the same name. Should be at the very least descent (and possibly very bloody - depends which channel and time for censorship)

Barakamon
I know a bit of the manga... possible watch...
This thing reminds me of Yostuba!

Hanamonogatari
Monomonomono gatagata ri... probably good... but I'm starting to feel tired of this thing...

Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Because one Persona 4 anime just wasn't enough!

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal
I think this is the Sailor Moon equivalent to Dragon Ball Kai

Sengoku Basara Judge End
YUKIMURA!!!
OYAKATASAMA!!!
(oh wait... he's dead)

Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
Is a mech show

Aldnoah.Zero
Is also a mech show

Sword Art Online II
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Kantai Collection -Kan Colle-
I know at least one person on this forum will watch it

-----
Next person, please quote me because I'm willing to bet that with my usual luck, this will be the last post on the page.

I'm interested in Gen Urobuchi's thing because it's him and I hope for some crazy shit to happen.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2776 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »

Kantai Collection -Kan Colle-
I know at least one person on this forum will watch it

Who's that? ;)

Actually something weird is going on with that show.  It was definitely supposed to be airing over the summer at some point, but there has been zero promotion for it (seriously, not even a single PV) and there are rumors flying that it's been delayed.  But I haven't actually seen an official statement to that effect...in fact the people in charge just aren't saying anything.  Not really a good sign, though, particularly for something that was supposed to be airing in just a couple weeks...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2777 on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

Oh my God Shirogane no Ishi Allovermyface actually looks like a real mecha show. I thought it was based on a card game? Or was I thinking of Bishiroad this whole time?

Regarldless, that and Aldnoah.Zero are two of my most anticipated shows in a while. And they both have good mecha designs for once. I haven't seen good mecha designs in a non-OVA in, like, 10 years...maybe more. (Though I did like the Tieren from 00)

And of course I'll be watching Sailor Moon Crystal as well.

And the rest that I'm interested in are all sequels to shows I never saw, and everything else is outside my preferred genres, so chances are those 3 will be it for me.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2778 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:29 AM »

Curious as to what they do for the story of Kantai, as the browser game has zero story. Wonder if they will base it roughly off the official manga or 4koma even then that isn't much source material. Started  playing it 3 weeks ago. The game is  more addicting then it ever has the right to be.  Rng san is so  cruel ;_;.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2779 on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:47 AM »

And of course I'll be watching Sailor Moon Crystal as well.

Me too but maaan...the trailer really took some hype away.

Usagi was just doing one fact the whole thing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2780 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:08 AM »

Started  playing it 3 weeks ago. The game is  more addicting then it ever has the right to be.  Rng san is so  cruel ;_;.

A comrade!  Which server are you on?

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2781 on: June 19, 2014, 02:36:17 AM »

Summer: The season of Idols, Harems, Reverse Harems, Sequels, and Remakes. At least one of those sequels is Space Dandy: The Same Generation ("He's still a dandy guy in the space.").

Speaking of which, I've started a couple of new series.

Gigantic Formula: Yep. This is a Sunrise show. It's like G Gundam; except stupider; far far stupider (and remember, G Gundam had a giant robot piloted by a goddamn horse; also, Gundam Maxter, the best Gundam). The premise is that the International Date Line spontaneously combusted, leaving everyone feeling like throwing a land war in Asia but without the hassle of actually getting into a land war in Asia. Cue NATO declaring world war on itself by having countries duke it out with sudo racial-caricatures magical giant robots (and promptly forget to set designated combat zones to keep the collateral damage to a minimum, so Tokyo gets trashed in the first episode; whoops). The main character is a teenager who is good at videogames and is also "THE CHOSEN ONE" (as literally stated by the show; I'll probably start counting how many times this gets brought up per episode since I'm pretty sure the show hasn't emphasized it enough yet) who attends school which is on top of the country's military headquarters/magical giant robot hanger staffed by magical girls (well only the subpilot/giant robot damage indicator/eventual SWR SP pool (if she's lucky, she'll be able to cast Love), the rest are mostly the tech support thus far (there may yet be another magical subpilot/giant robot damage indicator/eventual SRW SP pool (she'll be lucky if she'll be able to cast Attune since she's not the first girl)), and the usual Gundam-ish supporting cast.

Code E: Only one episode in so far, but I can't shake the feeling that this is going to turn out to be more like Code Ehh. I'll probably watch it anyways just because I usually have nothing better to do during that period.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2782 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »

Started  playing it 3 weeks ago. The game is  more addicting then it ever has the right to be.  Rng san is so  cruel ;_;.

Paramamusir Docks. slamming away at that 2-4 wall.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2783 on: June 19, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »

I'm on Brunei.  Guess I won't be seeing you around.

2-4 is a bitch, but life gets better after that.  Clearing world 2 unlocks both 3 and 4, and the world 2 extra mission, so you'll have a choice of what to do after that.  Next big wall is 3-2 and its frustrating all-DD requirement, but you could theoretically clear all of world 4 before you had to go back and deal with it.  Plus if you're not trying to clear it 3-2 is actually one of the best grinding spots in the game, so it should help get your levels up.

I think it's possible to cheese 2-4 with subs if you have have.  The world 1 extra map should drop lots.  They probably need to be at a decent level first, though.

Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2784 on: June 19, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »

I'm on Brunei.  Guess I won't be seeing you around.

2-4 is a bitch, but life gets better after that.  Clearing world 2 unlocks both 3 and 4, and the world 2 extra mission, so you'll have a choice of what to do after that.  Next big wall is 3-2 and its frustrating all-DD requirement, but you could theoretically clear all of world 4 before you had to go back and deal with it.  Plus if you're not trying to clear it 3-2 is actually one of the best grinding spots in the game, so it should help get your levels up.

I think it's possible to cheese 2-4 with subs if you have have.  The world 1 extra map should drop lots.  They probably need to be at a decent level first, though.

I have I-58 and I-68 they are level 24 and 28. Having pretty bad luck at getting CV and BB.
I am pretty good on DD with 5 in the 25-36 range from farming 1-5 to get those subs, no I-19 though..... x_x rng gives me everything, but what I need... Unless its Yamashiro, rng loves to give me Yamashiro. So i'll probably try that cheese method if you can do it with 1-2 subs.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2785 on: June 20, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »

Finally got off my keaster and polished off a few more series.

World Conquest Zezda Plot, Season 1: I'm glad there was a sequel hook at the end, the first season was an enjoyable romp and and some of the gags and oldschool anime references were pretty good. Also, I'm glad that the Pastry Chef survived, they couldn't beat him, even with a bulldozer.

Full Metal Panic, Season 2 (i.e. The Second Raid): Better than the first season, but still not as good as FUMOFFU!?. I think I could've done without Sousuke wangsting for nearly three full episodes. Especially due to just how quickly Gates and the naked lesbian twins go down in the end (I think Gauron put up a better fight than those three in the end, and he was bedridden and dying for the entire season).

And speaking of lesbians... Revolutionary Girl Utena: And with this, I am done with the series. It's a good thing that all three arcs had more or less the same overarching theme running through them as the series conclusion wouldn't have worked as well as it did without it (and some of those parts were really meandering). And that theme would probably be
Code:
it's all well and good to want to be the Hero (or Prince in this case), but the Hero doesn't always win and that's when the last person you want to be is the Hero/Prince.
Now with this done, I can't wait to get crackin' on da movie.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence of Utena: I said I couldn't wait. ;) The first half was a decent abridgment of the series, it was weird seeing Utena acting like Nanami in regards to Touga, but the callbacks to the series were nice for the most part. Then the second half happened.... I was promised a nice car..., and it delivered.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:21:56 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2786 on: June 20, 2014, 06:53:40 AM »

Watched some more Knights of Sidonia. The people are plants, btw. I don't even need a spoiler for that, because it isn't an important plot point at all. They just photosynthesis because. Just like how they have a talking bear with a robot arm because. And the protagonist's love interest has no gender and reproduces asexually which you would think would lead to an interesting drama but it doesn't because.

Seriously, the weird little details that don't seem to really seem to add to anything aside, this show has been pretty interesting. In fact, this might be the first non-OVA mecha anime since Eureka Seven that I could confidently call "good", provided it stays on course.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2787 on: June 21, 2014, 08:53:17 PM »

Saw episode 3 of Broken Blade. Halfway through, and so far I apparently can't gush enough about this show. It's not perfect - Rygart's character is a bit conflicting, especially in the case of him not wanting to kill despite being a trained soldier. It's become a very tired trope by now, and while I think they haddle it a bit better than most, it still feels like a forced plotpoint. I mean, it's not enough that he doesn't want to kill his best friend? He has to try to save everybody, including the ones mercilessly slaughtering his own people, including his own comrades in arms? What's his motivation there? I don't recall it ever being made clear.

But that aside, it's been incredible. The animation's gorgeous, the fights are complex and detailed, there's lots of attention to detail, the music is amazing. The story, world and political strife are becoming incredibly complex, and there's a lot of hinting at even bigger things to come, though this adaption might not even get to fully cover them all (the manga is on-going). The characters are all interesting in their own right, though admittedly the characters aren't a huge focus - the cast is large, but we don't get to learn about a lot of them. However, considering the episodes are technically full movies, and there's only so much you can do to develop characters in movies, I think they've done enough to make most of the characters stand out.

I can hardly wait to continue this!

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2788 on: June 21, 2014, 10:28:17 PM »

I finally sat down and watched Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc. Overall I was mostly pleased by it. I both liked and disliked the conflated story at various points, but for the most part it seemed to stay true to the story and spirit of the original with one major exception.

Code:
I guess it could be argued that Shishio was dying at the end of his fight with Kenshin, but it didn't really explain that if that was in fact the case. This made it seem like Kenshin actually killed him at the end of their duel.

I did really appreciate seeing RuroKen in contemporary animation. It looked fantastic. I hope they can find the time, the budget, and the story to do more. In the meantime, I'll look forward to the release of the new live-action movie.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2789 on: June 22, 2014, 04:28:06 AM »

I finally sat down and watched Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc. Overall I was mostly pleased by it. I both liked and disliked the conflated story at various points, but for the most part it seemed to stay true to the story and spirit of the original with one major exception.

Code:
I guess it could be argued that Shishio was dying at the end of his fight with Kenshin, but it didn't really explain that if that was in fact the case. This made it seem like Kenshin actually killed him at the end of their duel.

I did really appreciate seeing RuroKen in contemporary animation. It looked fantastic. I hope they can find the time, the budget, and the story to do more. In the meantime, I'll look forward to the release of the new live-action movie.

IIRC, Shishio dies because his body's a fucked up piece of shit that's incapable of regulating his core body temperature without assistance or a significant amount of cool-down time, and he had the bright idea of trying to duke it out with one of the greatest swordsmen of his era in a protracted sword fight. All Kenshin had to do was keep the fight going until Shishio either keeled over or gave up, and then Shishio burst into flames because it's anime and it would've been too hard/boring/lame to depict the arc's main villain dying due to severe heat exhaustion/heat stroke.

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 195 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: