Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4920 on: September 21, 2019, 06:08:20 AM »
Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara
Feels like this is getting old. Wonder if they can revive the whole thing with this.
HAHAHHAAHAHAHHA
HAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
*breathes*
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA
Wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder. :P

I don't watch the anime, so I don't know where season 3 ended...but if my guess is right from looking at the episode titles, it looks like only the final manga arc is left. And the final arc is....interesting.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: September 23, 2019, 03:40:18 AM »
Feels like this is getting old. Wonder if they can revive the whole thing with this.
HAHAHHAAHAHAHHA
*breathes*
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

I don't watch the anime, so I don't know where season 3 ended...but if my guess is right from looking at the episode titles, it looks like only the final manga arc is left. And the final arc is....interesting.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about calling the final arc interesting. I hope so, because it was seriously pointless, and the ending was even more so.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: September 23, 2019, 05:37:08 AM »
I think he means that you're about to walk into an Usagi Drop situation (or whichever anime/manga was about a single male raising conditioning a little girl into marrying him).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: September 23, 2019, 06:55:03 AM »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic about calling the final arc interesting. I hope so, because it was seriously pointless, and the ending was even more so.
I mean interesting in the sense of "How the hell did the author think this was a good idea."

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: September 27, 2019, 06:08:29 PM »

I mean interesting in the sense of "How the hell did the author think this was a good idea."

Oh, yeah. Completely agree. It was really bad. I really enjoyed the series up to that point despite the gratuitous food-gasms. But that final arc was really dumb.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: September 27, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
HAHAHHAAHAHAHHA
*breathes*
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA

I dropped this... and it seems that was a good call huh?

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: September 27, 2019, 07:27:01 PM »
Probably. I wish that I had <_<

Actually, I wish that a lot. I guess I should be more selective of the stuff I stick with until the end. Ah well.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: September 28, 2019, 07:42:08 AM »

I dropped this... and it seems that was a good call huh?
The final arc is all over the place. Part of the problem is that the authors seem to have lost their food consultant around the time of the final arc, so instead of using real cooking ideas, they go overly shonen in food cooking techniques and it gets incredibly stupid. Part of the problem is that the arc is very Erina focused, but they have nothing to do with her so it ends up going nowhere and then backwards for a little bit before she ends up exactly where she started the arc. Meanwhile none of the other characters really get good development either. There is at least one good moment, but the whole thing is probably not worth it except for train wreck watching.

Probably. I wish that I had <_<

Actually, I wish that a lot. I guess I should be more selective of the stuff I stick with until the end. Ah well.
You just need to learn to swap gears when a series starts getting bad from "I'm enjoying this because it is good," to "I'm enjoying this because it is entertaining to watch it crash and burn in a spectacular fashion." That is the only way I was able to finish Bleach because I had to see how stupid it got at the end.

Jimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: September 28, 2019, 08:48:15 PM »
Bleach was awful. I gave up on that one during the Fullbring arc. I picked it back up when I heard it was entering the final arc, but it was not an improvement. The series really should've ended with Aizen's defeat. I kind of think the author intended that, but Shonen Jump being Shonen Jump they weren't ready to let that IP go just yet. I checked out the last few chapters and the ending just to see what all happened even though I didn't really know what was happening. But that ending was so stupid. Food Wars at least did better than that even if that isn't saying much.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: October 09, 2019, 09:44:42 PM »
I didn't know netflix had a Kabaneri movie so I tuned into that. Storywise its still as dumb as rocks but its a still a lot of fun.