Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:20:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338111 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 296098 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: June 23, 2009, 09:38:16 AM »

I watched Code Geass despite my hatred for CLAMP character designs. I have to say I was surprised by how good it was. Aside from the annoying CLAMP designs (the characters are absurdly skinny outside of the obviously manly men characters) everything about it was top notch, though the finale was a bit ridiculous in execution. It had one of the best dubs I've ever heard, too. So much so that I can't watch it in Japanese at all. Whoever says the dubs in Code Geass are bad is an utter liar.

SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: June 24, 2009, 07:33:06 PM »

Has anyone here seen Mushishi? I just watched the first two episodes yesterday and thought they were great. So apparently it's kinda like an X-Files sort of thing, where every episode is going to be a new case. Seems like a pretty cool idea, and the concept of the mushi seems like it could be pretty versatile. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

The only other anime series I've watched all the way through were Evangelion (which I really didn't like very much), Berserk (which I thought was kinda overrated but liked much more than Evangelion), FLCL (which was great) and Planetes (which was one of the greatest shows of any kind I have ever seen). Edit: oh yeah and Now and Then, Here and There, which was pretty great, too. Come to think of it I should really watch more anime series, the good ones are really good.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:39:32 PM by SonicDeathMonkey » Logged
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: June 24, 2009, 07:37:49 PM »

Wolf's Rain...sucks. I have no idea how I made it through 27 episodes, but I couldn't watch the last 2.5 episodes. I got tired of watching these fuckers walk around for 22 minutes.

Oh my God that show is awful! You made it much further than I did (I only watched like... 7 or 8 episodes), but from the sound of it I'm lucky I bailed when I did. I probably never would have thought about that show ever again if you hadn't reminded me. Damn you! Haha. Bad show.
littlewing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

I never got past the first episode of Code Geass. D: Even though I keep thinking of going back to rewatch it. The only series I'm sort of watching now is Pandora Hearts... but only because I have no idea what's going on and I want to find out! :P I gave up on 07 Ghost after the first episode and the other series this season didn't really interest me. I'm also re-watching Ouran for the crack.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2009, 10:45:54 AM »

Yeah, Mushishi is episodic, and fucking awesome. I watched it over the winter and loved it. Though, it helps if you're in the mood for slow story-telling.

Yeah, it [Wolf's Rain] actually started getting better around episode 10 or so, but then had four straight recap episodes. This isn't Gundam fucking SEED. Then the show was fucking boring again until episode 26, then just became lame again.

The creators tried creating sympathy...but the characters suck...and they're wolves...

--

I'm enjoying Gundam 00 S2. I'm at the halfway point, and the Gundams are becoming haxxor again.

Ai Yori Aoshi is good for what it is. I still enjoy harem anime even though I'm going on 19. >.>
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »

Watched the FMA movie with Losfer last night.

All I wanted to see was Al, but having to sit through:

Code:
LOL HITLER.

was asking a bit much.

Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »

Oruchuban Ebichu.  Episodes 1-4.

The only anime I've been able to watch in almost a month.
Good shit.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: June 29, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »

Finished Ai Yori Aoshi. Episode 21 was weak. Not because it was bad, because of how unnatural it was. No one has that much concern over someone having a fucking cold.

I'm planning the marathon the second hald of Gundam 00 S2 this week, since I'm finally getting close to finishing downloading the series (if it wasn't for K dramas, I would've finished this series a month ago.)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: July 07, 2009, 03:44:40 PM »

I started watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:26 PM »

Finished watching Maison Ikkoku with Myau last night.  What a fucking great series.  They don't make them like that anymore.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »

I was watching Rune Soldier with my cousin yesterday. It was my second time watching it, so I only watched bits and pieces, but he watched the whole fucking thing yesterday. O_O

As for me, I only advanced a few episodes in Gundam 00 S2, not because it sucks, but because School Rumble Second Semester is fucking awesome. I only have three episodes left. :(

Caught back up on Naruto (manga.) I was on 440 from my last break, and good God, this shit is getting so awful I can't put it down. I have to see how this manga ruins itself.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

Watched episode 14 of FMA:B yesterday. For you stragglers wondering what's the point of this version now's the time to find out.

Code:
The divergence between the old anime and the new one has finally occurred, and damn, if the showdown between Wrath and Greed wasn't awesome. Much better than Greed's throwdown with Ed in the old version.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: July 14, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

Watched two episodes of Eden of The East.

I really like it so far.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: July 15, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »

Watched episode 14 of FMA:B yesterday. For you stragglers wondering what's the point of this version now's the time to find out.

Code:
The divergence between the old anime and the new one has finally occurred, and damn, if the showdown between Wrath and Greed wasn't awesome. Much better than Greed's throwdown with Ed in the old version.

Code:
You know, if I recall correctly, I felt more tension during Ed and Greed's fight then I did with Greed and Wrath. It was still fantastic, but Ed had a good chance of dying in that fight which grabbed my attention more.

Yeah, I've been watching FMA Brotherhood and Mushishi. Liking both so far.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2009, 08:49:45 PM »

Code:

Code:
You know, if I recall correctly, I felt more tension during Ed and Greed's fight then I did with Greed and Wrath. It was still fantastic, but Ed had a good chance of dying in that fight which grabbed my attention more.

Yeah, I've been watching FMA Brotherhood and Mushishi. Liking both so far.

About that spoiler:

Code:
The thing is that the original version of Ed vs. Greed was largely lifted from the manga version but in a different setting and without the battles that followed thanks to them fighting it out in that magic circle. That said, compared to the new Ed vs. Greed (which they kinda skimmed over somewhat) the old one was visually impressive. Of course the next five or so episodes are going get even better.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: