Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 12:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338728 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 297843 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: July 21, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »

Finally finished Gundam 00 S2. I'd say I prefer S1 because the last half became as ridiculous as Code Geass R2, but still a lot of fun to watch. Almost as DBZ-y as G Gundam.

I'm halfway through Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's much easier to watch whenever you want than at 1 a.m. on [adult swim].

After this, I'll probably scale back on the amount of anime I'm watching for a while.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: July 27, 2009, 08:10:45 PM »

Just watched a bit of both Bakemonogatari and Needless. The former is pretty good but damn is it hard to find good subs for. The later...uhn...it's kinda like...uhn...A Lame Shonen I guess...
Code:
plus an ending that will get you arrested if shown in public (I mean WTFH did I just watch 0.o).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: August 01, 2009, 01:20:53 AM »

Watched episodes 1-5 of Darker Than Black. Like it so far, but I felt a little lost with all the terms they were throwing around, wished they woulda explained a few things a bit more clearly. Or maybe I was just tired. Still, it's definitely a show I'll watch all the way thru.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: August 02, 2009, 03:41:36 AM »

My friends and I watched the first 17 episodes of Hajime no Ippo over the course of the past week or so, and it is, hands-down, easily one of the best anime I've ever seen; I can NOT wait to watch more.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: August 02, 2009, 07:57:27 AM »

Finished Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and enjoyed it. Started Claymore and it seems like the modern day Berserk.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: August 04, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »

It's Berserk with girls!

Teresa was really cool, too.

Anyways last anime I finished was Soul Eater. Loved it, despite a lackluster ending.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »

Last episode of Claymore sucked. It felt like a copout. No wonder reviewers say pretend the last two episodes don't exist. I'll eventually read the manga...if it ever finishes. I hate following weekly series, I'd be four times as pissed following a monthly series.

Anyways, started Girl's High. It's pretty funny, though a girl would probably enjoy the jokes more. Since summer is almost over, I'll probably be back to finishing an anime through Netflix once a month again.
Zetsuei
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: August 12, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »

The Claymore manga is awesomely awesome, but it really is slow.

So, earlier I watched the last few eps of Amaenaideyo. It was okay. Not good, but watchable and lots of gratuitous fanservice, And Chihiro Suzuki. I oly noticed him in TotA, but he's done quite a bit of animes and games.
I liked the ending though. No BS or cop out because the manga isn't done yet, resulting in nothing but tears and broken screens, but a clear cut.
Seriously, if it ain't done yet why try to hide it?
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: August 12, 2009, 10:11:50 PM »

I heard the Nana anime just ended, no conclusion or anything. (Though I also read the series will be finished when the manga is done.)

Because Netflix is stupid, they sent me two DVDs of Kamichu. The first two episodes had me saying "what the fuck is this shit?!" but not in a way that turns me off from the series. It's just fucked up.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: August 13, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »

Just finished watching episode 19 of FMAB and I've got to say that this episode alone justifies the existence of this version.

Welcome to my barbecue indeed.

Code:
Too bad the lack of Envy puts a damper on what was otherwise a fantastic episode. ):

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: August 15, 2009, 07:54:04 PM »

Finished Darker Than Black. Show got great halfway through.
Code:
Alot of questions I had plot-wise were cleared up satisfactorily, and besides November 11 biting the dust (Nooo!!!) I loved the ending. And I thought the last ep was a nice lighthearted way to let ya see the team back together again. Season 2, please!

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: August 20, 2009, 06:12:37 AM »

Good to hear DtB is good, since it's on my list to watch (as well as season 2.)

Only four more episodes to go for Girl's High and I'm halfway through Kamichu. School has really slowed down my anime watching. :(

As for the Naruto manga, I haven't read it in two-three weeks. I'm like a masochist when it comes to that shit. Since I spent so much of my time catching up, I force myself to read the shittyness that it has become. Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or feel insulted when I read it.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: August 31, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »

Tried continuing Kamichu...but it sucks. Finished Girls' High and liked it, and got around to starting Eden of the East. If I had a day where I had a bunch of free time, I would marathon the show.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: September 01, 2009, 02:04:28 PM »

I only got to ep 5 of Eden of the East, just got really busy and I couldn't find a decent sub of ep 6. I think I'm gonna start the whole series over soon.

Speaking of crap subs, I started Bakemonogatari and stopped on the third episode for the same reason. To be fair though, I've heard Bakemonogatari has lots of cultural in-jokes and symbolism, basically a very Japanese show.

My manga readin':

Heard so much praise for Gantz and I finally decided to check it out. I'm on chapter 48. This is already one of my favorites. And its so frickin' insane.

Also on Skip Beat chapter 12 and re-reading Parasyte, ch. 7.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: September 01, 2009, 09:59:37 PM »

After FUNi licensed EotE, it took me a while to find the whole series, but I downloaded the whole series in one batch.

Yeah, Gantz gets better as it goes along, but I stopped around 240 because it went on hiatus and I never bothered to pick it back up.

---

Read the last few chapters of Naruto...man, this shit sucks.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: