Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338475 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 297147 times)
KGB13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:02 PM »

Just finished Soul Eater (SUB) and I gotta say that it was pretty good. I would just like a 2nd season just to have some questions answered. Now I'm going to finish up Gurren Lagann (DUB) and after that start Full Metal Alchemist (DUB). I'm also going to start another subbed series, I just don't know which one yet.

MyAnimeList
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:37 PM »

Five more episodes of Zeta Gundam to go. My god does everyone on the Not-White Base not named Bright or Char have Downs Syndrome or something? I would have a strong desire to see Fa and Katz get lazor decapitated or something, but that would likely involve having them pilot something which is the worst thing that they could be doing (and besides, Fa would likely eject out of one of the infinite number of Methees (or whatever its called) anyways). At this point even the kids/haro are slightly less obnoxious than either one of them. They even make Kammile (or however his name is spelled) seem competent despite falling for/shouting at every cyber newtype in his general vicinity.

Also FMA:B is still completely awesome and should be watched (I even have a few new scenes that I want to see animated to replace the ones that are getting animated now).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
KGB13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: April 16, 2010, 12:54:50 PM »

Now that I've finished Soul Eater (SUB) and Gurren Lagann (DUB) I've started 3 new anime, Full Metal Alchemist (DUB), When They Cry (DUB), and Pokemon Advanced (DUB). I always planned on watching FMA but never got around to it till now, When They Cry was on my "To Watch" list, and Pokemon Advanced was when I fell out of watching the show but now that I'm back to watching the anime and I'm already caught up on Pokemon DP I decided to watch it.

MyAnimeList
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: April 16, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »

I'm not as big into anime as I used to be... but I got reaally hooked on Haruhi Suzumiya when it first came out.
I was also part of the legion of people who were incredibly disappointed with the second season's Endless Eight arc.

However, it does fit nicely with the movie, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya!
What an aaaamazing film!!!  It was beautifully animated the whole way through.
The storyline gets incredibly deep and very involving.  And I loved the writing; being adapted from a novel, it sort of makes sense.  But Kyon is especially a fantastic narrator to take the viewer through the series, fulfilling a sort of bystander role.  But his clever...um, thoughts, I guess (when its just him in his head) are surprisingly a highlight of the show to me - he makes incredibly insightful remarks haha.

Basically it starts off with a Christmas celebration that Kyon is not at all excited for, but wakes up the next day and everything is "Normal".  As in, aliens, espers, and time-travellers don't exist and Haruhi doesn't even attend the school. Spoilers below...
Code:
Esentially, you learn that Yuki is sort of fed up with the amount of slack she takes, and wanted a sort of break.  She offers Kyon a normal life, and a decision to keep it, or get back the crazy life where the SOS Brigade exists

You sort of get the notion that the author probably digs the harem games; all he girls seem to crush on Kyon a little bit.  Goddamn Japanese making the most unlikeable putz being chased by (usually) gorgeous voluptuous anime chicks.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: April 17, 2010, 12:37:32 AM »

To be fair Kyon is by leagues superior to even good Harem Protagonists. Namely by being fairly intelligent and cynical of his predicament of having to keep a leash on an all powerful being (and the rest of the present company doesn't help much either). Whereas, your average Harem Protagonist's intellect can't even be compared to a sack of shit as that would be a grievous insult to the sack of shit.

That aside, finished Zeta Gundam today. Was worried by the lack of character deaths for a bit near the end but the last two episodes reassured me that I was indeed watching a Kill 'em all Tomino directed series. Best part was
Code:
watching Katz getting the death he deserved (plot armor can't save you against an enemy ace, especially if all you're bringing to a mech fight is a lousy core fighter and you forget to pay attention to that asteroid in front of you) and Emma's face upon his death. Katzuuu!!! indeed.

Ironically the Methuss, and Fa by proxy, were the only mech to survive unscathed in the end despite getting completely blown up more times than any other mech in the show (the Zeta too for the most part, but the pilot on the other hand...).

Final verdict; Zeta is alright with the occasional flash of brilliance but not nearly the show many make it out to be (and if this is the best Gundam series then it would behoove me to leave it at that and not bother with the other series, though Turn A and G Gundam sound different enough to warrant a look, but that's for another time).

Of course this could be the result of Sunrise botching up the editing for the US release or something because there were scenes that definitely felt out of order like Haman suddenly teleporting from the middle of the final showdown to reassuring Minerva that she'll survive with all her power and back again.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: April 17, 2010, 02:02:43 AM »

To be fair Kyon is by leagues superior to even good Harem Protagonists. Namely by being fairly intelligent and cynical of his predicament of having to keep a leash on an all powerful being (and the rest of the present company doesn't help much either). Whereas, your average Harem Protagonist's intellect can't even be compared to a sack of shit as that would be a grievous insult to the sack of shit.

I think I found him!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2QjsLtjp8
x100.  This seems to be the framework for like...all harems.
...Oh, except for School Days haha.  YouTube that for some good times.

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: April 18, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »

I think I found him!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-2QjsLtjp8
x100.  This seems to be the framework for like...all harems.
...Oh, except for School Days haha.  YouTube that for some good times.

That anime was just a pain to watch after episode 13-14. Wasn't negima something like that too? Only with even younger girls?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
KGB13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: April 22, 2010, 03:36:45 AM »

I'm currently on episode 11 of FMA (DUB), When They Cry (DUB), and Pokemon Advance (DUB). I'm enjoying all 3 and have no plans on dropping any of them.

I also watched episode 621 of Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles (DUB).

MyAnimeList
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: April 22, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »

Burned through the eleven *awesome* episodes of Eden of the East. 

I love this show; the opening and ending are beautifully done as well (odd hearing an Oasis song in the opening!)

The premise is really interesting, and the characters are nothing short of fascinating.  For a serious show, they like throwing in comic-book humour; but otherwise the characters avoid being complete stereotype...thank christ.

I really recommend it!!

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: April 24, 2010, 08:27:45 AM »

I've had Eden of the East in my HD for a year now. I'll watch it this summer though.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing the hype around Evangelion. 10 episodes through so far.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: April 24, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »

I've had Eden of the East in my HD for a year now. I'll watch it this summer though.

Aside from that, I'm not seeing the hype around Evangelion. 10 episodes through so far.

You had to be there for it. Much like Aerith's death scene when it first came out, and before you realized just how retarded her death really was in comparison to most of the crap that you had to deal with to get there like being shot by grunts, or a Giant Snake nuking the hell out of your party, or taking a Hell House's missile spam to the face. And that's not even considering the whole Fenix Down angle.

Other than that Eva was basically a deconstruction of the Super Robot genre, subverting and parodying many of the then trademarks of the genre.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: April 27, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »

Ya, anime has gone so far past Eva at this point that a lot of it probably isn't worth watching, hopefully all those new theatrical releases will spruce things up a bit.

I've been in ultra lazy anime mode for the past year or so, just watching Naruto and Bleach since I started watching fansubs of the two when they first started so they're just part of my life now, at least at this point both are actually doing something so that's fun.

Also me and one of my roommates went through almost all of Pokemon and we're getting through Digimon now too and realizing what a better show Digimon was. We also gave up a bit on the persona anime, not permenantly but way too non-sensical to watch just before bed.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: May 14, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »

Finished Eva. Far from impressed.
KGB13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »

I just finished When They Cry (DUB) and it was great. I plan on watching the sequel at some point soon because there were a lot of questions unanswered and I've read that the sequel answers some of those. Now I'm back to watching Bleach (DUB), Naruto Shippuden (SUB), and FMA (DUB).

MyAnimeList
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #794 on: May 15, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »

Recently started watching Bakemonogatari. Very strange, but it's the kind of thing I like!

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: