Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334781 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 288007 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: December 23, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »

Been watching Ouran High School Host Club, and yes it's goofy and over the top, but it's hilarious!  And it's got Vic Mignogna, Junpei from P3's VA, need I say more?

Now you're tempting me.

I finished off Martian Successor Nadesico a few days ago, now I've moved on to Cowboy Bebop, which I'm up to episode 8 on. Good show, but hard to watch multiple episodes in a single day.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: December 24, 2010, 02:42:41 AM »

Im trying to catch up on my Berserk manga but its still impossible for me with work and plenty of games to play.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: December 30, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

I started watching Hell Girl and it reminds me so much of Persona 3 and 4 with the dark hour. Basically at midnight, you type into a computer who you want vengeance  on.  It always comes with a price though.  Anyway, it's kinda depressing at times and the episodes always leave you with this intense feeling of a mixture of sorrow and relief - can't really explain it.  It's not the best anime I've seen, but it really makes me think.  I'm really interested to see if I find out more about the Hell Girl, I have a feeling she doesn't like her job so much.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »

I'm finally getting through some OVAs I had on the backburner. Now I only have Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, FLCL, and Project Blue Planet SOS(Ugh...) left to watch, though I may take a break after Megazone 23. If I do I might squeeze in Plastic Little next time...if I ever find it Got it order for $5. :)

OVAs:

Gunbuster
Dream Hunter REM
Genmu Senki Leda
MD Geist
Legend of Lemnear
Dragon Century
Megazone 23
Fight!! Iczer One

Annnnd We're done! Now to get a start on my next OVA Marathon!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:42:37 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »

Reading m*****fucking Homestuck.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: January 16, 2011, 01:25:46 PM »

Reading m*****fucking Homestuck.

Is that a real Manga? Or the name of somekind of group or something?

Just finished rewatching Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, and I must say it's one helluva show. Sure, the story's a bit fantastical and preachy for a Gundam show, and the characters are...insane, and it misses a LOT of small, and occasionally big, details it's still very enjoyable to watch, especially for the action sequences, and the story was mostly compelling throughout.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: January 16, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »

You might want to check out Gundam X and Gundam 00 if you haven't yet.  They are pretty similar to Gundam Wing. 
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: January 16, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »

You might want to check out Gundam X and Gundam 00 if you haven't yet.  They are pretty similar to Gundam Wing. 

Gundam 00 - Already watched it and love it. Even rewatched a few episodes not too long ago. Still, glad to know someone else enjoyed it.

Gundam X is up next, but it may be a while before I get to it. I watched all 49 episodes of Gundam Wing in 5 days. I need a break, man.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37:58 AM »

Been watching Ouran High School Host Club, and yes it's goofy and over the top, but it's hilarious!  And it's got Vic Mignogna, Junpei from P3's VA, need I say more?

I started watching this over Thanksgiving because I was bored and heard it mentioned a couple of times from friends. It was a great guilty pleasure series, but I only watched the first half of the first season or so. K-ON! falls into the same boat for me - cutesy guilty pleasure anime fun.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: January 25, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »

Watching Welcome to the N-H-K, I recommend this one fully. I'm only half way through it, but it's comical and actually realistic in this odd way.  I can't explain it, but this ranks of one of my top favs so far. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #880 on: January 26, 2011, 02:39:14 AM »

I started watching this over Thanksgiving because I was bored and heard it mentioned a couple of times from friends. It was a great guilty pleasure series, but I only watched the first half of the first season or so. K-ON! falls into the same boat for me - cutesy guilty pleasure anime fun.

But at least the characters in Ouran have personality? :P Sorry, I'm a K-ON hater.

Haven't really watched any anime recently, but I did finish Bakemonogatari the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: January 26, 2011, 06:30:21 AM »

I did finish Bakemonogatari the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Then I highly recommend Katanagatari.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #882 on: January 26, 2011, 06:32:27 AM »

Oh really? I've never heard of it, but I just looked it up and doesn't really seem all that similar.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »

Haven't really watched any anime recently, but I did finish Bakemonogatari the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I should continue with that one someday. I felt it was too weird at first, but who knows, it might get better.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:14 PM »

Watching Welcome to the N-H-K, I recommend this one fully. I'm only half way through it, but it's comical and actually realistic in this odd way.  I can't explain it, but this ranks of one of my top favs so far. 
If you like the anime,  you might want to check out the manga. It goes way more in dept with the characters then the anime. Fair warning though, alot of the chapters are really depressing. The anime is way lighter in feel then the manga.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: