Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334699 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 287148 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: March 28, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »

I watched the first 4 episodes of Monster last night. I really like it, and it will be fun to read Black Jack alongside this and see where Urasawa took some of his ideas from.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: March 29, 2011, 02:16:05 AM »

I watched Code Geass R2 for the third time this weekend. I shed tears at the ending for the third time.

How could anybody take CG seriously by that point? Lulu loses his main motivation because his momma had to be an even bigger Machiavellian Bastard than he was, it was becoming harder and harder to root for the Black Knigh-I mean Chin-sorry Brittan-Lulu, Jesus Suzaku, and ORANGE!!!, the same could be said with the aces and their mechs like Kallen and her flying Gurr-I mean that China Guy and his-Yaoi Boy and-ORANG-Suzaku and his amazing techicolor dreammachine, nevermind the 20th generation Knightmare Frame mech thingies rolling around by that point. Good God, having CG and VOTOMs in the same SRW is going to be fucking hilarious (too bad it's only season 1 CG because all the upgrade shenanigans are in season 2). The same could be said for 00Gundam as well (it got ridiculous with its upgrades during it's season 2 too).

Wait. What was I talking about again?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: March 29, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »

When I think Geass I the first thing that pops into my mind is Suzaku and Kallen having their fight and they're giving their 'Order is absolute!' 'Viva la Revolucion!' chaos vs law speeches that they set up earlier in the series. And it didn't make any fucking sense. They both switched sides in a earlier M. Night Tweest of the week.

The trainwreck writing near the end was entertaining, but it certainly made it impossible to take the show seriously.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »

SUZAKU!
LELOUCH!
SUZAKU!
LELOUCH!
SUZAKU!
LELOUCH!
SUZAKU!
LELOUCH!
SUZAKU!
LELOUCH!
imagine that as a 10 minute video like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzzYINmiGFk
That happens to me each time I think of Code Geass.
and/or hear Yuri Lowenthal or Johnny Yong Bosch

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: March 29, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »

I have no idea what Aeolus or Raze tried to say.
At least insertnamehere made sense.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »

Amazing how many a good anime fuck up their second season.  Like, a lot of them...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: March 30, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »

Some manage to fuck up at the 3rd season... like Nanoha Strikers.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: March 30, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »

*spoiler warning for Geass R2*

Code Geass R2 is not nearly as good as season 1 but it still has some very cool parts.  It's just so unnecessarily confusing compared to season 1.  I can't count the number of times I was like "huh what?" at something going on and never getting any resolution.  Like when chigusawa (the dark skinned chick?) and the ninja maid and that curly hair rebel guy were in the forest and she's like "I'll kill you!" and im like what is going on here?!!!!!!!!!!  Speaking of the ninja maid....how stupid a plot device is it to have her be able to disguise herself as lelouch perfectly?  it's hard to be lamer than that.  Also a certain character death was incredibly pointless and added needless drama when we already had something similar happen but done much better in season 1.  yeah.   
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: March 31, 2011, 01:02:59 AM »

The thing with Code Geass R2 is that it ends on a very good note. Hence you pretty much forget the sucky start and only remember the awesomeness that was the end. Also, the show does feature some very nice animation which people tend to not give it credit for. I mean, a whole anime with mecha fighting and not a single re-used scene? THAT's effort. The only weird thing is the body dimensions, but CLAMP did the character design and that's what they do.

First half: 7/10
Second half 8/10
Last 2 episodes 10/10
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: March 31, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »

The animation is excellent but it only really serves to make the series shortcomings sting all the more.

What I was saying earlier is that it's basically Lulu's back, Kallen gets her midseason upgrade, and the Black Knights take Japan in hilariously theatrical fashion. Then the China arc. Then a bunch of stuff happens all at once, then a bunch more stuff happens all at once while the stuff happening all at once is still happening all at once, then a bunch o-Wait! What the FUCK!!! LULU'S MOM IS WHAT!!!!!, then a bunch of stuff happens all at once but none of that matters any more because "IRIS! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!!!", and then it's Lulu and Susaku being BFF for each other and everybody and their brother is out for their heads except ORANGE!!! for some fucking reason. Lulu wins through some "No! It is I who is behind you!" shenanigans (or did he!?!) and then sacrifices himself to end all wars forever while Susaku becomes Zorro to ride off into the sunset forever.

Some manage to fuck up at the 3rd season... like Nanoha Strikers.

To be fair that was more of too many new characters than anything else.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: March 31, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »

Code:
Orange was loyal to Marianne, when she died he created the purist faction since most people thought she was killed by non-brittanian (cover story). He saw zero as an enemy because he was Japanese for that reason. Of course that changed when he learned Zero was Lelouch since that means he's Marianne's son and thus he should be loyal to him instead of gutting him.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: March 31, 2011, 12:18:28 PM »

then a bunch of stuff happens all at once but none of that matters any more because "IRIS! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!!!",

lol....

and yeah I agree with Annubis it gets better in the 2nd half or so of season 2. 
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »

I don't have any interest in finishing the show.  What is the big spoiler about his mom?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: April 01, 2011, 06:09:56 AM »

So I just watched the final episode of Fractale...

(_)

Code:
'God' was a 16 year old girl whose mind broke at 10 when she was raped by her father.

Guess how they recreated 'God'...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:16:11 AM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: April 01, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »

Wasn't too surprised that Fractale was mediocre at best. It wasn't even a contest. Madoka Magica really was, by far and away by a country mile at the very least, the best thing to come from the Winter season.

I don't have any interest in finishing the show.  What is the big spoiler about his mom?

Code:
She's not quite dead, and is in fact a Geass user and the very engineer of her own death (her's is possession which activates only at the time of death to whomever is looking at her at the time). She's also been right along side the Emperor the whole time in his ambition to kill and become god. Everything that Lulu was trying to do up until that point was for naught. The tl;dr is that Lulu's Mom is the biggest dick of them all.

Also Lulu then promptly Geass's god and has both of his now immortal parents tossed into the abyss for all eternity.

And yes, it does get better after this, but only because the series just hit rock bottom and has nowhere else to go but up. Nothing could top that "WHAT THE FUCKING CHRIST!?!" moment and doesn't even try because it doesn't matter anymore as you're either completely checked out or completely wasted at this point.

Code:
Orange was loyal to Marianne, when she died he created the purist faction since most people thought she was killed by non-brittanian (cover story). He saw zero as an enemy because he was Japanese for that reason. Of course that changed when he learned Zero was Lelouch since that means he's Marianne's son and thus he should be loyal to him instead of gutting him.

I am well aware of this. I just found it funny that the first victim of Zero's Magnificent Bastardry and series butt monkey would turn out to be the only one to stand beside Lulu and his BFF/LP Susaku during the finale (moreso considering the fact that he led to Lulu's Girlfirend's death). And he's just as completely devoted to serving Lulu as he was to killing Zero.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: