Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 196 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 273943 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: April 01, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »

Wasn't too surprised that Fractale was mediocre at best. It wasn't even a contest. Madoka Magica really was, by far and away by a country mile at the very least, the best thing to come from the Winter season.

I don't have any interest in finishing the show.  What is the big spoiler about his mom?

Code:
She's not quite dead, and is in fact a Geass user and the very engineer of her own death (her's is possession which activates only at the time of death to whomever is looking at her at the time). She's also been right along side the Emperor the whole time in his ambition to kill and become god. Everything that Lulu was trying to do up until that point was for naught. The tl;dr is that Lulu's Mom is the biggest dick of them all.

Also Lulu then promptly Geass's god and has both of his now immortal parents tossed into the abyss for all eternity.

And yes, it does get better after this, but only because the series just hit rock bottom and has nowhere else to go but up. Nothing could top that "WHAT THE FUCKING CHRIST!?!" moment and doesn't even try because it doesn't matter anymore as you're either completely checked out or completely wasted at this point.

Code:
I'm confused by the one statement, "promptly Geass's god and has both of his new immortal parents tossed into the abyss for all eternity." 
He became Geass's God? or asked? How did he send them into an abyss?  Just curious so I don't have to watch the episodes to satisfy my curiosity :p

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: April 01, 2011, 06:12:42 PM »

Using a quote box + black text so that it doesn't look awful when you read the big chunk of text.

Ok, humanity in code geass are entities with consciousness separated out of the global consciousness. Charles wanted to slay god because he could then return humanity into a single consciousness and thus end most of the world's problems since we'd be only one entity (war, greed, lies).
For that he needed 2 things, the weapon to slay god, which he build (Sword of Akasha) and he needed a code.
To have a code, one must take it from another person who has the code. To inherit the code, you also need to be a geass user who maxed his geass.
Why did he need a code? Because to go and slay god, he needed to go to the world of the global consciousness (the world of C) which can only be accessed by code wielders or if sent there by someone who has the code. VV who is Charles' brother gave him his code.

VV was jealous of Charles because he also loved Marianne. Under the self delusion that Marianne was distracting Charles, he murdered her. Marianne was also a geass wielder (since VV can give geass to anyone he wants to technically). Her geass was to transfer herself into someone else's body. When she was murdered, a young girl was at her mansion for etiquette lessons, so she transferred to the little girl and stayed alive that way. VV never knew this, but Charles did.

Now, for the above plan, the more codes they had, the better. So in the original plan, Marianne was to receive CC's code. CC agreed to this because her wish is to get rid of her code and not be immortal anymore (thus be able to finally die).

At the big confrontation, Lelouch and Suzaku deny the new world Charles wants to create since they believe individuality is important. Lelouch gathers CC support by telling her he will take her code eventually and let her die « while smiling ».
Now, Lelouch was against his father who had a code, and thus was immortal. Thus he defeated him by using his (just happened to hit max level right at that moment) geass to order god to recall Charles and Marianne into the global consciousness only... and that's what happened.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:47 PM »

I just found the complete DVD collection of Azumanga Daiho for $20 used at Newbury Comics. Score! I looked prices online and it was going for $40. I had no choice but to buy it.

Can anyone tell me about Welcome To The N.H.K? I thought about buying the collection tonight, but I didn't know much about it. It sounds like a good anime.

"Oh, a hunter..."
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »

I've only read the manga.  My brother tells me the anime is very good though.

It's mostly psychological/comedy/depressing.  Kinda dark humor I guess.  It's depressing but its not constant there's still some hope and stuff, its kinda up and down in that way.  

I think Thoren on this site has an avatar from it
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:29:05 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: April 02, 2011, 09:53:41 PM »

Caught up to One Piece. I'm watching the latest episodes too. I'm thinking about watching the 450 episodes I skipped.

Started Hunter x Hunter anime. Won't touch the manga, since it won't end for another 30 years.

Started Beezelbub, both anime and manga. Love it.

Watched an ep each of Bakuman and Durarara.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: April 02, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »

Started Hunter x Hunter anime. Won't touch the manga, since it won't end for another 30 years.

What happened with Togashi now?
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: April 02, 2011, 11:43:03 PM »

The biggest turn off to me about things like Naruto and One Piece is how fucking long they are. I read/owned the first five One Piece mangas and loved them, but that's way too much money to invest in one series.

I finished volume 12 of 20th Century Boys. Par for course.

I re-watched Monster with my girlfriend and now she is hooked. We are on episode 9. I really, really, like how Urasawa sets up his plots.

I read Solanin. I wanted to see what more adult-themed manga was like. Not bad. It does do a good job detailing the first few months out of college, living on your own, working a job, etc.

I picked up Akira volumes 1 and 2, Oishinbo a la Carte, and Black Jack 2-3 today from the BPL. The best part? They aren't charging late fees for the entire month of April, which means I can take my sweet time reading this stuff.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: April 03, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »

Length has been a thing that's kept me from a few manga.  I loved One Piece, till I heard they were on the 30th volume, and my finances and book shelf space wouldn't have it.

I don't think any story really needs to be that long either, and not without a considerable amount of side-tracking and filler.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: April 03, 2011, 01:36:27 AM »

just finished watching pumpkin scissors. Alice was totally badass we need more characters like her. though i'm wondering if there's a manga that continues the story.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 01:59:24 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: April 03, 2011, 10:10:18 AM »

Length has been a thing that's kept me from a few manga.  I loved One Piece, till I heard they were on the 30th volume, and my finances and book shelf space wouldn't have it.

I don't think any story really needs to be that long either, and not without a considerable amount of side-tracking and filler.

Length/never-ending continuity is the single biggest problem facing the comic book market, I think. I love the medium (manga and comics), but I also like stories that end.

Right now, I'm not really buying anything, since everything I want I've been able to find at the library.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: April 03, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

One Piece doesn't have filler in the manga. The last couple of arcs were pretty fast and got to the point. Chapter 600 started part 2 of the story, but I don't know if that means 300 more chapters, 600 more, or 900 more. Don't care though, as I read everything online.

Hunter x Hunter has been on hiatus for 10 months. I saw someone on anotehr forum calling it Hiatus x Hiatus. HxH should have more chapters than Naruto but less than One Piece, but it only has 300 chapters.

Naruto, you guys aren't really missing out on anything. I've been reading it for the past few years to see where this trainwreck is heading. I'll start reading Bleach in the future to see where that trainwreck went, because it should have ended at the Soul Society arc.

Started Tiger & Bunny and Cross Game. Both are good so far.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: April 03, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »

I hated when the Trigun series got a reprint awhile back because in 2001 or so, I bought that big size collection boxset at Saturday Movie Matinée for about $130!!!!  I guess they were more expensive back then or I got ripped off like crazy.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: April 03, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »

One of the main reasons I stopped reading/watching Naruto was because it just kept going and going. I couldn't take it anymore. Mostly, it probably had to do it with it being so popular that they made the author keep going. If that's the case, he most likely didn't have an idea to where the story was going to go so he had to wing it.

This is why I like series like Monster, Death Note and other short series. That's not to say that Naruto and Bleach didn't have their ups, they definitely did, but they should have ended a long time ago.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: April 03, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

One of the main reasons I stopped reading/watching Naruto was because it just kept going and going. I couldn't take it anymore. Mostly, it probably had to do it with it being so popular that they made the author keep going. If that's the case, he most likely didn't have an idea to where the story was going to go so he had to wing it.

This is why I like series like Monster, Death Note and other short series. That's not to say that Naruto and Bleach didn't have their ups, they definitely did, but they should have ended a long time ago.

I wonder how much money is in it for an author of a manga.  Maybe they keep the length up to pay for the mortgage??

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: April 03, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »

Nope, just like the music industry here, the actual author makes nearly nothing. Worst, they don't get money for concert or publicity.
That's why you've never really heard of a stinking rich manga artist.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 196 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: