Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 285670 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:05 PM »

I'm trying to figure out what to watch next. Maybe Macross? I don't know, but it should be something in Hulu, since I ain't spending shit.

Are you trying to say that you're going to watch some Robotech next?

And speaking of Hulu, I should probably get back to watching Slayers: Next. I started it about a year ago, but I haven't had the motivation to pick it back up since.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:51 AM »

I tried to watch Madoka Magica, but couldn't get into it.

Oh well, it's June again, and that means more Gundam. I think I'll start with Gundam SEED Destiny, then Stargazer, Then Gundam X, and I'll choose the last two when I get to them.

Try and stick to it until episode 7. Your opinion may change a lot then.
The start is gruesomely slow.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:01 AM »

Actually, I'm torn between The Tatami Galaxy and Now and then Here and There. Both are short I'll end up watching both, but I don't know if I want some heavy war drama or a romance show infused with quantum physics.

Edit: Holy shit, NYPL has like, every Gundam series ever. On the hold shelf.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:50:57 PM by Vanguard » Logged

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: June 03, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »

Oh my gawd, they do! I wish I could go there!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: June 04, 2011, 07:52:31 PM »

I finally watched Paprika. And I watched it with my wife, who LOVED it. Which was a huge surprise, because she's pretty ... well, let's just say the moment she sees a nipple in film (real or animated), she objects.

Makes me wish I still had Perfect Blue. I wonder how she'd react. Maybe that'll come out on Bluray.

In any case, Perfect Blue and Paprika are the only Satoshi Kon (RIP) films I've seen. I watched an interview on the Paprika bluray with Kon, two seiyuu (Hayashibara, woot!) and the author of the Paprika book. Turns out Kon and the book author are the seiyuu for the bartender/waiter. So awesome.

But now I have to see Millennium Actress, and maybe Tokyo Godfathers. And hopefully the posthumouslycompleted "Dreaming Machine" will be good (I assume that's like "Dreaming Kids," the fantasy film at the end of Paprika, but with robots).

Anyone else watch Paprika? Anyone else want to talk about Kon-san goodness with me?

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: June 05, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »

First just wanna say that I agree, Paprika was definately a cut above alot of stuff I've seen in the not so distant past....

As for moment I'm watching the latest Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood installment and Mushishi.... Both I am thoroughly enjoying which surprises me big time with Brotherhood... I never watched Full Metal because its just not typical of what I like (I tend to be into more thought provoking stuff... or at least a bit mroe mature and intelligent than FM appeared to be) but shockingly enough Brotherhood has proven really refreshing for me.

Also I just watched The Last Exile which was really cool. Totally worth picking up in my book.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: June 06, 2011, 01:00:14 AM »

Anyone else watch Paprika? Anyone else want to talk about Kon-san goodness with me?

My biggest regret in life is selling my Paranoia Agent collection. Seriously, I still own shit like Gundam Wing, why couldn't I have gotten rid of that?

I will definitely have to check out his other stuff.

I watched the first two episodes of FLCL, because I've never seen it before. So far so good.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: June 06, 2011, 01:45:31 AM »

My biggest regret in life is selling my Paranoia Agent collection. Seriously, I still own shit like Gundam Wing, why couldn't I have gotten rid of that?

I will definitely have to check out his other stuff.

I watched the first two episodes of FLCL, because I've never seen it before. So far so good.

Crap, I loved Paranoia Agent. Wait Kon-San was behind it? Now I have to see his other stuff. Also, I hope you like FLCL, some of the best Six episodes I've seen IMHO.

And speaking of Gundam, I'm still watching Gundam SEED Destiny. I'm 10 episodes in, and so far so good. It's similarities to earlier Gundam shows, particularly Gundam SEED still get to me, but otherwise I'm enjoying it highly. I'm in love with the mech designs, and the character designs are appealing as well. The music still holds up to Gundam SEED's high standard. So far the story is enthralling, though they don't seem to be doing much characterize the new characters (bear with me, it's 1 in the morning) besides Shin, in which all they;re really doing is playing how his family died over and over again. I get that he was traumatized, but does the audience need to see the flashbacks so often, too? Gawd. Not to mention the guy's just annoying in general. Ugh, other than that, I'm enjoying it. Too bad it won't get much better than this.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:49:52 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: June 06, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »

I put Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers on hold at the library. I have to say, one of the biggest perks of living in the city is how well stocked our libraries are. Not only can I find most of the obscure French literature I want, but all these weird manga too. My newest find: most of Yoshihiro Tatsumi's English catalog at the Brooklyn public library.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: June 09, 2011, 02:43:19 PM »

I realized yesterday that Naruto was 16 chapters (about 2 volumes) away from equaling Inuyasha in length. That's quite a feat.

Naruto ~ 57 volumes
1 - March 2000
542 - June 2011

Inuyasha - 56 volumes
1 - May 1997
558 - February 2009
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:37 PM »

Gundam SEED Destiny wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The first few episodes at least are very entertaining, and Shin's starting to grow on me (though I'm still hoping he gets beat up eventually). His immature attitude and needless references to other Gundam shows still annoy me, but other than that, I'm very glad to be watching it.

evilkaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: June 11, 2011, 03:47:17 AM »

what up guys I'm new. I've been watching this anime called {C} the money of soul and possibility. Yeah, it has a weird name but its surprisingly good.

I missed all the classic rpg's from back in the day. Not because I was too young, but because i was too stupid. I only played the "fun" games. The closest game to an RPG i played was pokemon. So now i have dedicated my life to finding and playing everything i missed out on. I got my work cut out for me.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: June 11, 2011, 08:42:28 PM »

I realized yesterday that Naruto was 16 chapters (about 2 volumes) away from equaling Inuyasha in length. That's quite a feat.

Naruto ~ 57 volumes
1 - March 2000
542 - June 2011

Inuyasha - 56 volumes
1 - May 1997
558 - February 2009

Yeah, noticed the other day how many volumes Naruto had at this point. I can't imagine 57 volumes of the same manga on one of my bookshelves. The thing is, I don't see it ending any time soon. I honestly didn't expect it to go on for so long. For me, it had it's peak, and I stopped somewhere in the middle of Shippuden and couldn't go on anymore.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Vanguard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: June 12, 2011, 04:31:10 PM »

I tore through Bakuman volume 3 yesterday. It's still hard for me not to compare this Death Note and not see the similar narrative architecture.

I Finished FLCL. What strange fun series. My immediate impressions are that it's about adolescence and puberty.

Just finished Tokyo Godfathers. A very good movie. Satoshi Kon knows how to write engaging stories with fascinating characters. I have Paprika on hold at the library and will probably get around to it this week.

Also, I started Akira volume 2. I'm starting to enjoy this series more.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: June 12, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »

I am watching Gurren Lagann at the moment and it surprisingly awesome.

Next up I ordered Gundam SEED Destiny,I saw too few of the episodes.

Finally I am finishing up Full Metal Panic The Second Raid.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: