Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319248 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 181 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 243462 times)
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »

I just finished up Elemental Gelade.... not so great.... the MC (Coo) is extremely annoying.... this is coming from a guy with a high tolerance to cliche' stuff, over-the-top-fan-service, predictable plots, bad voice acting and a number of other problems in light of some good anime-fantasy.... Coo almost ruined it for me... I say almost because I still dug it.. Though part of that may have been because I was fond of the Manga.....

I also just polished off "Another".... predictable yet fitting ending to a very entertaining and. at points, disturbing series... two thumbs up :) Totally check this out if you at all enjoy the macabre and gothic fare....

Currently watching My Hime' (nope, believe it or not, I NEVER saw it...) and Spice and Wolf (been meaning to watch it for nearly a year now, give or take)

On the Evangelion note..... I happen to love the series.... it is about depression, angst and psychological "issues" but is backed up with enough well paced action to pull in interest from alot of angles... not something you see done often or very well when it is attempted. I feel, however, like the series strengths act as a double edged sword of sorts.... That is many attracted to the series for particular reasons may very well be turned off by alot of the content. I mean, if I came along hoping for something purely psychological such as Serial Experiments Lain and I wasn't prepared for some serious mecha-combat..... I may be disgusted.... this however was not the case for me.... I loved every minute of the series and found its unique tone and at times dizzying and incoherent plot to actually work well. That, and Rei Ayaname is my freakin' hero. End of story. As for the religious stuff bothering people... well.... I'm bothered by the fact games sport guns and mindless human vs. human slaughter but I let it slide.... I just don't play those games.... I see no need to speak out against them though.... they are there and they are just not my flavor...

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: March 29, 2012, 08:51:35 PM »

Did you ever watch My Otome? That's like My Hime, but done better.

I'm looking at the spring 2012 anime season and it's kinda creepy how many B-grade manga are getting turned into animations next season. Some of those are even side stories of other things like the Rock Lee, Eureka and Saki ones. At least there's Fate Zero which is high production value.

Zetman should be good, but the fact that it's 13 episode makes me wonder.

Jormungand for some reason caught my attention. The synopsis reminds me of "The Arms Peddler".

If you want to check: http://static.neregate.com/2012/02/neregate.com-Spring-2012-Anime-v3.1.png
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: March 29, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »

Spice and Wolf (been meaning to watch it for nearly a year now, give or take)

^^^^^^ love it, love it, love it

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: March 30, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »

What the fu... Thomas the Tank Engine? Why? :|

Ugh. Well uhm, I guess I'll just watch Fate/Zero and Nadia remastered since I never saw the original series.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: March 30, 2012, 02:10:32 AM »

...wait what? Granted it's been a long while since I have seen it; but I recall Otome being slightly lower caliber than Hime. It basically takes the cast, flanderizes them, and then slaps a less cohesive plot just to slide in a mildly higher level of fanservice compared to it's original.

If memory serves it was pretty much directed at a different audience as it just came off as goofy and lighthearted; a drastic alteration from the melodrama of the original (which I personally prefer).

Edit: Quick glance at TVTropes pretty much confirms my memory hasn't failed me yet. 'Lighter and Softer', 'Hotter and Sexier', and probably a scene that deducted major points in my book 'Naughty Tentacles'.

Currently been working my way through Kaleido Star. Once I finish the first season it'll be the first time I've seen Season 2 in English. I forgot how weird some of ADV's casting choices were; but a healthy dash of comedy and tear-jerking is just up my alley right now. Plus the whole 'future-magic circus' style is some great influence material for my work.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:12:39 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: March 30, 2012, 02:25:30 AM »

What the fu... Thomas the Tank Engine? Why? :|

Because HOT BLOODED ACTION!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:48 AM »

I would point out that 'Trainsformers' already is a full blown animation project done by the animator James Farr...but HIT Entertainment decided to have a piss fit and file take-down notices on Youtube; so I can't re-post the episodes. XP

Edit: Oh wait; I can. >.<; Thank you fans who rip the files while they can in case of emergency. XD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:40:26 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:43 AM »

...wait what? Granted it's been a long while since I have seen it; but I recall Otome being slightly lower caliber than Hime. It basically takes the cast, flanderizes them, and then slaps a less cohesive plot just to slide in a mildly higher level of fanservice compared to it's original.

If memory serves it was pretty much directed at a different audience as it just came off as goofy and lighthearted; a drastic alteration from the melodrama of the original (which I personally prefer).

Edit: Quick glance at TVTropes pretty much confirms my memory hasn't failed me yet. 'Lighter and Softer', 'Hotter and Sexier', and probably a scene that deducted major points in my book 'Naughty Tentacles'.

Agreed.  My Otome was...weird.  It felt like the My Hime characters were doing a play or something.  I didn't think My Hime was particularly great or anything, but I liked it a whole lot more than My Otome.

Spice and Wolf (been meaning to watch it for nearly a year now, give or take)

^^^^^^ love it, love it, love it

One of my all-time favorites.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: March 30, 2012, 05:06:11 AM »

Fortunately you need ask why no longer since that thing slipped into cancellation territory.

Additionally I'm also looking forward to Zetman (manga did by the same guy who did Tiger & Bunny, straighter take on the genre than T&B but if the adaption is solid then it'll definitely be worth following) along with new Lupin (looks like they're taking a couple pages out of the manga rather than the older animes up to and including giving Lupin the green jacket) and maybe E7:AO (doubt it but hey, I've been pleasantly surprised before).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »

Fortunately you need ask why no longer since that thing slipped into cancellation territory.

Yeah? That's, good I guess. Not that I care about Thomas the Tank Engine anyway.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: March 30, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »

I'm not saying that My Otome is much better than My Hime, but I found it a lot more entertaining. My Hime just stuck too much on the 'boohoohoo sacrifice' thing which really gets old. At least you have some humour in the Otome one to make the thing watchable between fights or dramatic moments.

Yeah? That's, good I guess. Not that I care about Thomas the Tank Engine anyway.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:08:27 AM by Annubis » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: April 02, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

Caught up to most recent Gundam AGE (25). After first generation the show's going off on its own tangent, really I think they should've just skipped the first 15 episodes and just jumped right into the second generation, because they spend more than enough time explaining past roles of any returning characters.

At least when they do that though, whoever is writing/directing it doesn't have that obnoxious style that Gundam SEED had, where events from the episode just before have to be replayed 5-6 times. The show is still just okay, though

Code:
any time Desil shows up and gets his ass handed to him by Flit

has never failed to entertain me the last few episodes.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: April 02, 2012, 11:09:48 PM »

About five episodes into Future Boy Conan, interesting so far, it's cute but also has a serious side...so far...

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: April 05, 2012, 05:54:19 PM »

I just finished the first season of Spice and Wolf.... wow.... I totally concur with the generally opinion around here.... freakin' awesome....

Unfortunately, Hime' has been on hold for spice and wold and will continue to be as I venture on to season 2.... Sorry hime' a certain wolf and merchant DEMAND my attention at this point...

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »

Finally got to New Generation in Robotech. My favourite.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 181 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: