Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331747 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 198 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 278120 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: May 10, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »

A Contact isn't the best way to experience Ideon, IMO.

No it isn't, I don't understand most of what is happening. However there's one thing it took me a while notice, the squirrel in the space suit... for a story that is suppose to be taking seriously stuff like this really makes you forget about all the bloodshed and drama.

Is a squirrel in a space suit for crying out loud. A squirrel!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:05:57 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: May 10, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »

Tomino always puts some of the weirdest things in his shows.

Personally, as far as mecha shows go I'm a big fan of Ryousuke Takahashi's work (Votoms, Dougram, Gasaraki, Blue Gender, Layzner etc).
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: May 10, 2012, 06:56:37 PM »

Personally, as far as mecha shows go I'm a big fan of Ryousuke Takahashi's work (Votoms, Dougram, Gasaraki, Blue Gender, Layzner etc).

I like his older works, but his newer ones like Gasaraki I just couldn't get into. Except for GaoGaiGar, of course (really odd to find out he worked on it)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1458 on: May 10, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »

Alright The Ideon: Be Invoked is over. Dunno what to think about this, really liked some of the music and parts of the animation but other than that it wasn't the greatest experience I thought it was going to be for how people reacted to it.

Maybe with time and after watching other anime series and movies I'll appreciate Ideon better though.

The scene when this kid called Ashura Novak gets decapitated by enemy fire was the best part of the entire film. Yeah that happens.

See?

Also, squirrel in a space suit.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 08:07:03 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:24 PM »

Finished Usagi Drop...and all I can say is awesome. Noein is next.

Everything's Eventual
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: May 11, 2012, 05:53:03 AM »

Alright The Ideon: Be Invoked is over. Dunno what to think about this, really liked some of the music and parts of the animation but other than that it wasn't the greatest experience I thought it was going to be for how people reacted to it.

Maybe with time and after watching other anime series and movies I'll appreciate Ideon better though.

The scene when this kid called Ashura Novak gets decapitated by enemy fire was the best part of the entire film. Yeah that happens.

See?

Also, squirrel in a space suit.

You forgot that explosive decapitation from the beginning of the movie. Watching the reflection of Kitty's head loft through the air off of Cosmo's helmet was goddamn golden (because the scene is followed by the opening credits and you know that the rest of this movie isn't going to end well).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: May 11, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »

You forgot that explosive decapitation from the beginning of the movie. Watching the reflection of Kitty's head loft through the air off of Cosmo's helmet was goddamn golden (because the scene is followed by the opening credits and you know that the rest of this movie isn't going to end well).

Every Death (& Easter Egg) from Ideon

Before I forgot all the death scenes, there's a video with all of them.

Also I'm in love with the "Cantata Orbis" theme. <3
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1462 on: May 14, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »

Started up Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas.  Heard it was decent and after watching a few different shows that I just couldn't get into, I wanted something actiony.  Not far at all, but enjoying it nonetheless.

Also watching Eureka Seven.  Watched about 4-5 episodes so far and I'm liking it. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: May 14, 2012, 07:49:39 PM »

Watching Kuroko's Basketball.  So far it's pretty good, although I wish the basketball was a little faster-paced.  Very faithful to the manga through the first six episodes.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

Gundam AGE 31.

Still mediocre.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1465 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »

Up to 120 in One Piece. Still awesome.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1466 on: May 15, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »

Saw Grave of the Fireflies, second movie I see from Studio Ghibli.

The only thing I can say is that I have never seen such good animation with a corpse in decomposition before... yeah. :|
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »

Watched Who's Left Behind a cpl days ago, really good movie but left me with mixed emotions at the end, and just finished King of Thorn a few mins ago, I liked it a lot, but I was a tad disappointed with the last bit leading up to the end.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: May 24, 2012, 11:04:33 PM »

Up to 120 in One Piece. Still awesome.

Now I'm up to 164. In less than 10 days (actually it's more like 7 since I've been without my computer for 3 days). Somebody stop me. =P

5 days later and I finally ran out of Dubbed episodes. Now to wait until August.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:20:04 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1469 on: June 05, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »

So apparently Cartoon Network did a thing and made Adult Swim's Saturday Night Anime block into Toonami. I would say they did this in the lowest amount of effort possible but they did add both Deadman Wonderland and Cashern Sins to the lineup and thus can be forgiven, but it's seriously weird watching these interspersed between 5 year old Toonami segways instead of the usual disgruntled AS cards secretly wishing they could do away with Anime all together.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 198 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: