Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330163 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 196 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 273851 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: June 23, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »

Speaking of Fantasy Anime... I decided to watch the first 3 eps of Queens Blade last night.... I don't understand the appeal of this one at all... typically I am sucker for fantasy anime but I found nothing appealing about this yet.... No cool characters, I don't like the art style and so far everyone is just a chick who gets naked... I am hoping the condition improves a few more eps in but seriously, I can't hold out much hope for a series that kicks off the first episode with a freakin' bunny demon that oozes acidic tit milk or whatever the hell that was.....

Stop watching it; it will never improve. Queen's Blade is girls wearing skimpy outfits getting naked... nothing else.
There is no fantasy or medieval... just tits and ass.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »

Yeah, I tried watching Queen's Blade. Outside of the occassional comic brilliance that's better left to the gifs anyways, it was just a really lame fanservice anime, with a meandering plot and lots of nudity. I actually went in expecting a comedy, but it played it straight most of the time. I kept watching expecting the writers to get bored and start doing more goofy stuff, but it never really got better even in that regard.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: June 23, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »

Freaking Ikkitousen is more entertaining than Queen's Blade. But both are shitty shows, though, I kinda enjoyed the manga of Ikkitousen the little I've read of it.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: June 23, 2012, 11:07:42 PM »

Irresponsible Captain Tylor...funny as hell, also watched Mai Mai Shinko To Sennen No Maho, cute flic, took me back to my days as a child when imagination ruled our playtime.

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on Queens blade.... you guys saved me a good hour or two of dissapointment tonite...

On the other hand I found ikkitousen to be really enjoyable for some reason... but I went into that one a pretty big fan of the battle vixens manga so I was relatively bias...

Well, while waiting for Fate/Stay I think tonite I'll check out The Familiar of Zero... I'm just not feeling any more Dream Eater Merry right now and Now and There is my daytime anime... yes I have anime viewing schedules set up for myself.... I also have game-playing schedules set up to juggle my various backlogs whilst acomadating new titles..... is this strange?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: July 01, 2012, 06:04:29 PM »

And summer season is starting -> http://static.neregate.com/2012/06/neregate.com-Summer-2012-Anime-v3.1.png

Dog Days season 2
That show is so cute I think season 1 gave me diabetus.

Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon II
Season 1 was a good watch, I imagine season 2 will be about the same. Judge.

Kokoro Connect
Going to, at the very least, watch one episode of this. The synopsis just sounds soooooooooooo creepy.

Yuru-Yuri♪♪
Where else could you see something like this:

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: July 01, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »

Only one I'm looking forward to is Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. But that's all I need~

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:21 PM »

That image reminds of Elfen Lied.

About the summer season, there are a few things that seem interesting. Moyashimon Returns looks like the most fun series from the list for what I can tell.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: July 02, 2012, 12:36:44 AM »

Just saw the first episode of Total Eclipse, and I must say, this is exactly what I need right now. Alternative histories, alien invasions, mecha action with lots of attention to detail, at least semi-mature drama. It's not perfect - felt a bit off at times with the setting, and the fanservice was kind of annoying, and know anybody's names yet, but all in all, it's off to great start. The next episode can't come soon enough!

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: July 03, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko...interesting so far...interesting

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: July 03, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »

Stuff I'm looking forward to this season:

Sword Art Online:  Probably my most anticipated show having read the novels, though I'm not completely sure how well it will translate to anime.  There's the potential to surpass the original work here since the original novel, while full of original ideas, was initially a completely amateur work (though it became popular enough on the internet that it was picked up for publication).  It definitely felt rushed because the author was trying to cram too much into a single volume.  But since then he has written many short stories and such that take place during the events of the first book and really flesh out the setting and characters a lot better.  It would be nice to actually see all these events in order in the anime.

By the way, I wish people would stop comparing SAO to .hack.  Yes there is the obvious similarity that they both take place in virtual reality MMORPGs, but other than that they don't have much in common.  Personally I couldn't stand .hack's brand of pseudo-mystical nonsense.  SAO is a much more grounded story that really focuses on the human element of how different people cope with being trapped in this death game.

Tari Tari: A slice of life show by the same people who did Hanasaku Iroha.  'Nuf said.

Campione: OK, seriously, I know this looks generic as heck, but having read a bit of the novels it's actually a lot better than it sounds.  Good characters and some sweet fights.  Should be fun, if not particularly deep.

Dog Days': 'Cause it's more Dog Days.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: July 03, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »

Been watching a lot of Trigun with my bro. It's been hilarious for most of the ride, but it's been getting more and more serious until it finally went super ultra serious in episode 12. It was such a dramatic shift in tone that I almost didn't like it. I suppose it should be refreshing after all the comedy, but I dunno, it just didn't feel right. Wonder how it's gonna be from here on out...

And running gag with the cat is starting to get on my nerves...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: July 04, 2012, 12:07:16 AM »

I'm kinda looking forward to Kokoro Connect.... but I'm worried they won't take their fun idea any further than boob jokes...

On an important/unrelated note: 3RD EVA movie due out THIS November.  WOW.  That was out of no where and quite soon for a flick.  Fucking yay. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:10:27 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: July 04, 2012, 01:26:32 AM »

@Mickeymac92: Do you know there's a movie of Trigun? Sadly I haven't seen it yet, but plenty of people has said that is pretty damn good.

On an important/unrelated note: 3RD EVA movie due out THIS November.  WOW.  That was out of no where and quite soon for a flick.  Fucking yay. :)

Oh Evangelion... I'm gonna be surprised if the rest of the movies don't end up raping the minds of the fans for when this is over with a crazy ending.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: July 04, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »

I watched the Trigun movie a few months back and didn't like it. I was quite saddened to find out that I'm old enough to think Vash is annoying as fuck.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:58:42 AM by Raze » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 196 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: