Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 191 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 262962 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1620 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »

I watched four episodes of Kuroko, then wrote an impossibly nerdy article trying to figure out who would win in a match between Shohoku and Seirin: blog post link.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1621 on: August 29, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »

Chihayafuru

I know you listed it, but I'll ask anyway - is this good?  It's on my to watch list as it seems interesting, but the premise didn't exactly sound mindblowing.

It's a really well-made show with a solid cast of characters.  It's about a pretty obscure subject matter, of course, but they find ways to make it interesting.  I didn't know anything about karuta going into it but still enjoyed it.  If I have a complaint about the show it's that the main heroine suffers a bit too much from obscure-pastime-is-actually-really-great syndrome.  She's a little too passionate about it, to the point where it's difficult to relate to.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1622 on: August 29, 2012, 07:34:51 PM »

I've been watching You're Being Summoned, Azazel-san lately. Entertaining comedy series, though, I can see that it can be pretty obnoxious show for some people given how everyone screams almost all the time but every episode is short (about 12 minutes) and to the point.

Feels refreshing seeing an anime that doesn't fuck around for once. :)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1623 on: August 29, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »

I just realized that all this time I've been confusing Shakugan no Shana for Higurashi. Shana actually looks interesting. And not horrifying. Might give it a shot someday.

I should also mention that I apparently had a mental block on Higurashi, since it took me approximately 4 hours to remember the title.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:23:42 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1624 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

Oh wow... I know this will sound like the ever eternal repeat but next season looks terrible.
Although, I'm all for the Tiger & Bunny movie. Hell, I'd take an entire new season of that show =3

http://bestanimeseason.com/series_images/Fall2012v1.png
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1625 on: September 02, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »

I'll take Code Geass Gaiden, Evangelion 3.0, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and... that's about it I think.

Also what the hell is the deal with Madoka Magica by the way? Seems to be pretty popular.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1626 on: September 02, 2012, 12:55:55 AM »

It's special as in they made a nitty and gritty magical girl show.
That's about it.

The plot is very very very slow to start though but at like episode 6 it's freaking cliffhanger after cliffhanger.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1627 on: September 02, 2012, 03:15:26 AM »

Magical girls. ~_~

Doesn't seem like the kind of show for me. Thanks for answering Annubis.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1628 on: September 02, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »

Oh wow... I know this will sound like the ever eternal repeat but next season looks terrible.
Although, I'm all for the Tiger & Bunny movie. Hell, I'd take an entire new season of that show =3

http://bestanimeseason.com/series_images/Fall2012v1.png

...there are more shows this season that I'm interested in than we've had the entire year, and I thought this was a pretty good year. =P

In addition to continuations of good shows, there's:

Magi
Robotics;notes
Little Busters
Hayate no Gotoku
Kyousogiga
Jojo
From the New World
Code: Breaker
Zetsuen no Tempest
Code Geass Gaiden
Yamato 2199
Evangelion 3

That's 9 shows, an OVA, and 2 movies. Okay, maybe a little short of surpassing every season combined, but still better than every season thus far, IMO.

Magical girls. ~_~

Doesn't seem like the kind of show for me. Thanks for answering Annubis.

I think the fact that you're not a Magical Girl fan would increase your chances of enjoying it. It kinda does a 180 on the genre. The fact that it has a focused plot already makes it different than 99% of the magical girl shows out there...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:29:11 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1629 on: September 02, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »

I think the fact that you're not a Magical Girl fan would increase your chances of enjoying it. It kinda does a 180 on the genre. The fact that it has a focused plot already makes it different than 99% of the magical girl shows out there...

If the story is not set in a high school then maybe I'll give it chance.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1630 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »

I only indulged the first 4 or 5 eps of Modaka Magica and was turned off by the art direction (surprisingly as I heard so much praise for it.... but it just wasn't my cup of tea...).... Sounds as though its worth seeing more though....

Anyhow, I've been absent from the A/M Journal thread here for a moment and just needed to pop up quick and thank kevadu for the suggestion of Moribito..... Holy heck man, that was abso-freakin'-lutely satisfying. I typically hate samurai-esque  stuff... while I really dig fantasy, of which Moribito is sporting a great deal, I usually can't overlook the samurai/feudal japan anything.... I know, its odd right?.... Anyways, NOT the case here... Moribito's stunning, enthralling right from the door, with NO down time.... action wasn't over the top and the fighting that was present was really well animated.

Just as a quick aside as to what else I've been watching.....

Slayers last 2 seasons has just proved to be the most disapointing thing to happen to a series I loved, ever....... After watching nearly every single of the 70 some odd english dubbed eps of Lupin the Third and a great deal of Case Closed I've discovered I can love outside the realm of the fantasy, horror, and psychological genres....... Panty Stocking and Garterbelt is like the powerpuff girls meets south park minus political relevance or satire, on crack...... .hack//sign, for as terrible as I must admit it is, is very satisfying whilst playing the first leg of the quadrilogy and has an absolutely great soundtrack.... Oh, and the Tales of Vesperia flick was pretty satisfying for an evening but really made me want to play the game (only installment of the tales series I missed)....

On deck now I've got Gokudo, Kiba and Shiki.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1631 on: September 09, 2012, 02:12:55 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM

And now for something completely different.  Take Japan to make a superhero-magical girl show then hand off the animation to a studio in France and... this happens!

Very cute concept I think, and I'd love to check it out when it's airing.  I *adore* the Ladybug outfit (but I feel nothing but contempt for ...our Catman...dude).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1632 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:21 AM »

Peter Parker got bitten by a radioactive ladybug and turned into a magical girl.

I have no idea what the fuck happened to Felicia.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1633 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »

That looks rediculous. If it was a movie I'd totally watch it. Not too sure about a full series being like that, though. Even only 26 episodes could be a little too much for me. It does look kinda silly and plots like that tend to get repetitive very quickly, and I've only found 2 shows like that that could really hold my interest.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1634 on: September 12, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »

Aw I missed all the Madoka Magica talk, that's what I get for never looking at this thread.

I watched the whole thing in one day about a week ago, I loved it. People keep saying its like, making fun of magical girls, but I think it's more If Magical Girls was done well, with a good plot.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 191 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: