Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319052 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 180 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 242495 times)
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1680 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »

I think the idea is pretty good as most people can relate to it.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1681 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:07 PM »

Little Lady is keeping me on a Studio Ghibi kick so we watched Spirited Away night before last, I actually really enjoyed it, very well thought out anime. Then we started Trigun, reminded me of a cross between a poor man's Captain Tylor and Dessert Punk so far anyhow.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1682 on: October 05, 2012, 10:40:21 PM »

Little Lady is keeping me on a Studio Ghibi kick so we watched Spirited Away night before last, I actually really enjoyed it, very well thought out anime. Then we started Trigun, reminded me of a cross between a poor man's Captain Tylor and Dessert Punk so far anyhow.

I have absolutely no idea how you can compare that show to junk like Desert Punk, and call it a lesser show at that.  That makes me very sad. It does change direction about halfway through, though, so its definitely worth continuing.

I don't get the Captain Tylor comparison, either. Yes, they're both funny, and there's sci-fi elements, but that's about as much in common as they get as far as I can tell.

Anyways, I've started watching a bunch of different shows right now, and I think I'll continue all of them. They are:

A Certain Magical Index ep. 1 - off to a good start, minus the mild awkwardness involving the lolis (which I can only assume will get worse as this show goes on). The setup and characters are very interesting so far. I look forward to watching more.

Tenchi Muyo! (OVA Series) ep. 1 - Decided to go through the whole franchise (except for the second Sasami show), one at a time, starting with this one. So far it's off to a decent start. If I hadn't watched this a bunch of times before I'd be pretty confused as to what's going on right now and who everyone was. Not the greatest set-up, but at least it was still entertaining.

Shugo Chara ep. 1 & 2 - Meant to watch Pretty Cure, but this was an okay substitute. This show has some genuinely good ideas, though I do find it very annoying at times. I seem to enjoy it the more I watch, though. Might give it another episode before bed.

Also tried to watch Tenchi Muyo! GXP, but I had no clue what was going on after a while story-wise, so I think I'll wait until after I finish the OVA series. The first 6 minutes were entertaining, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:45:31 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1683 on: October 05, 2012, 10:44:25 PM »

Well, I'm only on episode 4, so I am withholding total judgement, that's just my initial impressions (and actually I meant the comment more towards Captain Tylor than Dessert Punk)

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »

I mentioned that, didn't I?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:15 AM »

and I'm agreeing with you =P
Still not sure if they can keep it fresh for what? 26 episodes?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1686 on: October 06, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »

and I'm agreeing with you =P
Still not sure if they can keep it fresh for what? 26 episodes?

If the cast joins in on some of her whack adventures and they play it up -- then maybe.  If it's her just being weird, then I doubt it.  Is it really going for 26 episodes??

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1687 on: October 06, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Well, I can't recall a single Kyoani show that only had one season =/
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

The new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime is awesome.  Next episode can't come fast enough
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1689 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »

The new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime is awesome.  Next episode can't come fast enough

I'm so looking forward to that. Hope it gets licensed for streaming soon, I don't want to have to go for those expensive subbed imports.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1690 on: October 08, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »

I just go with fansubs and buy the domestic DVD/Blurays when they come out
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1691 on: October 08, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »

I just go with fansubs and buy the domestic DVD/Blurays when they come out

I've had nothing but bad experiences with fansubs outside of ones for really old stuff, so I try to avoid them when I can. Plus, I hate trying to find good mirrors. At least with official stuff I know the quality of the video will be good. I have a bad feeling Viz or Aniplex might pick up Jojo, though, in which case I might not have much of a choice.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: October 08, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »

I don't know why, exactly, but the streamers have done a really poor job of getting licenses to shows this season.  In fact there's very little I care about that actually is being streamed.  I haven't felt that way in years..I thought the industry had moved past that.  I don't mind fansubs in terms of their quality or anything (in fact, some of them can be really really good), but I do want to support legitimate companies whenever that's an option.

Well, Chuunibyou is supposedly going to be streamed by The Anime Network at some point in the future, but they still don't seem to have any idea when.  It's obviously not a simulcast.  Maybe more shows will be picked up in delayed casts, who knows.

Edit:  Of course the day after I saw that Funimation has a huge licensing announcement.  Unfortunately they're pretty much my least-favorite streaming service, but I guess it's better than nothing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:47:43 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1693 on: October 10, 2012, 03:54:52 PM »

Edit:  Of course the day after I saw that Funimation has a huge licensing announcement.  Unfortunately they're pretty much my least-favorite streaming service, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Same.  I'm incredibly reluctant to sign up with Funi as their site often seems painfully slow.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1694 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »

they should pick up jojo rest dont matta!
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 180 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: