Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:15:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331741 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 198 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 278092 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: October 23, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »

Why is no one watching Shin Sekai Yori??? :(
It's good!  The one major anime I look forward to every week, I'm happy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: October 23, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »

I'm waiting until it ends. It seems like the kind of show I'd watch all in one shot.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: October 24, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

The premise is interesting.  I put in the queue to watch later.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: October 27, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »

Shin Sekai Yori - Ep 04

Good episode, but the animation and direction of this episode (especially the latter, which thus far I've praised) was really DERPy this week.  The animation got funny, the zoom ins uneccessary and with a poor frame rate, and the pacing was like it was done for an undergrad's animation reel.

It *was* a good episode though, took a real different pave than the other episodes, splitting off from the main group and focusing on lead girl and lead boy (?).  There's some sexy tension (for 12 year olds??!), some monster with big titties, and more to look forward to next week as things keep getting weirder in the world 1,000 years from now.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: October 31, 2012, 05:29:26 AM »

Is Sword Art Online any good?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: October 31, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »

The first half is pretty decent.  The current arc is...blah.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: October 31, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

The first half is pretty decent.  The current arc is...blah.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. The ending of the first arc was also blah...
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1717 on: October 31, 2012, 06:50:50 PM »

Don't like to waste my time in series that get boring or uninteresting so I guess I'll have to ignore that one. No biggie anyway I still have to have stuff like Fate/Zero.

Also, thanks.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: October 31, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

Well, honestly you can watch just the first half and pretend it ends after episode 14.  It's a complete story.  In fact that's how it was written initially, the novelization wasn't supposed to be a series at first.  But it was popular so it got expanded upon.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: November 01, 2012, 12:42:12 AM »

I liked the first half less the more I watched of it and I stopped watching it after episode 14 cause I figured it would get worse.  Can't stand the two main characters' awful romance crap. 
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: November 07, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »

Haven't been watching much lately, on a whim put in Yumekui Merry....five episodes in it is...interesting. Friend recommended Aoi Hana, what ya'll think?

Everything's Eventual
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »

Finally got around to watching all of Claymore on Blu-Ray. The series was epic. I reminded me of a all female cast version of Berserk. Although one of my biggest frustrations was figuring out which claymore was which. There were so many of them and they all referred to each other for the most part by their rank in the organization (i.e. 1-47). Tackle that on with the blue/gray/dark mono-chromatic color scheme it's a bit of a challenge. Sticking points aside, it was a great action fast paced series. Highly recommend to all who haven't seen it yet.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: November 12, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »

I just re-read Angel Densetsu; god that was good.
Although the whole cast is a giant mishmash, every character is adorable/funny/cool in a way.
I can see why I picked those up oh so many years ago... although I do feel old now that I realize it WAS oh so many years ago =|

Haven't been watching much lately, on a whim put in Yumekui Merry....five episodes in it is...interesting. Friend recommended Aoi Hana, what ya'll think?

It's an average school setting yuri show. Not bad in any way but not excelling enough to be remembered much.

Finally got around to watching all of Claymore on Blu-Ray. The series was epic. I reminded me of a all female cast version of Berserk. Although one of my biggest frustrations was figuring out which claymore was which. There were so many of them and they all referred to each other for the most part by their rank in the organization (i.e. 1-47). Tackle that on with the blue/gray/dark mono-chromatic color scheme it's a bit of a challenge. Sticking points aside, it was a great action fast paced series. Highly recommend to all who haven't seen it yet.

The comparison to Berserk is perfect in the sense that both serie's anime cover very little of the whole manga.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1723 on: November 13, 2012, 12:43:35 AM »

Good luck with the manga then. Because it has the exact same problem with the bonus prize being everything's in black and white. That said, you should check out the manga since despite the anime's 'ending' dicking itself over the story doesn't actually stop there or even go there (last two or three episodes were a cop-out ending much like the second season of the original FMA anime).

Also why didn't anybody tell me that Studio 4C were handling the new Thundercats anime. That's grounds for a three episode test right there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:45:34 AM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: November 13, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »

Good luck with the manga then. Because it has the exact same problem with the bonus prize being everything's in black and white. That said, you should check out the manga since despite the anime's 'ending' dicking itself over the story doesn't actually stop there or even go there (last two or three episodes were a cop-out ending much like the second season of the original FMA anime).

Ah, I was wondering about that. The ending def. feels like it had an abrupt ending. I wonder if their production team was thinking as they approached the last few episodes with, "Crap. We weren't green lighted for another season. We better end this yoma claymore awaken fest now." Reading the manga sounds like quite the challenge after the way you put it, haha.

Also why didn't anybody tell me that Studio 4C were handling the new Thundercats anime. That's grounds for a three episode test right there.

Oh man, it's awesome. If you grew up in the 80's watching Saturday morning in your transformers, gi joe, he-man, or whatever pijamas you had -- you were pumped whenever Thundercats came on. "Thunder..... Thunder.... Thundercats.... HOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Heh. It's a decent anime. Studio 4C respected it's origin roots and most of the characters look and act the same. One small tidbit, in the first episode or so Lion-o's dad is actually voiced by the original English voice from the 80s. How cool is that? In any case, I like the animation, the music score is top notch too. Worth checking out if you can stream the show on Amazon Prime, Hulu, or Netflix if you got it. I was DVRn' the show until I moved recently. Episodes are released sporadically, so it might be better to wait until a season is released.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 198 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: