Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 180 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 242194 times)
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1725 on: November 13, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »

I just re-read Angel Densetsu; god that was good.
Although the whole cast is a giant mishmash, every character is adorable/funny/cool in a way.

I read it for the first time recently and it's really good.  have you read Kyou Kara Ore Wa or Ocha Nigosu?
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: November 13, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »

Although the whole cast is a giant mishmash, every character is adorable/funny/cool in a way.

I read it for the first time recently and it's really good.  have you read Kyou Kara Ore Wa or Ocha Nigosu?

I read the entire Kyou Kara. I know they made VHS OVAs of that one but I haven't seen those (must be hard to find them too =/)
I think I'm about midway in Ocha Nigosu, but I'm not really sure what's the latest volume of that one.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1727 on: November 13, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

That said, you should check out the manga since despite the anime's 'ending' dicking itself over the story doesn't actually stop there or even go there

At the time watching it I thought it was lame that they made their own ending. Later though I read it and really didn't like the direction they took it where
Code:
it's not even fantasy but some bioweapon experimentation bullshit
. Then some penis monsters showed up and I dropped it. And I heard even the manga didn't get a real ending either because the author dropped it in protest of some bill japan was trying to pass or something.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1728 on: November 14, 2012, 12:54:48 AM »

Claymore as a manga is ongoing.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1729 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »

I read it for the first time recently and it's really good.  have you read Kyou Kara Ore Wa or Ocha Nigosu?

I read the entire Kyou Kara. I know they made VHS OVAs of that one but I haven't seen those (must be hard to find them too =/)
I think I'm about midway in Ocha Nigosu, but I'm not really sure what's the latest volume of that one.

I've seen the first KKOW OVA and it's decent.  At the time only the first episode had subs but I think the first few do now.  I haven't read Ocha Nigosu in a long time cause the scanlation is so irregular and slow.  I'm probably somewhere in the middle as well.  I figured it's not that long of a series so I'll just wait for the rest to finish before bothering with it again.  

also penis monsters lol.  claymore is great i've got volume 21 on it's way from amazon
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: November 17, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »

Looking through my collection, like my game collection it's outta control, anyhow, decided to try Kino's Journey, three episodes in and I like it a lot so far. Finished Yumekui Merry (great premise but alas I feel it failed a bit) and Aoi Hana which I must admit I rather enjoyed.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1731 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »

Kino is a cool show. x)
Definitely a great idea even if a little unambitious, but it works quite well and tells some good fiction.

Shin Sekai no Yori -- 08
Man... really disapponted with the series lately.  Not only has the animation completely "derped" the last 3 episodes (which is oddly never done well; the flow gets ruined and it's like the actors can't act it as well or naturally), but the plot sort of nose-dived.  Specifically refering to the time jump in this one.  I love time jumps, I think they're a great way to create interest in whatever settings by showing much much has changed (heck, best example is how Ocarina of Time handled this).  They're good at creating shock value too (again, Ocarina of Time's main market town going from lively to the ...exact opposite).  What this show decided to do was bring things back to the school setting and let the main cast turn into a bi-sexual romp (rather, the main fellas are completely a couple, wearing the same necklace and frenching each other, while our main girl -- now in a lesbian relationship -- is mad jealous at the men).  I wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't really come out of left field and focus so much time on it (and the derp-animation [derpimation]) just made French kissing awkward.  I also wouldn't mind it as much if it didn't play such a small part in actual story, as it looks like the previous spoilers/info-dumps from the last few weeks were almost completely forgotten...  I'll give this another chance but I'm really sad the show started *so* strong to only get so much weaker.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: November 22, 2012, 10:48:44 PM »

Finished Kino's Journey, and Dice you were very correct, really fun and thought provoking show, so, despite some bad reviews decided to watch Kurozuka and after a marathon of 8 episodes today I must say so far I find it rather enjoyable.

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1733 on: November 24, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »

I just read the last chapters of Gunslinger Girl.

All I can say is that it's an incredible manga.

Yu Aida said long ago that he wanted to make an Italian opera as a manga.
He succeeded.

One thing I find interesting is that the fans' reaction to the ending is really tame. I think it's because the author 'trained' his readership slowly for what would be the ultimate finale.
The last message of hope was really nice.
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1734 on: November 24, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »

Finished Kino's Journey, and Dice you were very correct, really fun and thought provoking show, so, despite some bad reviews decided to watch Kurozuka and after a marathon of 8 episodes today I must say so far I find it rather enjoyable.

I loved kino's journey!!

And to touch upon the Dream Eater Merry you recently watched.... I agree with you on that front as well.... interesting concept, executed very poorly... Odd attire in anime has never bothered me, but Merrie's gravity defying overcoat/jacket tail-thingies bugged me right from the opening theme of episode one... not that there weren't much larger problems with the short series than merries jacket but damn that bother me....

Just checked out X the TV series.... Not exactly mindblowing.... Entertaining enough I suppose.. the bi-polar- 180 turn that Kom-oo-A's character makes mid series was a bit strange... the ending was really disappointing and abrupt... but it did progress well enough to keep me watching til the end....

Now I am just waiting with baited breath to see the Berserk flick..... I know a lot of fans were unhappy with it but in all honesty I can't imagine me disliking anything "Berserk"....  ***runs off to change avatar to a griffith pic***

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1735 on: November 24, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »

There's rumors that more Kino's Journey is going to be made. There's supposed to be a 'big announcement' or something soon, hopefully it's not just a case of fans getting overhyped over nothing.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1736 on: November 30, 2012, 10:38:36 PM »

So, I finished Kurozuka and I kinda gotta say...huh? But, having said that in a weird way I enjoyed the show. Popped in BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and after 6 episodes I am really digging this show, we'll see how it goes I guess.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1737 on: December 02, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »

So, I finished Kurozuka and I kinda gotta say...huh? But, having said that in a weird way I enjoyed the show. Popped in BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and after 6 episodes I am really digging this show, we'll see how it goes I guess.

I fucking loved BECK. I've lost 90% of the patience I had with anime since graduating high school (a personal taste issue, not trying to insinuate anything),  but BECK was able to hold my attention through all the episodes when I watched it last summer. And I loved the dub; I think Greg Ayers did a fantastic job with the singing.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1738 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »

There's rumors that more Kino's Journey is going to be made. There's supposed to be a 'big announcement' or something soon, hopefully it's not just a case of fans getting overhyped over nothing.

I'm actually *kinda* excited that (apparently) Sailor Moon is coming back.
Sweet childhood.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1739 on: December 03, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »

Ok. Space Brothers is a good serie. It's the serie for people who think "Why don't they make an anime with adults about adult stuff?".

But DEAR LORD has the paced slowed down lately.
There is so much time filling that it feels like I'm watching Dragon Ball Z.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 180 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: