Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334805 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 288462 times)
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1770 on: December 28, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »

And it's a pretty tame eroanime anyway. There's far worse stuff out there.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1771 on: December 28, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

Because one guy did it and got semi-popular for it, so now everyone's trying to copy him to capitalize on his semi-success.

I mean yeah, it was funny once, at least. The rest, not so much.

Oh. I thought for a moment that there was more to it than that. What's the original video anyway?
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1772 on: December 28, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »

Because one guy did it and got semi-popular for it, so now everyone's trying to copy him to capitalize on his semi-success.

I mean yeah, it was funny once, at least. The rest, not so much.

Oh. I thought for a moment that there was more to it than that. What's the original video anyway?

NSFW. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the one you've seen. Heck, this may not actually be the original (probably was deleted years ago), it's just the one that was linked to me. At the very least it's the one that got this thing started since it's been re-upped a whole bunch of time.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1773 on: December 28, 2012, 11:22:07 PM »

Yes I already saw that video. Nothing really special. *shrug*
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1774 on: December 28, 2012, 11:28:30 PM »

Why is the issue more about the fact he has a penis rather than the fact he looks about 8 years old. o.o

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1775 on: December 28, 2012, 11:32:52 PM »

Why is the issue more about the fact he has a penis rather than the fact he looks about 8 years old. o.o

Because he looks like an 8 year old girl? I dunno, kinda wondered that myself.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1776 on: December 29, 2012, 12:55:40 AM »

Because he looks like an 8 year old girl? I dunno, kinda wondered that myself.

The Japanese Defense: the pre-show warning "All characters in this animated title are over the age of 18".  Still drawn to look 8.

http://youtu.be/fS1uDnIPTvo
I'm glad this semi NSFW (but "arte") video was in the "related videos".

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1777 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »

Watched Gundam UC episode 5, finally. While I greatly enjoyed it, it felt very rushed this time. A lot of things felt like they could've been fleshed out more, like the Argama's dislike of the Vist Foundation, Bright's decision to help out a kid he just met, and work with Neo-Zeons. Also could've used some more downtime between the last three major events. They also needed to explain that glowing light and the "resonance shock"(?) for fans who aren't super in depth with the series. I understood it, but seriously, no explanation at all? Other than that, though, great plot twists, lots of fun battles that didn't quite feel overblown. I don't think they introduced more than 2 Mobile Suits that we hadn't seen before in this show, but one of them was the Banshee, so that makes up for it. Not like we really need that much more, anyways.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1778 on: January 01, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »

so I have finally watched something that had me say to myself "hmmmm, I haven't seen this before 100 times...."

I checked out "A Certain Magical Index" and while the first few episodes had me really thinking this was another mediocre series at best, I must report that at 12 episodes in it has proven pretty freakin' cool.  It hits you with all sorts of cliche' crap and then twists it into something rather original. I won't give anything away but they even manage to pull off something clever with the whole "amnesiac character" concept..... a feat I did not believe could even be achieved to be honest....

While in all honesty I can't stand the main protagonist, and I don't think anything I haven't seen can change my mind about that, based on what I have seen so far this is still totally something worth watching.

NOTE: Most of the main cast is pretty forgettable in all honesty.... however all is forgiven for one awesome character named Style Magnus (you know he is cool just by his name-LoL) and the nice pacing and writing of this rather unique take on the cliche'.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1779 on: January 01, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »

I watched the first two episodes of A Certain Magical Index and thought it was incredible, I've already noticed a lot of what you've said there, Klyde. If it keeps getting better, at least for the first season, I'd say we might have a winner here. It's definitely high priority for me to finish, at least.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1780 on: January 01, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

Personally I didn't care for "A Certain Magical Index" at all.  I agree with Klyde that the main guy is a terrible character, but Index is just as bad (if not worse).  There is some interesting lore in the setting but they never do anything interesting with it.  I found it very generic and forgettable.

But oddly enough I enjoyed the spin-off "A Certain Scientific Railgun".  Better characters and better plot development.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1781 on: January 03, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »

Personally I didn't care for "A Certain Magical Index" at all.  I agree with Klyde that the main guy is a terrible character, but Index is just as bad (if not worse).  There is some interesting lore in the setting but they never do anything interesting with it.  I found it very generic and forgettable.

But oddly enough I enjoyed the spin-off "A Certain Scientific Railgun".  Better characters and better plot development.

I couldnt agree more about index... annoying as all hell..... luckily post episode five on through 14-15 her screen time is minimal.... that being said I have to disagree on the generic note.... every time something generic happens, there seems to be some screwball twist I haven't seen done (at least too many times) in the past... citing episode 15 or so as an example (first beach episode). It kicks off and I say to myself "here we go, lame freakin' filler ep between story arcs.... at the beach no less...." then 15-25 minutes later I'm knee deep in a twist that reveals the next serious leg of the story.
Code:
body and gender swapping isn't exactly original in anime either, but how they pull it off at this point certainly seemed a refreshing take on it... I've never seen it applied to a narrative like this...

Thanks a bunch for enlightening me to A certain scientific railgun too BTW. I did even know about it! If its better than this I'm super stoked!!!

FINAL NOTE: I say all this with a few eps left, so I may still prove to be horribly disapointed by the ending... remains to be seen.... finally I also gotta say characters are usually the "make it or break it factor" in a series for me.... that being the case, I am terribly surprised at how much I like this... as I already stated, I'm certainly not making any arguments in favor of the cast here... except for Stiyl (he rocks!)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1782 on: January 04, 2013, 01:40:53 AM »

Goddamn Blast of Tempest is good.  I feel like an idiot for not starting it sooner.  Looked kind of generic so I skipped over it at first, but then there was a drought of titles at the end of the season and I decided to check it out.  Wow.  It is anything but generic.  Still in the middle of the first season but I have no idea how what is going to happen.  This show constantly keeps you on your toes.

This is probably the best show of last season.  I can't believe I almost missed it...

Edit: Aaaand, just finished watching the second half of the first season in one sitting.  I guess I'm sort of glad I waiting before starting this show, because though it takes a couple eps to get going, once you're into it every single episode ends on a friggin cliffhanger.  It's extremely addictive, the kind of show you really do want to watch all at once.

But holy crap, the cliffhanger at the end of season 1 means I can't wait for season 2...

But seriously, why is it that I haven't heard any buzz about this show?  Forget being my favorite show of the season, it might be my favorite show of the year.  And yet nobody is talking about it...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:12:16 AM by Kevadu » Logged

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1783 on: January 04, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »

I heard a few people talking about it, as well as an article from someone whose tastes I used to trust, and they all said it was a bad show with lost potential. Personally, I also thought it looked generic, so I avoided it and took those people for their word without really investigating any further. Might put it on my list of shows to check out now, though.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1784 on: January 04, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »

Hmm, I wonder how much of the show they had actually seen before writing that.  I'll freely admit that the first couple of episodes weren't really anything special.  But the things that make this show shine take time to develop.  It's a complex web of lies, deceit, and betrayal.  Nothing is really as it seems at first glance.

But I think my favorite thing about it is that there's really no clear villain.  Everyone has plausible motivations for what they're doing (even though one group seems obviously 'evil' at first glance, you eventually find out that things aren't that simple), but there's a deep philosophical divide.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: