Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318891 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 180 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 241978 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:31 AM »

Level E is funny as hell....at least six episodes in.

Everything's Eventual
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: January 22, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »

Now and then, Here and there is another depressing series. The first episode is really misleading though.

I am watching Arakawa under the bridge.The humour pretty stupid but effective.
Started Arakawa....Damn, what a randomly awesome show....definitely can tell its made by Shaft. It is full  to the brim of their trademark over the top weirdness.

As for depressing anime try Bokano (or however its spelled). Giant Robot series where the robot literally runs on children.
Going to start Bokurano after I finished with Arakawa and Boccano.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:17 PM »

There's this new anime called Koutora and episode 1 was incredible. I watched episode 2 and it's also incredible.
I'm not sure if it's possible for an anime to keep being this good for a whole season, but as of now, it definitively has an explosive start.

I'm also amazed by the themes put forth. Gutsy stuff.

Watched it -- and yeah, wow. Fantastic mix of drama, comedy, and just that touch of romance.  I really like the relationship between Kotoura and the main guy.  The first part of the first episode was brutal, like you said, it goes a lot of places other series don't touch on, and when they do, it's spaced out a lot more.  Kotoura is really sweet though, and I was so happy when she joined the club.  Been a while since I've rooted for a character.  Hopefully the quality stays consistent!

agreed 100% thanks for the heads up on this, great show so far

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1863 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »

Finally finished steins gate.... wow... best narrative about/involving time travel I have seen in ages (possibly my favorite) ... brilliant series. I would like to say more but that really sums it up for me.... if you were amongst the few who didn't see this one (such as myself) don't think, just go watch :)

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »

Finished Level E and that was a nice surprise, I went into it with no expectations and had a good time watching it. now for The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, reminds me a bit of Gosick so far which I enjoyed (at least 2/3 of it) so we'll see.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: January 24, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »

Finished Level E and that was a nice surprise, I went into it with no expectations and had a good time watching it. now for The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, reminds me a bit of Gosick so far which I enjoyed (at least 2/3 of it) so we'll see.

IIRC, GoSick was exactly what they were going for, so...

Anyways, I noticed I left the One Piece tab open, and wouldn't you know it, when I clicked on it to X out of it, the video started running, and I ended up watching 5 more episodes.

...I may have an addiction.

But, at least those episodes were fun. I loved it when they unmasked Duval:
Code:
It turns out he looks exactly like the messed up drawing on Sanji's Wanted Poster! I could not stop laughing! And he made it sound so heart wrenching (or maybe I'm a sucker) when he talks about all he had to suffer through because of Sanji.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: January 24, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »

Mickeymac92, five episodes in and they certainly succeeded with a near copy of Gosick, having said that I am still enjoying it

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:14 PM »

Kotoura Ep03

Adore! 
- The karaoke bit when Kotoura got mad actually made me laugh out loud.  I don't do that with anime often.
- Manabe proves to be a badass, apparently.  Sort of a weird point, but he reminds me of what Fry from Futurama would be like if he were an anime character.  Dumb, but sweet.
- Blue haired girl has something up her sleeve... I can only imagine how sinister it would be?
- The short dude...kinda sucks.
- Still, despite the comedy, the show tries out for more serious tones at the end; it's surprisingly "ok" too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:03:11 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: January 24, 2013, 11:26:58 PM »

Yup, 3 on 3 great episodes.

How far can this serie go =)
Klyde Chroma
Fruity Ninja

I believe in the Boss!!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: January 25, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »

That goes out to Mickeymac for his suggestion of Gokudo to me ages ago..... It slipped into the realm of "to be watched" and I finally checked it out.... THIS is quality 90's slapstick fantasy anime if ever I have seen it! Makes me feel like I'm watching slayers (early seasons) all over again!

Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:31 PM »

I Figured you'd like it. Still, as I mentioned before, it was actually someone else who brought it to my attention. I was just passing on the recommendation to someone I thought would take more from it.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: January 28, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »

@Mickeymac92, you were certainly right. they wanted Dantalian to be a copy of Gosick, but I believe they succeeded beyond their expectations, Dantalian was much. much better! And, as usual, on a whim, decided to try No. 6 next

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: January 29, 2013, 03:36:43 AM »

This has been a really great season so far.  There are a lot of good shows, including a few surprises.  Here's the new stuff I'm watching.  Not counting carry-overs from last season (like Blast of Tempest, go watch it) here.

Maoyu - I continue to dislike the character designs but despite the addition of random unnecessary fanservice for the anime, the core of the story hasn't been changed and the show is quite good.  All the macroeconomics and farmer methodology I was hoping for.  It's a shame that the producers were afraid to make an intelligent show without having the fanservice to fall back on, because it just feels incredibly out of place.  But at least there isn't actually very much of it (past the first ep anyway).

Kotoura-san - Agree with the sentiment around here.  I was hooked from the first episode.  Very interesting show, with a mix of comedic and serious elements.

Oreshura - No, seriously, this show is way better than I thought it would be.  Not that I thought it would be very good, mind you, and I still wouldn't exactly call it a classic or anything but it's quite entertaining for what it is.  A harem comedy with actual character development?  Who would have thought.

There are also a whole lot of sequel series this season.  A few that I'm watching:

Chihayafuru 2 - Loved the first season, so naturally I'm enjoying this one.

Minami-ke - More Minami-ke is always a good thing.

Haganai NEXT - Can be a bit over-the-top, but I enjoy the silly slice-of-life-esque comedy with wacky characters.

I'm dropping Robotics;Notes, though, because it really feels like it's going nowhere and it has much tougher competition this season than it did last.  It's a shame that it just doesn't hold a candle to Steins;Gate.

Of course there's still stuff continuing from last season, like Blast of Tempest and Psycho-Pass.  But it still looks like Maoyu will be my favorite show of the season since things have really slowed down in Blast of Tempest (though they kind of had do, it's actually nice to have a break after the amount of tension in the first half...).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: January 29, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »

I just got a free 30-Day Crunchyroll pass, so I'll be watching this season's stuff soon. I just gotta make a list of what I want to watch...there are so many...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: January 30, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »

I just got a free 30-Day Crunchyroll pass, so I'll be watching this season's stuff soon. I just gotta make a list of what I want to watch...there are so many...

Good G-d, I finally made a list of all the shows I want to try, and there's 24 total. Granted, I added 2 or 3 for the helluvit, that I may not want to watch in the end (I'm already dreading Encouragement to Climb, for instance. It's premise sounds alright, but it looks like moe fluff, and that's the impression I'm getting from the various people who watched it).

I already started with two episodes of Amnesia, and I quite like it so far. It's story intrigues me, though I'll admit the main character is hard to watch. She seems like a silent protagonist that they decided to have talk, but not much, so it makes her seem really weird and spacey. I know she has amnesia, but apparently she's always been like that...

Still, it hasn't quite grabbed me. It's close, maybe one more episode would do it, but I think I'll move on to something else, then come back to it a little later.

So, next up: Cuticle Detective Inaba. I'm really looking forward to that one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:19:57 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 180 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: