Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327769 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 192 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 264881 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »

It needed to be done.

Koshi Koshi Koshi: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7848577/kotoura-san_koshi.gif
Demo Demo Demo: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7848577/Kotoura-san_demo.gif
Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7848577/Kotoura-san_yoshi.gif
(;Д;) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7848577/Kotoura-san_drama.gif
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:48:10 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: February 04, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »

^ thank you for these~

Shin Sekai no Yori -- I love that this series time skips.  Recent episode has a man with *two irises* per eye. ... I'll let you think about that one (answer: yes, he does come in to kick ass).  This series is dark and pretty depressing, I'm convinced the pretty and giant eyed characters are meant to "fluff" it up a bit.

Kotoura - It's 4 for 4 on good episodes, but I'd regard the latest as the weakest; the bit with the grandpa (while I'm glad he's still a really active part in her life) was grossly unnecessary.

Amnesia - The revelation for Red wasn't too interesting, turns out the more critical "I killed a man" was a small fuck up... a shame because the mistake was more interesting, if harder to deal with.  I like their convenient method for "switching boys".  We're onto "Blue" next I guess (the only guy's name I got memorized is Toma's... he looks the least full of himself, so woo, I root for him! But if the OP/ED have anything to determine the "order" of pairings, I think he might be last D:  )

I never realized the amount of quick 5 min episodes (last i watched was...DiGi Character...like ten years ago almost).  Do they just air between things?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: February 04, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »

I never realized the amount of quick 5 min episodes (last i watched was...DiGi Character...like ten years ago almost).  Do they just air between things?

A lot of the shorts they're doing now are web things.  Obviously that wasn't always the case, but that's why there are so many these days.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: February 04, 2013, 08:19:45 PM »

Haven't been in the mood for a comedy, so I skipped Inabi for now. Now I'm watching The Unlimited. Only got through the first episode, but it was everything I was hoping for. The sense of mystery surrounding the main characters definitely has my attention, though I'm sure that'll be cleared up by the next episode, judging by the preview. It's more about the intense action and the world (which you're told very little about so far). If nothing else, I think this one will be very fun. Might dive into the next episode right now...except I got one more episode of One Piece left to watch before I reach my goal post...

EDIT: I made it through the Saobody Archipelago arc in One Piece. That arc was all kinds of awesome. Lots of story and backstory, fantastic action, and the ending was just perfect. I can't wait to see them take on more Pacifistas once they're stronger. I'll be taking a long break, though. I need to save up my strength so I can gun through the next two arcs, and get to the next real excitement.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:24:25 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: February 04, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »

Best gif of 2013.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: February 05, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »

Had a free hour today and decided to watch The Cockpit, only watched 2/3 episodes but episode 1 was good, episode 2 was freaking awesome!!! Almost finished with No. 6 and Mushishi, still enjoying both a lot.

Everything's Eventual
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 07, 2013, 10:27:14 AM »

EDIT: I made it through the Saobody Archipelago arc in One Piece.

Glad to know I'm not the only one watching that. :)  I started with the first episode a few months back when I discovered that the TV channels at the hotel I stay at Sun-Thurs are terrible.  I watched the latest episode last night - finally caught up with five hundred and eighty freaking three episodes.  Now to just stay caught up (or at least close).

Guess it's time to find a new show to watch...

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: February 07, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

EDIT: I made it through the Saobody Archipelago arc in One Piece.

Glad to know I'm not the only one watching that. :)  I started with the first episode a few months back when I discovered that the TV channels at the hotel I stay at Sun-Thurs are terrible.  I watched the latest episode last night - finally caught up with five hundred and eighty freaking three episodes.  Now to just stay caught up (or at least close).

Guess it's time to find a new show to watch...

Same here. I haven't really noticed anyone else here watching it, and I never really get to talk about it to anyone since I'm miles behind on it. Congratz on getting caught up, btw. I wish I could get through it that fast, but I lose steam after a month or two of marathoning, and then I gotta take long breaks, or at least take it slow. I figure I'll be caught up by this time next year, though.

Anyways, now that you've seen all that's available, what's your favorite arc so far?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: February 09, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »

My Little Monster.

SUPER cute show with some really likable characters. Shizuku is a fantastic romantic anime protag, Haru is hilarious, and Natsume is adorable. Unfortunately it doesn't really resolve in the last episode, so I hope there's another season coming.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 09, 2013, 10:39:28 PM »

Anyways, now that you've seen all that's available, what's your favorite arc so far?

Tough question.  I really like Usopp as a character, because he's weaker than the rest of the team and freaked out about it, but he still wants to do what's right.  So as a result, I like the Syrup Village Arc, in which he joins the crew.

There are some great moments late in Arlong Park, where Nami's freaking out and cutting herself and where Luffy screams to her that she's his friend.  But I don't love the arc as a whole as much as some others.

Similarly, I really like some things about the Enies Lobby Arc.  Specifically, I like the whole thing with Robin pushing the crew away because she feels like everyone close to her gets destroyed.  And because I like Usopp, I love the whole deal with Sogeking.  (Not that it matters, but his "theme song" cracks me up.)

I didn't love all of the Sabaody arc, but like you, I thought the ending was great.  There's been some good stuff since then too, so you've still got stuff to look forward to when you get back to the show. :) 

Having caught up, it's an unusual feeling to know that I have to wait from week to week to find out what happens next.  But on the other hand, it's nice to know that I don't have to worry about spoilers.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: February 10, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »

Same here. I haven't really noticed anyone else here watching it, and I never really get to talk about it to anyone since I'm miles behind on it. Congratz on getting caught up, btw. I wish I could get through it that fast, but I lose steam after a month or two of marathoning, and then I gotta take long breaks, or at least take it slow. I figure I'll be caught up by this time next year, though.

I don't watch One Piece, but I do read the manga on a weekly basis so you two are not alone! The best arc imo is Enies Lobby. It has my three favorite fights in the series. I love almost every arc of the series though(except for Skypeia which I dislike the first half of). Paramount War and Sabaody are both among my personal favorites also.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:40 PM »

Finished No.6, wow, what a disappointing ending to a show I was enjoying. Almost done with Mushi-shi, awesome show, and just started Kokoro Connect, so far I am on the fence

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »

Finished No.6, wow, what a disappointing ending to a show I was enjoying. Almost done with Mushi-shi, awesome show, and just started Kokoro Connect, so far I am on the fence

I got bored of Kokoro Connect...a shame because the concept has a lot of potential for whack shenanigans.  Lemme know if it does get better!!!
What's No.6?  Not the submarine one, is it??? :O

And I gotta get on Mushi

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »

No. 6 is a futuristic/dystopia/utopian sci-fi yarn which delves into some nature vs progress areas all the while focusing a lot on two guys relationship. I guess part of the problem was it was somewhat all over the place for me. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be sci-fi, be a relationship show or be a commentary on society. In the end it somewhat lost what little direction it had, IMO. A shame, because I really enjoyed the first few episodes. And yes Dice you MUST watch Mushi-shi, I simply adore that show, Ginko is the bomb!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:34:52 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »

I think I dropped No. 6 halfway through.  I say 'think' because the story was so goofy and convoluted I can't remember if I actually saw it through to the end or not...that probably isn't a good sign...

I could have lived without the massive amount of yaoi-baiting in that show too.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 192 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: