Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338135 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 296238 times)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1890 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50:32 AM »

No. 6 is a futuristic/dystopia/utopian sci-fi yarn which delves into some nature vs progress areas all the while focusing a lot on two guys relationship. I guess part of the problem was it was somewhat all over the place for me. It couldn't decide if it wanted to be sci-fi, be a relationship show or be a commentary on society. In the end it somewhat lost what little direction it had, IMO. A shame, because I really enjoyed the first few episodes. And yes Dice you MUST watch Mushi-shi, I simply adore that show, Ginko is the bomb!

I always found if you're "interested" in an anime but can't get through it for whatever reason, it's best to jump ship to the manga which tends to progress quicker and with less bullshit (i.e.; filler) in between.

I got Mushi one net flicks, it caught my interest -- thanks for the heads up~! :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1891 on: February 13, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

Been catching up on Psycho-Pass.  I let myself get kind of behind before because honestly the early episodes were a bit dull.  It's a strange sort of show, set in this obviously distopian future and yet the early episodes played out pretty much like any contemporary police procedural.  They weren't really using the setting, you know.  But I guess the early episodes did a good job of setting the stage, just think it could have been done in fewer eps.

But in the more recent episodes it all started coming together and things have gotten a lot more interesting.  I had faith that Gen Urobuchi would pull it together.  I'm quite enjoying the show now.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1892 on: February 13, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

I see psycho pass as an anime doonsbury.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1893 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »

Ok, so Kotoura is:

Legendary - ep. 1-4
Good - ep. 5
Ok - ep. 6

Well... I somehow knew it couldn't keep on being awesome... but I'm still bummed.

Also, what's with that ending in episode 6? I was like "wtf is that" the first 15 sec.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1894 on: February 15, 2013, 02:24:49 AM »

Whaaat

Episode 5 was probably the funniest.  It lacked "real" plot-driven content, but probably got the most chuckles out of me.  Gonna watch Ep 6 tomorrow though. so I'll see if I agree or just generally hate everything about your opinion (I actually thought 4 was pretty weak).

Meanwhile, Spring Anime Chart is up.  ... I'm just gonna wait for word of mouth before I try these titles though. >__>

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1895 on: February 15, 2013, 02:31:45 AM »

DBZ x Toriko x One Piece ??? Bwhaaaaaaaat?
Seriously, no matter how good or bad that is... I  must watch it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and watch Aku no Hana people. If it's anything like the manga, it'll be awesome.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:33:37 AM by Annubis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1896 on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:58 AM »

Azazel-san 2 for me.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1897 on: February 15, 2013, 02:58:54 AM »

I was worried Kotoura would loose steam since episode 4.  Episode 4 pretty much resolved all the drama in the show (faaaaaar too conveniently, I might add) and all that was left for 5 and 6 was the comedy.  Honestly I don't think the comedy in Kotoura is that great.  It's OK, sure, but nothing special.  There was a hint at the end of ep. 6 of more drama to come, though.

Switching gears, Spring looks fucking epic.  Shingeki no Kyojin is a must-see, I've read some of Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko and it's quite good, same with Hataraku Maou-sama.  There's more Nyaruko (fuck yeah!), more Railgun, and yes more OreImo too (don't judge me, it's funny shit).  Red Data Girl looks like it might be interesting but I don't actually know that much about it.  I'm also keeping an eye on Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru, another one I don't know too much about but I've heard good things.

Oh yeah, and there's the Hanasaku Iroha movie.  I'm going to have to get a copy of that somehow...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1898 on: February 15, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »

Honestly, I'm only excited for the Mecha shows, but good G-d, there are finally some mecha shows to watch! Can't wait until April!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1899 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36:59 PM »

Tetsujin 28-gao

Hell yeah!

5-minute shorts

Fuck no!

Also why do all the giant robot animes sound like Gundam wannabes? (don't answer this; its rhetorical). I guess they need to use the familiar set ups as the springboard for their own interpretations (with the inevitable failure to evolve from said source, or worse, devolve into a nonsensical clusterfuck that wastes everybody's time).

Also also, lol more Destiny SeeD remasters. How many more deaths will be retconned into idiots running themselves onto Kira's beamsword or into his Jesus Beams?

And speaking of Jesus, Saint*Onii-san movie, hell yeah.

Yamato, Advance of the Giants, more A Certain Lecherous Teleporter, and possibly the SMT anime are the highlights this season, with more Katanagatari and Mushibugyou being worth a look at least.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1900 on: February 15, 2013, 11:49:44 PM »

more Katanagatari

If there was actually more Katanagatari I would be all over that (loved Katanagatari), but they're just re-running the original.  Honestly I don't know why they even bother to list that kind of thing on the chart.

Besides which, Katanagatari didn't really leave a lot of room for a sequel.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2013, 12:02:11 AM »

Switching gears, Spring looks fucking epic.  Shingeki no Kyojin is a must-see, I've read some of Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko and it's quite good

yup those are the ones I am looking forward to as well. 
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1902 on: February 19, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »

Finished Mushi-shi, and I loved it from start to finish (so much so I bought it the next day!), such a "relaxing" show,lol. Decided to try Toradora and so far I am very happy with the choice and Little Lady and I are watching Honey and Clover as our bedtime show, so far it's pretty enjoyable.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1903 on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »

Finished Mushi-shi, and I loved it from start to finish (so much so I bought it the next day!), such a "relaxing" show,lol. Decided to try Toradora and so far I am very happy with the choice and Little Lady and I are watching Honey and Clover as our bedtime show, so far it's pretty enjoyable.

Hmm..  I need a new boyfriend.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 20, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »

I finished the Persona 4 Animation series today, and although I liked it, I definitely came out of it feeling like it'd be impossible to understand if you didn't play the game.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: