Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335251 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 291286 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1905 on: February 21, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »

News tidbit:
Director Shiotani Naoyoshi has announced on his Twitter account that they will revise the animation of Psycho-Pass episode 18. He apologized for airing the episode incomplete.

(I did not do this image, credit to someone on this planet somewhere)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:33:29 PM by Annubis » Logged
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1906 on: February 25, 2013, 11:05:56 PM »

News tidbit:
Director Shiotani Naoyoshi has announced on his Twitter account that they will revise the animation of Psycho-Pass episode 18. He apologized for airing the episode incomplete.

(I did not do this image, credit to someone on this planet somewhere)

it's funny cause I didn't notice those faces but I did notice it in some other parts and I was like what lol
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1907 on: February 26, 2013, 05:55:04 PM »

I finally started using the crunchyroll account I have had for years now... I am determined to evolve beyond my affinity for only dubs on account of only the cool stuff I can only watch subbed..... maybe soon I can join in on all the cool "current season" talk-LoL

For the time being though I am watching Humanity has Declined on CR and wow.... thats all I can accurately say thus far...

In non-sub related viewing, playing Ni No Kuni got me wondering about all the Ghibli stuff I turned a blind eye to throughout the years... recently watched ponyo and tales from earthsea...... neither really wowed me beyond the visuals though.... although ponyo's creeper of a father was cool....

Lastly I decided to rewatch the idiot adventures of photon earth.... man, I forgot how freakin' entertaining this one was for a quick watch.... ohhhhhh the wonderful anime of yesteryear how I miss thee.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1908 on: March 04, 2013, 08:34:18 AM »

Little Lady and I finished season one of Honey and Clover and we both simply loved every minute of it, a great cast of characters combined with a nice story filled with drama and comedy! AAA+++. I am almost finished with Toradora and I like it a lot as well and I watched a few episodes of Last Exile recently to change things up a bit, so far pretty enjoyable show.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1909 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »

Kyoto Animation has done some pretty impressive commercials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pel3lW4ZFBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NqRG88E-s8
They made this one recently.  Which is teeming and steaming with testosterone and large amounts of gay.

But damn it looks pretty.
Almost wish they'd follow through on some -- create original, non-school slice-of-life shows.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1910 on: March 07, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »

Koutura-san.

Return of the Inexplicably Bitchy Mother

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1911 on: March 10, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »

This is some seriously cool stuff.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1912 on: March 10, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »

This is some seriously cool stuff.

HJ Freaks is hilarious~!  n weird

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1913 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »

Ixion Saga DT managed to outroll itself this week.

- Not the same story
- Not the same characters
- Not the same world
- Not the same genre
- Not the same art style
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1914 on: March 15, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »

It's Makoto Shinkai weekend at Crunchyroll!  Meaning all of his wonderful films are available to watch for a limited time.  If you haven't seen them, then fix that!  The Place Promised in Our Early Days and 5 Centimers Per Second are my favorites.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1915 on: March 16, 2013, 03:36:23 AM »

It's Makoto Shinkai weekend at Crunchyroll!  Meaning all of his wonderful films are available to watch for a limited time.  If you haven't seen them, then fix that!  The Place Promised in Our Early Days and 5 Centimers Per Second are my favorites.

That reminds me, I watched the most recent one "Children who can hear the voices lost beneath the earth" (or whatever its called) a couple months ago and thought that it was actually fairly mediocre. Granted the visuals were nice despite the J.J. Abrhams level of bloom going around and going for the Ghibli feel didn't hurt it at times (like when the female tried to be more than rescue bait, and the oldschool feel in general), but the plot was a mess, filled with cliches and plotholes.

There were so many goddamn instances in the movie where something happens and then just stops and never comes back up again like the younger protagonist's village and friend who's entire screen time is dedicated to expositioning about the boy or the Illuminati agents who get ditched at the start of the adventure phase of the movie (I suppose that they needed to return to their home planet since they're no longer needed here). And of course all the Ghibli cliches are there, but even more so, as they weren't really part of any message so much as obligations to fulfill.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1916 on: March 16, 2013, 03:47:06 AM »

That reminds me, I watched the most recent one "Children who can hear the voices lost beneath the earth" (or whatever its called) a couple months ago and thought that it was actually fairly mediocre. Granted the visuals were nice despite the J.J. Abrhams level of bloom going around and going for the Ghibli feel didn't hurt it at times (like when the female tried to be more than rescue bait, and the oldschool feel in general), but the plot was a mess, filled with cliches and plotholes.

There were so many goddamn instances in the movie where something happens and then just stops and never comes back up again like the younger protagonist's village and friend who's entire screen time is dedicated to expositioning about the boy or the Illuminati agents who get ditched at the start of the adventure phase of the movie (I suppose that they needed to return to their home planet since they're no longer needed here). And of course all the Ghibli cliches are there, but even more so, as they weren't really part of any message so much as obligations to fulfill.

Agreed 100%.  It was obviously a love-letter to Ghibli, but it missed by a mile.
I think it would have been 10x better if a premise like that was made into a longer TV show; but the fact the plot is about this mysterious and wonderful "other world" but then spends the first 40 minutes in the human world there's little time for much else.  It was wonderfully creepy, then utterly fantastic, then.... nothing.  The ideas were bigger and more grand than the film could carry.

I also fucking hate plots that end...
Code:
"Oh, ok -- Bye guys!!  It was a grand adventure!  Well besides the fact I almost turned into a dead woman; and Teacher-Commando-Dickface is blind and I guess he's staying behind with people who shun him; and that poor little mute/dumb girl is gonna stay that way because her parents couldn't keep their pants on (for ____? reason); and that Ghibli-boy was alright."

*Real life*

I grew up a little!  Guess I learned something from whatever just happened.  Wait, what happened?  lol, silly me.  Off to school I go!

Also, I hate 5cm Per Second because after spending years wanting to hook up, they fuck it up because they can't get on fucking Facebook or some shit.  I find Makoto Shinkai overrated if it weren't for the fact he's got a great vision and eye for flare and fresh ideas.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:50:46 AM by Dice » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1917 on: March 17, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

Kotoura was all serious-ish this week. :(
Anyone else think the female detective was Manabe's mum?  They're a lot alike!

Also, anyone ever heard of Attack on Titan?? It's becoming an anime too soon... I dunno, this series sounds like it warrants a checking-out. :D

EDIT: Yes.  Yes it is becoming an anime, it has a pretty awesome PV too
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:44:08 PM by Dice » Logged

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1918 on: March 17, 2013, 05:14:39 PM »

A lot of free time this week, so I finished Honey and Clover (LOVED every minute), Ga-Rei:Zero (liked it a lot, didn't LOVE it, lol), seven episodes into Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (recommended to me by a friend, good call so far) and five episodes into Chihayafuru (which is so far AWESOME). Now back to work and a slow down on free time.

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1919 on: March 17, 2013, 05:21:19 PM »

Also, anyone ever heard of Attack on Titan?? It's becoming an anime too soon... I dunno, this series sounds like it warrants a checking-out. :D

Hey, I pointed out that show when the lineup for the Spring was first announced.  Believe I called it something like a "must see".  But nobody ever listens to me...if you did you would be watching Blast of Tempest by now ;)

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: