Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335295 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 291483 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: April 04, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »

Seems like Red Data Girl is really aimed at girls.
The opening is tons of guys with colors and hugs.
The main girl is shy, weak and psychologically and physically harassed + they force a jerk next to her. (20$ she falls in love with the jerk eventually)

I don't think I can watch more of this...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: April 04, 2013, 05:49:02 PM »

I watched it too, and yeah, it's not very good.
I feel like there is potential here, but it ain't happening (I'm also not really crazy about japanese folklore getting mixed into stories...).

The dad saying his daughter was his girlfriend was just weird and off-putting.

That kid is a bum and a jackass, and the guy with the helicopter was annoying.

And why the fuck is everyone so mean to the main girl????

I did like the artwork, and Masumi Itou doing the ending theme.  Haven't heard her in a while.
I might watch a few episodes, but if it doesn't pick up or start answering what the hell is going on, it's off.  Kishida Mel's art kinda translates funny into animation... don't it?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: April 04, 2013, 05:51:59 PM »

The main girl is shy, weak and psychologically and physically harassed + they force a jerk next to her. (20$ she falls in love with the jerk eventually)

B-but, it was designed to hit ALL the demographics!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: April 05, 2013, 05:42:29 PM »

B-but, it was designed to hit ALL the demographics!

Was it really...? =/

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: April 05, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »

Ok, I'm not even finished with the first episode of Hataraku Maou-sama! and I'm already sure I'm watching the whole serie.
It's just that awesome.

Majestic Prince can have my babies too. Been so long since there was a mech show. It looks good too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:14:30 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: April 05, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »

Thanks Annubis!

I like when this forum "highly recommends", I'm usually not let down by the good tastes.

I was pleasantly surprised -- for a goofball concept that sounds easy to make stupid, the humor was grand!
Dunno how much I like Emelia (or whatever) -- I hope she's not one of those chicks who is constantly angry the first half of the show then flustered the other half...

Our main hero turned "Japanese" very quickly compared to his demonic persona.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1956 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:36 PM »

Watch the official streams, guys.  Funimation got it.  Yes, they're usually a week or so behind but they will be airing it.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: April 06, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »

Just watched the first episode of Majestic Prince. It was okay. The show is kinda generic, and doesn't seem to really even be trying to stand out, but at least it's showing more promise than the last few mecha TV series we've seen, including the last Gundam. Action was good, and it didn't waste a lot of time, so here's to hoping it'll hold up, and maybe even surprise me in the end.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1958 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »

Gargantia of the Verdurous Planet has a very, very, VERY promising first episode. I loved every minute of it. Great establishment of the story, which was well-paced, had subtle introductions of characters, and some pretty cool action at the beginning. I, of course, love everything about the animation and the art style as well, including the mecha and character designs. And I especially love the twist on the lost-in-space/"Advanced"-man-meets-"primitive"-man type of story. I can't wait to see the next episode, this show seems like it's really going somewhere good!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: April 07, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

Watch the official streams, guys.  Funimation got it.  Yes, they're usually a week or so behind but they will be airing it.

will do

wonder who will pick up Attack on Titan
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1960 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:01 PM »

wonder who will pick up Attack on Titan

Nobody has announced it yet.  CR still has three "to be announced" shows this season, I was hoping they would get it.  But I think the first ep aired already and CR is usually pretty good about making the announcements ahead of time.  Funimation, on the other hand, has a history of waiting a few weeks into the season before announcing things and then putting up multiple eps at once to catch up...can't really blame someone for watching fansubs in that case if they haven't even announced it.  But Hataraku Maou was announced ahead of time so these things vary show to show...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1961 on: April 07, 2013, 09:13:15 PM »

Attack on Titan was pretty great.  I hate to be "one of those" but I do think it's better going into the anime with the manga in mind (available in the US or wherever you get your manga).  For a creepy, sad, yet hopeful story, the PG-13 vibe of the anime doesn't really hit at the same emotional gravity and overall fear the characters experience (of course, this is one episode, we'll see what happens with the next episodes) . Nevertheless, the artwork is great and the production values look pretty top-notch.

I don't recommend much, and I've loved the hell out of what people have recommended here, so this is mine -- please watch, but also read, Shingeki no Kyoujin/ Attack on Titan -- it's really intense.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: April 08, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »

So if you're waiting for legal streams of Shingeki no Kyoujin, it looks like it's not going to happen.

Why do companies do this?  Surely they must have realized by now that if you don't give people a legal alternative they're just going to pirate it...

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »

So if you're waiting for legal streams of Shingeki no Kyoujin, it looks like it's not going to happen.

Why do companies do this?  Surely they must have realized by now that if you don't give people a legal alternative they're just going to pirate it...

Pretty much.  Are they planning on releasing it on DVD eventually?  I don't know what they're smoking but with all the fansub sites out there, like you said, it's going to be heavily pirated.  How many are going to go back and actually buy the product after they pirated it an watched it?  Probably less than 5%.  Seems like a really stupid business move.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:14 PM »

I've read stats saying that music piracy is down something like 19%, and the change is being attributed to the growing availability and popularity of music streaming services.  I know it isn't quite the same thing, but I think it illustrates the point that if you make things available to people easily and legally, they're not gonna go out of their way to pirate it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: