Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341067 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 207 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 302551 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1965 on: April 08, 2013, 08:47:19 PM »

So I was reading the first chapters of Zettai Karen Children for kicks and I discovered a MAJOR PLOT HOLE *da da dum*

In chapter 4.5 it is said that Minamoto is a lvl 7 anti anti esper, although, they never really brought that plot point back.
Fast forward ~325 chapters and they made last season's Hyoubu ZKC anime.

In the anime, Andy uses his anti esper powers to stop Yugiri while Minamoto is at the scene. Minamoto's anti anti esper power should overrule.
So the author actually forgot his own plot point about Minamoto.

Ah AH!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1966 on: April 09, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »

Double post because "One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball Z Crossover" is as awesome and weird as it could be.
But seriously... we all agree that even Krillin could kill everyone in the two other shows, right?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: April 10, 2013, 12:59:02 AM »

Yeah, I went to watch the latest OP episode, saw that's what it was, and bailed.  Luffy's swell, and tough, and some kind of idiot savant, and I like his show, but he couldn't take the Dragon Ball crew.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1968 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »

Double post because "One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball Z Crossover" is as awesome and weird as it could be.
But seriously... we all agree that even Krillin could kill everyone in the two other shows, right?

That depends, does the "amount of talking till next move" counter get reset every time a DBZ character gets hit? If so then I think even Usopp could eventually take down Goku. :p

But really who cares about whether or not characters from each series could take each other down? What matters is how interesting the fights are....and sadly DBZ's fights are on average the least interesting fo the three, at least in my opinion.

P.S. Sunny from Toriko could probably take the DBZ crew with his most recent power up in the manga (because it is completely and ridiculously broken). I imagine the other three Heavenly Kings will be getting similiar power ups during the current arc.....so yeah.

Edit: Actually I just remembered Coco's current ultimate techniqu, so he he actually probably could win in a one on one fight against anyone in DBZ also. Only one who might be able to dodge that technique is Goku.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:40:09 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: April 10, 2013, 11:29:15 AM »

Some dude's cool One Piece tattoo:

http://i.imgur.com/t7e9jqY.jpg

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1970 on: April 10, 2013, 12:18:31 PM »

Whoa, now that is amazing. I like how his hand become's Luffy's hand.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1971 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »

Bad ass.  ANd I don't say that lightly about pop culture tattoos.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1972 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »

Red Data Girl Ep2

Better than the first, the guy is still an ass, but he's toned his shit down.  Wamiya, or that kid with the bowl cut Izumiko has a crush on (for some reason) is creepy looking.  I try picturing that dingball hair of his on a real person and it amuses me.

Anyways.  Good episode, good for the suspense, and some plot building leading up to ???????? (the show is good at dodging questions).

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1973 on: April 11, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »

That tattoo rocks! Not exactly the prettiest this I have ever seen as far as shading and execution but the placement and design totally make it freakin' awesome!!! **jealous**

On another note I finally got to reading the first volume of attack on titan. My impression? Best suggested reading in some time!! I went out and immediately got volume 2. I haven't been this excited about reading a manga since berserk.

In anime news I think I have really finally gotten over my problem with subs! I am actually pretty stoked about tuning into some of the newly airing series. There are so many that look tempting to me right now...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1974 on: April 12, 2013, 04:43:43 PM »

You know what, I was planning on only watching the Shingeki no Kyojin anime.  I hadn't read the manga, but I had heard really good things about it.  Still, it struck me as the kind of show that I would rather see animated, for whatever reason, so I patiently waited for the anime to come out.

Then I watched the first episode and loved it.  And I remember Dice saying you had to read the manga.  So my curiosity got the better of me and I took a look at the manga...next thing I know it's 4am and I just plowed through 10 volumes.  Woops.  Seriously addictive series.  Things are nowhere near as simple as they first appear...

PS: What's with the "Attack on Titan" name?  I was always a little confused about that.  I would think "Attack of the Titans" makes way more sense as a translation of "Shingeki no Kyojin"...but I realize now that "Attack on Titan" is what the author put in English on the actual manga.  Is this just an Engrishism or is there some deeper meaning there...

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1975 on: April 12, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »

I just watched the 2 crossover eps myself... while nothing spectacular I enjoyed it, although I wish supporting cast members got a little more screen time... That made me want to see the new DBZ movie-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1976 on: April 12, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »

Oh damn...
Noboru Yamaguchi (author of Zero no Tsukaima) died on the 4th and it was announced publicly yesterday.
The guy had been battling a cancer for some years and, after delaying it for a while, made the last season & last volumes of ZnT when he felt a bit better.
I can only imagine the dedication he had toward his serie.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1977 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:50 PM »

In recent years I haven't really spent the time to go find the buried gems amongst anime (Though the Gundam fanboy did drag me back to watch a horrible show) but I've recently begun watching Serial Experiments Lain, on recommendation to me because someone found out I was a fan of .hack//SIGN's pretentious symbolism, "before we're 50" pace, character development and all that good stuff nobody cares for.

Up to Episode 4 right now and I'm not sure what to think of it. It's certainly weird, but the show doesn't seem to particularly be about anything yet, it's just a lot of weird stuff happening. Going to go to the end to see if it pulls together in some way since it's a pretty short series.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1978 on: April 13, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »

You know what, I was planning on only watching the Shingeki no Kyojin anime.  I hadn't read the manga, but I had heard really good things about it.  Still, it struck me as the kind of show that I would rather see animated, for whatever reason, so I patiently waited for the anime to come out.

Then I watched the first episode and loved it.  And I remember Dice saying you had to read the manga.  So my curiosity got the better of me and I took a look at the manga...next thing I know it's 4am and I just plowed through 10 volumes.  Woops.  Seriously addictive series.  Things are nowhere near as simple as they first appear...

PS: What's with the "Attack on Titan" name?  I was always a little confused about that.  I would think "Attack of the Titans" makes way more sense as a translation of "Shingeki no Kyojin"...but I realize now that "Attack on Titan" is what the author put in English on the actual manga.  Is this just an Engrishism or is there some deeper meaning there...

Daaamn right son.
I hate to act like this, but the material is really different from any manga I've ever read, and like I said earlier -- it doesn't really feel like one either.

I'm enjoying the anime just fine, obviously still too soon to really judge, but I do thing the gruesome-factor (that looks like it may be "PG-13'd" or translated into a hot-blooded-action-anime) helps to really give the weight of the series: The struggle that humans are really using every last trick in the book just to survive, and the absolute terror these people live in (and displayed so casually in the manga of people in the streets getting gnawed on or showing a person with a missing head or a limb in a Titan's mouths).  It's clear the people in the comic are pretty fucked up and generally scared to even fight at all -- I mean, who wouldn't be??

Manga Spoilz:
Code:
And a big round of applause to the few "wham episodes" too:  Annie's identity was a strange and scary reveal (esp. when the "titan smile" came kicking in), the "stuff inside the wall" is just all sorts of degrees of fucked up and weird, and I *loved* how they just stuck in the true identities of Bert and Reiner for the bottom of the page.  Which reminds me: the books *deserve* a second read, hints about their identity are literally everywhere.

But none of that was more weird and eerie than the hairy-ape titan... the fuck is that thing???  For any Chronicles of Narnia savants, it sort of reminded me of Shift...

11 books in already though.  No idea where the fuck it can go.

Oh damn...
Noboru Yamaguchi (author of Zero no Tsukaima) died on the 4th and it was announced publicly yesterday.
The guy had been battling a cancer for some years and, after delaying it for a while, made the last season & last volumes of ZnT when he felt a bit better.
I can only imagine the dedication he had toward his serie.

I didn't like the series, to be honest, but I hate hearing when someone passes away even if I'm just familiar with their work.  Amazing he went through it all though.  So god bless, and may he rest in peace.  I was pretty sad to hear when Nujabes had died; I thought he was a great talent.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:20:07 AM by Dice » Logged

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1979 on: April 13, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »

I'm enjoying the anime just fine, obviously still too soon to really judge, but I do thing the gruesome-factor (that looks like it may be "PG-13'd" or translated into a hot-blooded-action-anime) helps to really give the weight of the series: The struggle that humans are really using every last trick in the book just to survive, and the absolute terror these people live in (and displayed so casually in the manga of people in the streets getting gnawed on or showing a person with a missing head or a limb in a Titan's mouths).  It's clear the people in the comic are pretty fucked up and generally scared to even fight at all -- I mean, who wouldn't be??

I don't know, the anime still seemed pretty gruesome.  Maybe not quite as graphic about it, but the content is definitely still there.  And we haven't gotten to the really horrible fights yet...

But seeing it in motion is beautiful.  The production values are great.

Manga Spoilz:
Code:
And a big round of applause to the few "wham episodes" too:  Annie's identity was a strange and scary reveal (esp. when the "titan smile" came kicking in), the "stuff inside the wall" is just all sorts of degrees of fucked up and weird, and I *loved* how they just stuck in the true identities of Bert and Reiner for the bottom of the page.  Which reminds me: the books *deserve* a second read, hints about their identity are literally everywhere.

But none of that was more weird and eerie than the hairy-ape titan... the fuck is that thing???  For any Chronicles of Narnia savants, it sort of reminded me of Shift...

I take some pride that I
Code:
totally called the whole Annie thing midway through the fight with the female titan.  Her attitude was always a little strange and I noticed the similarity in their fighting style.  Of course the fact that little details like that could be picked up on is a testament to the author's skill.

Bert and Reiner came out of nowhere for me, though.

11 books in already though.  No idea where the fuck it can go.

Seriously, this is one manga I definitely can't predict.  There are still so many unanswered questions...

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 207 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: