Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 04:12:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330207 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 196 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 274260 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2055 on: May 15, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »

Suisei no Gargantia episode 6 or How to do fanservice right.
That episode was one of the sexiest thing I've seen and yet, it kept it classy and not erotic.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2056 on: May 15, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

That episode was one of the sexiest thing I've seen and yet, it kept it classy and not erotic.

I don't know what it is about the series but I really like it so far even though barely anything has happened.  I think the "good feelings" in it are contagious...or some shit like that.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2057 on: May 15, 2013, 11:56:50 PM »

Sexiest anime scene I've seen is, of all things, a fucking haircut in FMP. I really wish I could say it proved you can be sexy WITHOUT cheap fanservice, but at the very end they showed some boobs anyway.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2058 on: May 16, 2013, 08:25:31 AM »

Funny thing is that I just watched that haircut scene a few hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pv4RDaR0YA
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2059 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:21 PM »

^ Do they ever hook up anyways or was it always just the will-they-won't-they?

Sousei no Gargantia
For a silly episode idea (it was effectively a stand-off for half an episode) it played out with quite a bit of intensity and had some interesting implications with regards to alien warfare that Ledo's life dealt with.  I like the sociological aspects too, the two completely different worlds that Ledo and Earth-humans deal with but are in a very similar environment, but with different circumstances. 
Ledo fights aliens as they fight back; and Earth-aliens and Earth-humans share a coexistence and mutual prosperity.  Bravo.  I see a THEME developing!!!
I also love the soundtrack.... but am totally numb to the op/ed of the series itself for being particularly uninspired.

...also worth noting, speaking our main girl's job of playing a messenger [?] girl in a hang glider, we rarely get panty-shots.  Yay!

EDIT: I was also praying that shit would 180 and Ridget would shoot that fucking squirrel.  I HATE ANIME CUTE THINGS.  Especially ones that serve little purpose beyond squealing "cute noises" when things get a bit quiet.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2060 on: May 21, 2013, 12:45:49 AM »

I'm usually pretty grim and going "This is the worst anime season ever" every season... but last season and this season were/are actually really good. I can't say I have any complaints overall.
Hell, after the eternal mecha drought, it's almost a flood now - which I'm fully fine with =)

I HATE ANIME CUTE THINGS.  Especially ones that serve little purpose beyond squealing "cute noises" when things get a bit quiet.

The best part of playing Tale of the Abyss was the constant abuse on the mascot character from Luke.
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2061 on: May 21, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »

Can anyone recommend a great manga/anime movie thats similar to or better than Ninja Scroll or Fist of the Northstar (2 of my favorites of all time.) 
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2062 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38:16 PM »

Can anyone recommend a great manga/anime movie thats similar to or better than Ninja Scroll or Fist of the Northstar (2 of my favorites of all time.) 

Try looking up Legend of the Black Lion (if I recall the name correctly; its either Black Lion or Ghost Lion but I think its the former). Either way its about ninjas, quests for revenge, and stuff I don't want to spoil for reasons you'll understand once you watch it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
freakyfreak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2063 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:03 PM »

Black Lion is alright!  I got it in my manga collection few years ago. Thanks for responding!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2064 on: May 26, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »

Loved the way Rozen Maiden progressed, wish it had all been as good as the ending episodes! Kaiba speaks to me for some reason, very unsettling show, and i started Say "I Love You" earlier, still too early to tell...I still LOVE Chihayafuru and Hanasaku Iroha is a VERY, VERY pleasant surprise.

Everything's Eventual
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2065 on: May 26, 2013, 07:03:46 PM »

Been watching a lot of Gundam SEED. Up through episode 25. I wanna do a drinking game where you take a drink every time someone cries, and two drinks if one of those people is Kira. Anyway, it's still fun, and I can understand why Kira is so emotional

Code:
pressure to keep his friends alive, guilt over not being able to save Flay's dad as well as the civilians on the transport ship

and at the very least he hasn't reached Shinji level of self-loathing and apathy. Flay is pretty much awful.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2066 on: May 27, 2013, 06:33:21 AM »

Fllay's an unlikeable character, but she's probably the few characters in the show that changes over time VS say, Lacus for whom the term "Mary Sue" was pretty much invented for. She's also one of the few aspects of the show that was actually an original idea out of the creators rather than just ganking an idea from the original MSG and updating it with modern "everyone's pretty" designs (At least it kinda makes sense in SEED since a bunch of them are genetically engineered, I suppose).

Hm, if you really like over-the-top action stuff, I personally recommend Getter Robo: Armageddon, if you don't mind big robots in your anime. It's one of those shows where you're simultaneously marveling at how awesome it is and laughing your ass off at the same time.

Been rewatching Code Geass myself. Watching the dub this time since I might as well mix it up. Been a few years but I still have the same problems I've had with the show as the first time I watched it. When it's good, it's really good, and when it's bad, it's really fucking bad.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2067 on: May 27, 2013, 09:58:42 AM »

Been rewatching Code Geass myself. Watching the dub this time since I might as well mix it up. Been a few years but I still have the same problems I've had with the show as the first time I watched it. When it's good, it's really good, and when it's bad, it's really fucking bad.

Yeah, that's Code Geass in a nutshell.
Syn
Shenanigans

MisterDBarton
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2068 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »

Watched all 6 OVA episodes of Time of Eve today. Loved it! I came across the Kickstarter campaign and checked the show out on Crunchyroll. With how much funding they are getting I really hope that helps them bring us a sequel :D
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2069 on: May 27, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »

Yeah, that's Code Geass in a nutshell.

Code Geass is one of those shows I'll probably never watch again due to seeing it once and knowing exactly where that crazy train went.

That said, I still do appreciate Kallen being the defacto Ace for the BKs even if the show fanserviced the hell out of her and Spinzaku overshadowed her in the latter half of season 2.

There just aren't enough female leads in giant robot animes or even females that don't end up solely as the token female or support fodder, so its nice to see a show buck that trend every once in a while.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 196 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: