Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:48:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334516 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 286154 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2250 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:15 AM »

Fullbring - Chad himself. They needed to explain him somehow.
Quincies - I'm absolutely sure it's heavily implied, if not explicitly stated somewhere within episodes 43-45. They also mentioned how the glove was considered archaic, implying that the quincies had obtained powers that exceeded it.

They also implied heavily several times throughout the entire Soul Society arc about the hollow power thing.

Really, if nothing else, he most likely had the ideas down.
Chad's powers were given origins....twice before the Fullbring arc. He was not in need of a third origin story. For those who weren't keeping track, originally his powers were latent spiritual powers (like Orihime's powers) that were awakened by being into close proximity to Ichigo because Ichigo is a freaking nuclear reactor that turns the people into superheros. Then his powers were essentially stated to be related to be hollow powers with no real description of how the heck that worked. There was really no clue or implication that there was more to Chad's powers then that. Side note, Chad as a fullbringer was always weird to me since it seemed to fit Orihime much better than Chad. Speaking of Orihime, I would say that her powers were in greater need of an explanation than Chad's powers because she has the freaking powers of God with no explanation as to why. While Chad's powers are completely unimpressive.....and comepletely irrelevant to anything that happens in the series (like Chad heyoh!). I could say the same thing about Orihime, but she is probably the Spirit King taking the form of a teenage girl.....because Bleach. *shrug*

As for Quincies I have to disagree because I am positive that it is stated outright that Ushida is the last Quincy. Having a freaking army of Quincies.....
Code:
And having Ichigo being a freaking Quincy also.
Does not fit with that.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:08:52 AM by Ranadiel » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2251 on: September 04, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »

Quincies - I'm absolutely sure it's heavily implied, if not explicitly stated somewhere within episodes 43-45. They also mentioned how the glove was considered archaic, implying that the quincies had obtained powers that exceeded it.

They also implied heavily several times throughout the entire Soul Society arc about the hollow power thing.

Chad's powers were given origins....twice before the Fullbring arc. He was not in need of a third origin story. For those who weren't keeping track, originally his powers were latent spiritual powers (like Orihime's powers) that were awakened by being into close proximity to Ichigo because Ichigo is a freaking nuclear reactor that turns the people into superheros. Then his powers were essentially stated to be related to be hollow powers with no real description of how the heck that worked. There was really no clue or implication that there was more to Chad's powers then that. Side note, Chad as a fullbringer was always weird to me since it seemed to fit Orihime much better than Chad. Speaking of Orihime, I would say that her powers were in greater need of an explanation than Chad's powers because she has the freaking powers of God with no explanation as to why. While Chad's powers are completely unimpressive.....and comepletely irrelevant to anything that happens in the series (like Chad heyoh!). I could say the same thing about Orihime, but she is probably the Spirit King taking the form of a teenage girl.....because Bleach. *shrug*

As for Quincies I have to disagree because I am positive that it is stated outright that Ushida is the last Quincy. Having a freaking army of Quincies.....
Code:
Does not fit with that.

Yeah.... I think the takeaway is that Bleach is an incoherent clusterfuck.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2252 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

Code:
Does not fit with that.

I don't think they ever said that Chad's were the result of Ichigo, so much as it came out because of being near Ichigo. They still had to explain why he had those latent abilities in the first place...but you're right, they never explained Orihime. That always bugged me.

And Ushida thought he was the last quincy, that they'd all been wiped out. Then in episode 43,
Code:
they explain that they had been experimenting on Quincies for decades, including Ushida's grandfather, and that the only reason they stopped was because the mad scientist in question was finished with his research on them. If that doesn't say "there are way more quincies than previously thought" I don't know what will...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2253 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »

Trying to make sense of Bleach is an exercise in futility . Tite has retconned it  to the point of utter retardation.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2254 on: September 06, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »

I like how the author of Zettai Karen Children told the fans straightly that he dropped a major plot element because as time went on, he felt the story would be better without it.
At least he admitted to it. He even drew a small extra comic about it.

(I referenced said plot point problem many pages ago because of the ZKC: Hyoubu anime)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2255 on: September 06, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »

Trying to make sense of Bleach is an exercise in futility . Tite has retconned it  to the point of utter retardation.

After the latest chapter...I'm inclined to agree. That post I made above about a blatant line in Bleach? Yeah, now I think even Kubo forgot about it...damnit man, stop making me look bad the one time I decide to defend you. :P

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2256 on: September 07, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »

After the latest chapter...I'm inclined to agree. That post I made above about a blatant line in Bleach? Yeah, now I think even Kubo forgot about it...damnit man, stop making me look bad the one time I decide to defend you. :P
Latest chapter? That was months ag......it is coming back in this Monday's issue isn't it? I don't know if I should I be glad that Bleach is finally getting this last segment of the final arc taken care of or if I should cry because it means I'll be reading Bleach again. >.>

On a completely unrelated note, I feel like now is a good time to remind people that there is now an official release of Shonen Jump (well some of it)! A year's worth of manga for 25 dollars! Current series include One Piece, Toriko, Naruto, Bleach (ugh), Nisekoi, One-Punch Man, World Trigger, Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, and color "reprints" of Dragon Ball Z. Last issue had the One Piece: Strong World one shot in it also. So go buy it, if you haven't already.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2257 on: September 07, 2013, 11:41:38 AM »

It's been out since at least the 4th, online at least. Viz might be a little behind, though.

Anyways, I know it's a little early, but has anyone else looked at the latest Negerate chart for the Fall Season? http://i4.minus.com/ibpdy6o55LnlmA.jpg

There's actually quite a few I'm interested in, 8 new series, to be exact. That's more than almost any other season since I've I've been keeping up with them (Fall 2010 on). Arpeggio of Steel, Coppelion, Kill la Kill, and Blazblue: Alter Memory have me most excited so far, and while I'm still waiting on trailers of Yozakura Quartet, Galilei Donna, Tokyo Ravens, and Samurai Flamenco, their descriptions have me interested so far. Then there's Outbreak Company, Nagi no Asakura, Log Horizon, and Bushiroad, which I'm not confident of, but I'll probably give them a shot anyways, at least for an episode or two each.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:43:15 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2258 on: September 07, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »

Hmmm, I hadn't looked yet but I don't think I'll like next season much. Can't complain thought because I adored the last 3 seasons.
Log Horizon sure sounds like a clone of SAO.

I'm gonna hope that the shows I've never heard of are great.
At worst there's Magi I'm watching for sure.

Was Valvrave good? I didn't check out season one =/
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2259 on: September 07, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »

From what I've heard, Valvrave was pretty bad but in a good way.

That said, after looking it up recently, everything about Kill La Kill looks fucking amazing. I don't know if it'll be amazingly good or amazingly awful but it will be amazing.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2260 on: September 07, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »

BTW, for like the fifth time, I shall sing praise to Space Brothers.
That show... THAT SHOW =)

How often do you have an anime which shows trauma, panic attack, ptsd, degenerative nerve disease; all in a completely realistic manner.
God I love this show.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2261 on: September 07, 2013, 02:40:01 PM »

That said, after looking it up recently, everything about Kill La Kill looks fucking amazing. I don't know if it'll be amazingly good or amazingly awful but it will be amazing.

If by "bad in a good way", you mean like it encompasses to awe of watching a trainwreck in slowmotion, then I'd be inclined to agree...otherwise, I'd personally say it was just plain bad. I'd probably put it down there with Linebarrel and Muv-Luv as some of the worst Mecha anime I've seen...

But Kill La Kill...that sold me on the art style alone. It looks so crazy, and it looks even crazier in motion! I feel like no matter how it winds up, it'll be fun to watch at the very least.

BTW, for like the fifth time, I shall sing praise to Space Brothers.
That show... THAT SHOW =)

How often do you have an anime which shows trauma, panic attack, ptsd, degenerative nerve disease; all in a completely realistic manner.
God I love this show.

A lot of people at the anime forum I visit love that show. I had been waiting for it to end before I started watching it, but now it's in the same pickle as Saint Seiya Omega - it's just too damn long! Unless it's, like, Top 10 material, I highly doubt I'll be able to stomach over 70 episodes...and the number's only growing...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:45:44 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2262 on: September 07, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »

If by "bad in a good way", you mean like it encompasses to awe of watching a trainwreck in slowmotion, then I'd be inclined to agree...otherwise, I'd personally say it was just plain bad. I'd probably put it down there with Linebarrel and Muv-Luv as some of the worst Mecha anime I've seen...

Yeah, that.

It was Majestic Prince that I was trying to describe.

Actually, a lot from Spring ended up fizzling out after a few episodes.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2263 on: September 07, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »

Yeah, that.

It was Majestic Prince that I was trying to describe.

Actually, a lot from Spring ended up fizzling out after a few episodes.

Yeah, you're right, AoT asside, there wasn't much from this Spring that stayed good. (I didn't even watch Attack on Titan, either...) It was a really disappointing season, actually...that said, Majestic Prince is at least watchable, and it's not exactly boring, so I'd take it over Valvrave.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2264 on: September 07, 2013, 11:13:12 PM »

FYI....From Up on Poppy Hill was freaking awesome!

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: