Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:00:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341062 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 207 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 302530 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2280 on: September 18, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »

I started watching Sword Art Online on toonami. It's pretty cool being the mmo nerd I am right now, having always desired to be my avatar in the games. It reminds me of .hack but more intriguing and less grim...given the situation of the story I could see how it's odd I say that. But yeah, I enjoy the hell out of it.

Just skip the second half.  You'll know when...

Yeah... I was debating between telling him or not =/
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2281 on: September 18, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »

You mean the part when they actually hook up? If so, I was looking forward to that. Idk what it is about sappy romances, especially on as shitty a basis as "he did something nice for me, I must have his penis", but they draw me in. I've always been a sucker for it.

Or are you talking about the next part with the new game, cuz that gave me a very Lunar SSS feel when reading about it (I also have no patience in regards to waiting for new episodes, so I wiki'd everything). Either way, when I get bored, I flip channels np. Plenty of new shit to watch. But thanks for the heads up regardless. Glad to see people look out for each other still :)

TASTY!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2282 on: September 18, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »

Well, the first part with the first game is great. You should watch it.
As you said, the show takes a dump when they hit 'the second game'.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2283 on: September 22, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »

Ok, went on a bender and watched all of SAO, and I enjoyed it. The whole theme of fairies and stuff for the second half wasn't really that odd, and the love story was very Lunar to me, minus the goddess trying to destroy all mankind and such. I just felt that it was very quick, and the in game ending battle was meh, though I secretly wished horrors upon the asshole for what he did to "Titania" (spoiler evasion). My only REAL gripe was...

Code:
The fucking incestual thing with his sister/cousin was way creepy on her behalf. Not something tbat needed to be there AT ALL.

I really hope they make another season of it. I would watch it in a heartbeat.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2284 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:36 PM »

Well, the first part with the first game is great. You should watch it.
As you said, the show takes a dump when they hit 'the second game'.

Yeah, I think I'm hitting that part in the show now. It just seems to be a slice of life in Keito's online harem. It's amazing at just how hard it is to take Asuna seriously at all and I continue to suspect that its nothing but downhill from here.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2285 on: September 23, 2013, 08:04:36 AM »

Ok, went on a bender and watched all of SAO, and I enjoyed it. The whole theme of fairies and stuff for the second half wasn't really that odd, and the love story was very Lunar to me, minus the goddess trying to destroy all mankind and such. I just felt that it was very quick, and the in game ending battle was meh, though I secretly wished horrors upon the asshole for what he did to "Titania" (spoiler evasion). My only REAL gripe was...

Code:
The fucking incestual thing with his sister/cousin was way creepy on her behalf. Not something tbat needed to be there AT ALL.

I really hope they make another season of it. I would watch it in a heartbeat.
I have no idea of what SAO is, so when I first read the post I assumed Stand-Along Complex. Needless to say the rest of the post was very hilarious to me in that context. :p
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2286 on: September 24, 2013, 04:12:08 PM »

so weird... I came here to report that I finally got around to watching the first 5 eps of SAO and was pleasantly surprised by it. It appears I am late to the party...

On a side note, I totally agree with the Lunar nostalgia D. And of course, one can't help but draw a .hack comparison. Watching this briefly put me in a mood to try to pick up .hack again... 2 nights of playing reminded me just how bad the gameplay of the first quadrilogy is. I think the .hack quadrilogy is going to be the first series I drop in favor of a "lets play" synopsis to move onto GU some day. That is a different topic for a different board entirely though.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2287 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »

So I finally got around to watching Dragonball GT.
About as good as I expected =/
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2288 on: September 24, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »

Totally on deck for me after rewatching all 291 eps of Dragon Ball Z this summer.

I know its gonna suck. I know it will suck with a capital SUCK.... But I am still pretty excited to watch it. I have a high tolerance for all things from the Toriyama universe even if he himself had little to do with it. Nostalgia factor I suppose.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2289 on: September 24, 2013, 07:44:22 PM »

so weird... I came here to report that I finally got around to watching the first 5 eps of SAO and was pleasantly surprised by it. It appears I am late to the party...

On a side note, I totally agree with the Lunar nostalgia D. And of course, one can't help but draw a .hack comparison. Watching this briefly put me in a mood to try to pick up .hack again... 2 nights of playing reminded me just how bad the gameplay of the first quadrilogy is. I think the .hack quadrilogy is going to be the first series I drop in favor of a "lets play" synopsis to move onto GU some day. That is a different topic for a different board entirely though.

The problem with the IMOQ series is that it's effectively one game spread out over four disks, and once you've gained Data Draining you've more or less seen everything the game has to offer gameplay-wise. And then it mostly becomes a matter of filling out the Ryu Books, trading, and tracking down virus cores for the next fifty-five hours.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2290 on: September 24, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »

Totally on deck for me after rewatching all 291 eps of Dragon Ball Z this summer.

The first half is descent, the rest is just so bad... You can feel that they had no plot and no idea.
Everyone but Goku is even more useless than usual. The power levels make no sense at all. The ending is pure shit too.
All in all, watch the latest Goku VS God movie. It's much better than this shit.

Since I'm sick, I think I'll keep on going through my old catalogue.
Starting Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. Haven't watched the original Bubblegum Crisis though.
If the show is any good, maybe I'll try hunting it down.

Actually, I just realized how many animes I have... damn... I don't think my 12 year old self that discovered anime would have ever imagined this.
To think that the first thing I bought was the movie version of Macross Plus... (it's pure shit, they gutted half of the 4 OVAs to make it movie format)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:53:39 PM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2291 on: September 24, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

The first half is descent, the rest is just so bad... You can feel that they had no plot and no idea.
Everyone but Goku is even more useless than usual. The power levels make no sense at all. The ending is pure shit too.
All in all, watch the latest Goku VS God movie. It's much better than this shit.

It's also more canon than GT.

Also the only things that came from GT that were worth a damn was the mini arc where the dead villains ended up fighting each other and getting rumbled for being so far behind on the power curve and the episode in which Goku gets abducted by the Home Alone bad guys and nobody giving any fucks if not outright laughing at the poor saps.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2292 on: September 25, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »

.....Wow I misread the context of this somehow and initially thought you were talking about DBZ. And yet the majority of the comments still work. >.> *runs away and hides in a bunker*
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2293 on: September 25, 2013, 01:08:01 PM »

@Annubis - Bubblegum Crisis is pretty good...just don't watch it Dubbed. That's the worst English dub I've ever heard...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2294 on: September 29, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »

I really like the Madarame harem arc in Genshiken Nidaime. He's by far my favorite character in the serie, so it's nice to have him as the center of attention for once.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 207 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: