Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341017 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 207 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 302232 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2340 on: October 25, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

Someone told me to watch something called My-Hime since I said I liked Madoka Magica.

Should I really watch this, because I watched this first episode and a lot of it was fan service.

I put it before the RPGfan Anime Council.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2341 on: October 25, 2013, 06:05:28 PM »

I thought My-Hime was OK.  Some interesting ideas, certainly not just a fanservice show.  Still, I wouldn't even put it in the same league as Madoka...

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2342 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:36 PM »

In answer to Symphogear:

Correct for season 1.
Woefully incorrect for season 2.

Someone told me to watch something called My-Hime

Personnally, I'd recommend My Otome any day over My Hime.
The difference is that My Hime is boohoohoooo all the time while My Otome has some actual humour.
Both are about as tragic in the end.
Oh yeah, Arika is also a much better lead than My Hime's useless dude.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:28:18 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2343 on: October 25, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »

Personally I thought My-Otome was rubbish, but to each his own...

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2344 on: October 25, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

Hmm.

Well, are there many anime's as clever and well told as Madoka Magica? I'm not interested in long-running or mecha anime though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2345 on: October 25, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Hmm.

Well, are there many anime's as clever and well told as Madoka Magica? I'm not interested in long-running or mecha anime though.

The only thing I can think of is Katanagatari.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2346 on: October 31, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »

Yay, One Piece is coming to Crunchyroll! Now I no longer have to deal with Hulu for new episodes! <3

Also...how long has Crunchyroll had Manga? :O If they keep adding Fairy Tail, I might go read some of that. They got a lot of Space Brothers, too...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2347 on: October 31, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »

Just started.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2348 on: October 31, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

Just started.

I see, I haven't been on there over a month, so I wasn't sure. Nice, hope it pans out better than the webcomic thing did.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2349 on: October 31, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

Is the manga reader any good?  I can't get a free trial since I'm already a premium member...(does that make sense to anyone?)

A lot of these online manga readers are pretty crappy...I tried using Jmanga back in the day to support the industry and all that and look how that turned out...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2350 on: October 31, 2013, 07:36:30 PM »

Is the manga reader any good?  I can't get a free trial since I'm already a premium member...(does that make sense to anyone?)

A lot of these online manga readers are pretty crappy...I tried using Jmanga back in the day to support the industry and all that and look how that turned out...

It's okay. Still has some issues to work out. It has one of those Magnifiers that always goes a set resolution, which sucks for me, since with my funky screen resolution, the full screen doesn't quite go full screen, instead having a White border along the bottom and sides. But if I magnify it, it cuts stuff off. Not that it matters, it goes back to the default every time your turn the page.

It also has this bar on the bottom that has your settings, Magnifyer option, Chapter select, and an orange bar that fills as you go through the chapter and lets you easily select which page you'd like to go to. On the chapter I tried, it never quite fills all the way up, even when I'm on the last page, and trying to click on the last page was difficult since I had to find just the right spot. I also noticed a slight loading time when trying to go from the beginning to the end, and when trying to load up the next chapter.

Overall, it's pretty fast, clean, and mostly functional. I've certainly used worse. I think I might continue using it, at least for Space Brothers and Fairy Tail. Speaking of which:
Code:
Did they just kill off Grey while he was distracted by Julia's idiocy? I mean, I can't imagine that they'd kill one of their best characters in such an embarassing way, but he did kinda get turned into swiss cheese...so if he lives, it's bullcrap. Kinda stuck in a bind there, Mr. writer...

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2351 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

Overall, it's pretty fast, clean, and mostly functional. I've certainly used worse. I think I might continue using it, at least for Space Brothers and Fairy Tail. Speaking of which:
Code:
Did they just kill off Grey while he was distracted by Julia's idiocy? I mean, I can't imagine that they'd kill one of their best characters in such an embarassing way, but he did kinda get turned into swiss cheese...so if he lives, it's bullcrap. Kinda stuck in a bind there, Mr. writer...

Code:
Grey's watch says it's Organ-less-O-Clock.

They'll probably do what Gundam AGE did have the next episode lead off with the character in question showing up only almost being impaled despite the new scene not really looking all that similar to the previous one.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2352 on: November 01, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

Code:

Code:

They'll probably do what Gundam AGE did have the next episode lead off with the character in question showing up only almost being impaled despite the new scene not really looking all that similar to the previous one.

*After Reading Chapter* Even Better:
Code:
A character sacraficed herself to turn back time...and only managed to turn it back one minute. But everyone gets to keep their memories, so Grey and 3 other people managed to save themselves from death...because they all died within the same minute apparently. (These must be some very coordinated Dragons...or maybe everyone's idiocy was just in sync =P)

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2353 on: November 01, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »

Code:

Code:

Code:
A character sacraficed herself to turn back time...and only managed to turn it back one minute. But everyone gets to keep their memories, so Grey and 3 other people managed to save themselves from death...because they all died within the same minute apparently. (These must be some very coordinated Dragons...or maybe everyone's idiocy was just in sync =P)

Code:
Did the character that activated the Omega 13 also get a mulligan?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2354 on: November 01, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
Did the character that activated the Omega 13 also get a mulligan?

Even better:
Code:
Yes. I mean, they could've retconned the entire arc when they destroyed the [s]tardis[/s] time door, thus saving everyone, but instead it just forces everyone back to their own time, while the heroes celebrate, and they make up some crap about her failing the spell, thus surviving instead of being sacrificed. Oh, but now she's an old lady, I guess that's close enough.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:26:03 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 207 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: