Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 204 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 295679 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2007, 01:17:16 PM »

Just watched the first 2 eps of Planetes. I've had the entire series for a while now, but I'm finally going to watch it through. I tried watching it and got halfway before I got burnt out on anime(happens when you watch too much in a short time.)

And X volume 1 should probably be here at the end of the week from Netflix.
Chibs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2007, 01:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I tried watching it and got halfway before I got burnt out on anime(happens when you watch too much in a short time.)

I know exactly where you're coming from there - I've been burnt out of anime for ages but I'm finally starting to get back into it!  

It's usually older titles that bring back the obsession though, for instance I watched a little bit more of Berserk this afternoon (am up to episode 8).  One of the best pieces of storytelling and character development I've seen in years.  When I try to watch anything "current", it never fails to disappoint me (apart from Death Note, which is brilliant, but I am planning to buy it so haven't seen as much of it as I'd like ;))

I'm new! Please don't bite me! ^_^
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2007, 05:49:15 PM »

Yeah, back in January, I watched all of Escaflowne, Elfen Lied twice, and some of Gankustuou...

I haven't watched Death Note, but I've read all the manga and enjoyed it.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »

Tales of Symphonia OVA.

Not bad.  Similar to Phantasia, high budget.  Mystical and pretty opening theme, sappy ending theme, some plot changes, but overall very nicely translated.  Offers the game, and some depth that the game lacked (for one, actual action scenes composed of more than a swining arm while talking and a battle stance)!! =D
...Genis can still go suck a dick, and Raine/Refill kicks ass.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »

X TV ep 0-3.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Tales of Symphonia OVA.

Not bad.
Hell no. It sucks.

I could find an anime with equal or better animation that's ten years old, and they're attempting to compress the entire storyline into a few OVA episodes - a surefire way to get things shot to hell. The animation is of a poorer quality than ToP (not surprising, considering it came from the guys behind the sinfully shitty Disgaea anime) and the characters aren't nearly as likable.

I will agree on one point though: Raine. Hotblooded chalk throwing action is awesome. I need to make that an animated gif and stick it in my avatar.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

Yeah, I've only seen the trailers for the ToS anime, but the in-game anime cutscenes look way better, and the game is 4 years older than the anime...
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »

Well, Death Note is finally over. Definitely one of the best anime/manga's I've ever watched/read.

Now I'm reading Bleach. I'm enjoying it a lot. More so than Naruto. Naruto has been pissing me off. Waiting 2 weeks for 20 minute episodes where barely anything happens. I know I can just download the manga, but I guess I don't care too much to do that.

The manga in America is going at such a slow rate that there's no point in reading it here. Even the anime in Japan is way behind the manga there.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2007, 11:57:04 AM »

Watched all of Claymore up until episode 14 (pretty much in two days). God I love this. As someone who was never impressed with Vampire Hunter D (either movie), I'm surprised at my own enthralment with Claymore. Totally excellent demon-slaying action, with a lot of well-told drama and pretty animation. Love-love.

Ashton: Concurred, except you need to go back way further to the mid-80's before you can start to see falloff as bad as Symphonia's. Tales of Eternia was six years ago on a TV budget and looks markedly better than Symphonia. It's also not a boring piece of shit. Go back even further to say, Slayers and they actually make better use of their budget. Symphonia's fucking bland.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
Well, Death Note is finally over. Definitely one of the best anime/manga's I've ever watched/read.

Question - how many issues of the manga does DN actually have?

I'm buying the English version....in Korea.

They're actually not too far behind, usually a month or two after release date. I'm up to issue 10.

I'm watching the remastered version of Robotech.

Jesus, Minmei is annoying. What the fuck did Hunter ever see in her anyway? Fucking pedo.

Southern Cross is as boring as I remember.

I'm about 1/3 of the way into New Generation and it's still my favourite.

Did anyone watch that Shadow Chronicles movie that came out a few months ago?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Quote from: "Fadedsun"

Question - how many issues of the manga does DN actually have?

I'm buying the English version....in Korea.

They're actually not too far behind, usually a month or two after release date. I'm up to issue 10.

You've only 2 books left!

"Oh, a hunter..."
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2007, 09:21:25 PM »

Recently finished Planetes, great anime.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2007, 09:44:46 AM »

Lets see...

My current obsession? D. Gray-man. I started with buying the manga (fuck you Viz, too many edits, inconsistant translations and 6 volumes behind, I should have bought the German release) and the 6th volume had a major cliffhanger and I just couldn't stand waiting any longer, so I started downloading the scanlations... :x I plan on watching the anime too, but I've heard it's filled with crappy fillers. I may even venture into the dark world of the fandom, but that will probably scar me for life.

Other current favorites are Genshiken, The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service and 20th Century Boys. And I read the final volume of Death Note a couple of days ago, nice ending, but frankly I had stopped caring somewhere after around volume 8. I'm glad it's over.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »

Been reading the Bleach scanlations. I'm up to the very beginning of the Soul Society Arc. I'm just reading through so I can get to the Arrancar arc and the current arc without having to watch the anime, which I stopped watching when the Soul Society arc ended over a year and a half ago.

Also reading a manga called To-LOVE-ru. It's another harem-ish manga, but I can't resist harem manga and anime for some reason. >.>
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

I just watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. It's one of the best animes I've watched not only in recent years, but possibly ever. It ranks up there with Totoro and Laputa for me. It's a must see.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 204 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: