Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331876 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 198 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 278570 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2460 on: January 03, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »

Two more episodes of Casshern Sins left, I have never enjoyed a show as much and yet taken so long to finish, simply drains me emotionally. Little Lady and I are almost done with The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo, we both like it a lot but don't love it. And on a whim today I started Nagi no Asukara which has caught my attention, but after two episodes hasn't hooked me totally.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2461 on: January 03, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »

Little Lady and I are almost done with The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo, we both like it a lot but don't love it.

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that show. I really liked what I saw, but never got around to finishing it. That was 3 years ago I think...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2462 on: January 08, 2014, 01:09:56 AM »

OK, Nagi no Asukara has hooked me, big time, loving this show. Decided to also restart Mushi-Uta which seems better this time around and still making my way through Great Teacher Onizuka which has lost some attraction to be honest.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2463 on: January 08, 2014, 01:38:46 PM »

Oh hey, I acually watched some upcoming anime for once instead of forgetting about them. Guess I'll share my thoughts:

Noragami ep. 1 - this is actually a good show so far. Some decent comedy here, and the action scenes were nice, too. The story seems like it might be more focused than I expected, which is good. Definitely gonna have to see where this goes.

Space Dandy ep. 1 - pretty much what I expected: silly fun, not much else to it besides that. Still, I could use some silly fun at that hour. I'll definitely try to keep up with this...especially so I don't have to watch it on AdultSwim.com again...

Nobunaga the Fool ep. 1 - It's rediculous, and I love it. I'm getting a Code Geass vibe, it's that rediculous!

Hamatora ep. 1 - I'm not gonna lie, half the reason I watched this was because the opening featured two artists I've recently come to enjoy (livetune and the guy from Galileo Galilei). I was a little apprehensive about the actual quality of the show, but now I think it might actually be pretty good. It seems promising, and judging from the powers on display, I'm confident the battles will be entertaining if nothing else. I really like comedy so far, though, and the characters seem likeable enough. It looks like the plot starts next episode, so I'll be looking forward to that.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2464 on: January 08, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »

Does anyone have anything nice to write about Super Sonico?

I watched episode 1 and it disgusted me... but not for the usual reasons.

Sonico
- is cutest
- lives alone
- is a university student
- has 5 cats
- works as a model
- has a job as a waitress
- plays in a band

And this is 1 I repeat ONE day in her life.
That is so unrealistic, it makes me want to puke.
I know you want your main character to be a Mary Sue, but she's like 7 Mary Sues duct taped together.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:17:58 PM by Annubis » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2465 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:12 PM »

Heh, I thought about writing something similar about Super Sonico, Annubis.  It's such a ridiculously naive and saccharine interpretation of the Japanese entertainment industry it makes friggin Idolmaster look like a hard-hitting expose by comparison...

After finishing the first ep I was just like, "WTF did I just watch...".

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2466 on: January 08, 2014, 04:39:33 PM »

I also forgot that she's the smartest in her class.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2467 on: January 08, 2014, 11:50:46 PM »

Annubis: I had a good chuckle xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2468 on: January 09, 2014, 12:38:16 AM »

I also forgot that she's the smartest in her class.

You also also forgot that she's the most powerful playable character in Super Heroine Chronicles (based upon the prerelease information at least).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2469 on: January 09, 2014, 07:03:57 AM »

Strange, I thought I posted here yesterday?

Monday's chapter of Bleach:
Code:
Mask de Masculine lives! He's going to die next week, but I don't care. He is awesome. He deserves a better fate than death by Renji as fodder.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2470 on: January 09, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »

More first impressions:

Witch Craft Works ep. 1 - I got desparate to pass the time and decided to watch this even though it didn't sound very good. God it made my head hurt, it was so stupid...

Hozuki no Reitetsu ep. 1 - That was...oddly pleasant. The characters were likeable enough, though I don't know much about Japanese folktales and traditions, so I'm missing a lot of references. I like how the main character is kind of a stand-up guy for once, and actually solves problems instead of causing them. The comedy kept me smiling the whole time, with a few chuckles and even a laugh or two as it went on. It's not brilliant like I had hoped, but I like it none the less. I think it'll be especially refreshing coming off of the craziness of Space Dandy.

Magical Warfare ep. 1 - So we have a main dude who is not frightened by a Girl with a Gun, not even when she's shooting at him, or a dude with a monster big sword, which he's able to fight off with a bamboo sword,
Code:
And he can kill a man and not even flinch or feel remorse.
Either this man has nerves of steel, or this show has poor writing. :P Thankfully I'm more in it for the action. Honestly, this is what I was expecting Hamatora to be...though I think I like Hamatora way more.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:52:38 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2471 on: January 11, 2014, 01:16:03 AM »

Now that I've finished Majestic Prince and this winter break is over, I've decided to pick up Log Horizon to fill the void. So far its interesting in a different way than SAO or dot//Hack were, in that it feels less like players are stuck in a game and made mortal and more like the game came to life and now its about trying to live in a world governed by video game logic instead of physical logic. That said, I'm only up to episode 2 so I'm still in exposition country right now. Could do without the assassin chick being loli-bait though.

And on that note. Episode 13 of Kill la Kill;
Code:
welp, I figured we would be seeing the mid-season curbstomp around this time, although I didn't see through the disguise (not that I didn't have my suspicions given how he didn't quite fit within the framework of the show, but I was hoping for more than just a one episode disguise given his shtick). Anyways, the Megazord has been trashed and the field trip arc is looking to be turning into a macguffin hunt. Additionally, I loved the fact that the upgraded uniforms for the field trip are those sportswear sweatsuits, and I had to 'wait, what' at the teacher's cellphone.

As for Princess Tutu, I've also hit episodes 13 & 14. The Swan Lake fight was awesome. Also the real villain has finally shown up.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2472 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »

Wake Up Girl grabbed me pretty hard with the movie + 1st episode.
I like how the art is realistic enough (no crazy hair color or whatnot) and that the girls are really at the lowest point possible as idols.
Should be fun to watch them slowly creep up their way (or so I hope).
Basically, the longer it takes for them to progress, the more I'd love the show.
(Just hoping they don't skyrocket to stardom... that'd be boring)

EDIT: Also, for the first time in 2014, I'll say yet again: Space Brothers is sooooooo good.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:02:35 PM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2473 on: January 12, 2014, 12:21:36 AM »

Space Dandy ep. 1 - pretty much what I expected: silly fun, not much else to it besides that. Still, I could use some silly fun at that hour. I'll definitely try to keep up with this...especially so I don't have to watch it on AdultSwim.com again...

After missing the first episode of this last week, I managed to catch tonight's episode. And you're right, I would put it definitely as stupid fun. Social media jokes and random references and puns everywhere. From the Evil Intergalactic Not-Google Empire hunting Space Dandy using their patented Galactic Google Streetview and their flagship essentially consisting of the decapitated head of the Statue of Liberty to visits to such ramen shops such as the Full Metal Ramelchemist. Hell, even the opening narration summed it up best "This is Space Dandy. Staring a Dandy. In Space. That's it.". That said, Spike Spegiel called, he wants his fighting style back (although he has yet to give it back to Bruce Lee). I suppose this means that a handful of episodes down the line will have something resembling a plot.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2474 on: January 13, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »

The Tonari no Seiki-kun short anime pisses me off for one single reason.
In the manga, it's mostly Yokoi's inner dialogue while in the anime she's talking and yelling (and nobody notices)
Why did they even feel the need for this change?

Another thing about stupid changes.

In Saki, they started the first episode later, then had flashbacks, then go back to the future (but before first episode time) to go back again in the past which when they are done with that segment, will probably skip to the future future.
In the manga, they present the events in order, but for some reason, the anime decided to fuck up the order royally.
It's so messed up that I, who read the manga and know what happens, had trouble following what the hell was going on.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:14:18 PM by Annubis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 198 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: