Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 285650 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2475 on: January 13, 2014, 10:53:05 PM »

The Tonari no Seiki-kun short anime pisses me off for one single reason.
In the manga, it's mostly Yokoi's inner dialogue while in the anime she's talking and yelling (and nobody notices)
Why did they even feel the need for this change?

Probably to make it sillier. Which I think works. I love how she gets herself into more trouble than Seki ever does, just from her reactions.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2476 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »

Little Lady and I finished The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo and all I can say is uhhhhhhh....what?....really? But having said that I did enjoy it. She picked out Noir for us to watch next, after 2 episodes I am, I think lol, enjoying it. Nagi no Asukara is still really, really good and to satisfy nt sports craving I started, and then marathoned 10 episodes of Kuroko no Basket,

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2477 on: January 15, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

Kuroko's Basketball is good stuff. A little weird and over the top, but enjoyable even for someone who doesn't normally enjoy the sport. Have you seen Slam Dunk?

My Crunchyroll Subscription expired, so now I'm trying to fill up my time with Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I watched some before, but I decided to start over again because I keep forgetting what episode I'm on. Up to episode 8 already, and I'm really enjoying it. The Empire is quite and interesting faction, though the best character so far is Yang from the Alliance, IMO. For a show that's been pretty serious, he's a bit of an odd duck, and utilizes such strange tactics.

But seriously, this is my 5th attempt to watch this show. Hopefully I make it into the 20s this time. Now that I've spent a whole year watching long series, maybe now I'm used to spending a lot of time on one show?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2478 on: January 15, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

Just finished my second watch of Bakemonogatari on DVD. Enjoyed it a lot, again.

Bought the first Sword Art Online manga the other day. Would have preferred to read the novels, but my Japanese simply is not good enough to enjoy it. But I've been quite interested in it, so thought I'd take a look at something I am actually able to read.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2479 on: January 15, 2014, 10:14:14 PM »

Bought the first Sword Art Online manga the other day. Would have preferred to read the novels, but my Japanese simply is not good enough to enjoy it. But I've been quite interested in it, so thought I'd take a look at something I am actually able to read.

Actually, the novels are getting an official English release.  I'm not sure what the current status of them is but I know they've been licensed.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2480 on: January 15, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »

Oh excellent! I'll look forward to them then.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2481 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:27 AM »

Never seen Slam Dunk Mickeymac92, and I agree Kuroko is way over the top, but I enjoy the show as much, maybe more, for the characters than the basketball. Only other sports show I have watched was Ookiku Furikabutte which was really, really enjoyable, oh wait that and Taisho Girls Baseball, which I loved (I don't advertise fact that I liked Ro-Kyu-Bu! LOL).

Everything's Eventual
Guttend

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2482 on: January 18, 2014, 04:56:06 AM »

Finished reading and am currently watching Eyeshield 21. Its based on American Football. I am loving it and will recommend it to everyone.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2483 on: January 19, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »

Episode 3 of Space Dandy: If you thought you couldn't stand Kill la Kill's level of fanservice, you're going to hate this show. That said, I love that the giant robot sported a pompadour and a Hawaiian shirt (this sucker's gonna be AMAZING in a future SRW). And with that said, anything else I could say about this episode would be NSFW.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2484 on: January 21, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »

Wizard Baristas Barristers is one of the most fantastically well-animated TV series I've ever seen.  Everything is so clean an fluid it feels like I'm watching a movie that's just been cut up into 20 minute episodes.

I just wish it was, you know, interesting...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2485 on: January 23, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »

http://youtu.be/tf_jt79czs4
Magi (in the 70s)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2486 on: January 23, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »

Whoo Magi! Now hurry up and catch up! :p
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2487 on: January 24, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »

I'm about 3 years late, but I finally watched Bakemonogatari after reading the light novel.

It was really quite fun and, pleasantly, lacked filler.  If anything, it removed some of the filler from the novel.  I appreciated the more minimalist approach and the use of color in the later episodes.

I think it's the only "harem" anime where I've found all of the girls likeable - read: not annoying - even if I think Kyomi  made some questionable decisions.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2488 on: January 25, 2014, 12:53:35 AM »

GeGeGe no Kitaro (60s version) is totes best thang.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2489 on: January 25, 2014, 12:57:10 AM »

Whoo Magi! Now hurry up and catch up! :p

Yeah yeah yeah... I think I will.  The comic is weird the first few pages in though...
Time to see what all the fuss is about anyways.  Is it going to wind down anytime soon though?  Not too crazy about starting stuff 3+ years befors it possible end-date (sorry Naruto, you were fun the first five volumes).

I'm about 3 years late, but I finally watched Bakemonogatari after reading the light novel.

It was really quite fun and, pleasantly, lacked filler.  If anything, it removed some of the filler from the novel.  I appreciated the more minimalist approach and the use of color in the later episodes.

I think it's the only "harem" anime where I've found all of the girls likeable - read: not annoying - even if I think Kyomi  made some questionable decisions.

Who knew a non-annoying harem was possible. :P
I hate some of the explicitly "sexy" content, but it is a pretty good show; it's dialogue heavy but manages to stay interesting.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: