Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 286938 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2610 on: March 11, 2014, 07:08:07 AM »

Well this week's issue of Shonen Jump was when they decided to celebrate the one year anniversary of World Trigger. So hurray for the best new series in Shonen Jump recently.

Now in One Piece.....my predictions on matchups have been horribly off so far. I think I have only really gotten one new match up right so far and that one is frankly still up in the air. I guess I can take some solace in predicting that Robin's power being a bad match up against Sugar's.....I just figured she would realize that. Have to say though that Usop's behavior at the end of the last chapter felt semiout of character as I thought he was supposed to have matured at least a little since the time skip....oh well.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2611 on: March 11, 2014, 08:46:06 AM »

I had a feeling my long post would disappear instantly with a new page ;_;
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2612 on: March 11, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »

I read it and added it to my Plan to Watch list. A little bit long for me at 35 episodes, but I'll get over it if the plot is good.

I just finished Hidamari Sketch x365 last night. That series is so heart warming. I can't get enough of it.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2613 on: March 11, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »

Does it help if I say I read it and got interested?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2614 on: March 11, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2615 on: March 11, 2014, 01:32:30 PM »

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2616 on: March 11, 2014, 01:47:27 PM »

Annubis, from your viewing of the original Orguss, it sounds like you'd like Yoshiyuki Tomino's less popular anime, but cool mecha designs in Aura Battler Dunbine. It's not Gundam or Macross, but you can def. see those similarities in the obscurity of a lost world, biological concepts, and cool mecha designs. ADV put out a boxset many years back, but I don't know if you can find the set nowadays.

I did love the follow up to Orguss in Orguss 02. I watched that OAV over and over on VHS in the mid-late 90's before DVDs became the next big thing in the early 00's. Plus Orguss 02 had one of the coolest openings to an OAV anime I've ever seen.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2617 on: March 11, 2014, 01:56:34 PM »

I've never heard of that one either. You've definitively piqued my interest.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2618 on: March 11, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »

Are you sure you watched what I'm currently watching, because the Orguss that I'm in the middle of watching had that goofy Emarian rule of "If you don't settle down and have kids by 17, you're off the female team." that kinda put a damper on the whole 'women not being treated as mere sex objects' thing. Not to mention the one off episode about the women's only society with Joan of Arc overthrowing Marie Antoinette.

Also, I have no idea about what you are talking about. Kei's pre-timeskip girlfriend being Macross's Minmey? That'd be like Zeta Gundam's Quattro being a Char. Totally not a thing. Totally.... ;<.<

And speaking of which, I'm currently up to the Kei and Athena's Excellent Adventure episode in Orguss.

Also also, I can't believe you didn't mention the show's soundtrack. Sure most of it is incidental BGMs but the opening and ending themes are great.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2619 on: March 11, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »

Are you sure you watched what I'm currently watching, because the Orguss that I'm in the middle of watching had that goofy Emarian rule of "If you don't settle down and have kids by 17, you're off the female team." that kinda put a damper on the whole 'women not being treated as mere sex objects' thing. Not to mention the one off episode about the women's only society with Joan of Arc overthrowing Marie Antoinette.

True, it is a bit harsh how they fail to be viewed as women after they fail to have a child (depicting a women as someone who's sole role is to have a child)
That said, in the anime it's shown more as the female's dream of landing a hunk and staying a women.
Except for Minmey, you don't really see other characters actively forcing one to marry and have a child. Even then, Sley is doing it because he's worried for her (and how others would view her would she not).
Looking at the twins, it's doesn't seem to be that life shattering if you don't (BTW, poor twins - if you remove the engineer, the leftover girl as a choice between a dragon and a geeser... yeah, they're turning 'male')

What about the Joan of Arc episode? It featured a matriarchal society where men are treated as useless. I'm not sure how it reinforces your argument.

Also, I have no idea about what you are talking about. Kei's pre-timeskip girlfriend being Macross's Minmey? That'd be like Zeta Gundam's Quattro being a Char. Totally not a thing. Totally.... ;<.<

No, that was referring to the naked chick in the Easter egg

Also also, I can't believe you didn't mention the show's soundtrack. Sure most of it is incidental BGMs but the opening and ending themes are great.

I'm not much of a sound guy, but I will admit I liked the ED song. It grows on you.

EDIT: Sweet! I decided that I would draw in MS paint something about the post that followed my 3000th one. Now I have to draw Quattro as Char.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:26:37 PM by Annubis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2620 on: March 11, 2014, 03:57:47 PM »

What about the Joan of Arc episode? It featured a matriarchal society where men are treated as useless. I'm not sure how it reinforces your argument.

EDIT: Sweet! I decided that I would draw in MS paint something about the post that replied to my 3000th one. Now I have to draw Quatro as Char.

It was just a goofy, one-off episode that I just wanted to bring up.

Also, congrats on your 3000th post, wherever it was made.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2621 on: March 13, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

Update for the week...Nagi no Asukara wasn't as good as last week, Kuroko was still awesome, Silver Spoon started a tad more serious arc if that is possible and dammit against my better judgement Prince of Tennis has hooked me hard! Have yet to watch current Z/X Ignition or Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren so will withold opinion for the moment. Myself ; Yourself almost brought a tear to my eye today though, episode 8...wow
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:59:35 PM by Bytor » Logged

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2622 on: March 15, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »

re Avatar, idk if the Fire Nation is supposed to be America but the whole military industrial complex with a misplaced sense of manifest destiny entrusting its future to a bunch of mentally unstable teenagers sure makes me wonder !!!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2623 on: March 15, 2014, 11:40:42 PM »

Been watching Kuroko's Basketball. I'm digging it so far.

Trying to resume Attack on Titan. The pacing in this show is beyond horrid.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is really good, though I'm around 70 episodes behind.

I'm still trying to find some anime to get back into. I was on the J-drama train for a while, but there isn't much that I like in J-drama land.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2624 on: March 16, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »

Finished up Arakawa Under Bridge x2. Such a funny show that sadly will never get a season 3 because of how manga adaptions work. Shaft does do a good job picking what to adapt though (or publishers generally do a good job picking them). Also finished the Excel Saga spin off, Puni Puni Poemey. It was basically the final episode of Excel Saga cranked into maximum overdrive. Now I'm working through another "On Hold" show with Seitokai no Ichizon.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: