Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 288908 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2625 on: March 16, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »

Fairy Tail is returning next month (PV here) and BoA is doing the theme song!
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2626 on: March 16, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »

BoA's song Duvet (Lain theme) has been on my work/tattoo playlist for like 6 years now... I freakin' love that song.

Many moons ago when I played in a band, I tried to get the guys I played with on board to cover it. My idea never did come to fruition....(bummer)

In terms of anime, I have nothing new to report and haven't in ages. Why???? Well because since last August the only thing I have watched has been Dragon Ball related crap... I watched all of Dragon Ball Z, then all of GT and now I'm about 75 eps in on Dragon Ball.

I think I'm finally gonna take a toriyama break and re-watch Chronicles of the Heroic Knight.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2627 on: March 16, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »

BoA's song Duvet (Lain theme) has been on my work/tattoo playlist for like 6 years now... I freakin' love that song.

Many moons ago when I played in a band, I tried to get the guys I played with on board to cover it. My idea never did come to fruition....(bummer)

In terms of anime, I have nothing new to report and haven't in ages. Why???? Well because since last August the only thing I have watched has been Dragon Ball related crap... I watched all of Dragon Ball Z, then all of GT and now I'm about 75 eps in on Dragon Ball.

I think I'm finally gonna take a toriyama break and re-watch Chronicles of the Heroic Knight.

Different BoA. I'm talking about the Korean pop star that did the ending 'Every Heart' for Inuyasha and the Tales of Graces opening theme song.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2628 on: March 16, 2014, 09:15:07 PM »

Oh man, I thought we were talking about Bank of America

;)

P.S.: It's Shinkai weekend over at Crunchyroll.  Watch some Shinkai.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:34:11 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2629 on: March 17, 2014, 12:06:35 AM »

Pssst!
Code:
IIRC they're two different bands.  One is from England, the other Korea.... I always second guessed myself there too because anime...and BoA being all sorts of bilingual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%B4a

But it's been on my playlist for years as well.... HM, that might make a good forum topic.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2630 on: March 17, 2014, 05:47:09 PM »

Kill la Kill: Episode 22. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRUe-gz690

Log Horizon: Episode 19. Man, this show needs to stick to the MMO╔conomics as that death and all the forced melodrama surrounding it was almost total and complete bullshit (not that it was any surprise at all given all the fuckin' death flags cropping up all over the place, let alone the setup or the fact that the opening spoilers it). Seriously, that's way too fast for an NPC to make it up to level 23 while still being that incompetent (let alone the logistics of an NPC becoming a PC to begin; all those mechanical tidbits early on and none of them really get into how something like that could happen except for the fact that NPCs have stats which doesn't make any goddamn sense for an MMO to have to begin with). The only possibility I can come up with that explains this episode's bullshit is if the character in question was a fixed NPC helper character like FFVI's Biggs and Wedge.

Soul Eater: Finished its run on Adult Swim/Toonami/whatever. Not bad by Shonen standards. Not great, but not bad. Anyways, the most important thing is that Black Lagoon is taking over its slot, which will be a vast improvement (even if neutered) over everything Adult Swim is showing now that doesn't involve some Dandy in Space.

And speaking of....Space Dandy: Episode Supplemental. Not quite as trippy as last week's episode, but the backgrounds in this episode had a nice black and white charcoal look to it (and the aliens of the week continue to look like geniality; well except for the ones made of paper). That said, its hilarious OP'd the Aloha-oy is compared to the Gogoal Empire (that or the Empire's fleet is basically made out of explodium; which begets the question of how these clowns are still in a war with a planet fielding the motherfucking Ideon/Ideon-ish knockoff).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2631 on: March 17, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »

OOOOOOoooops on the Boa confusion... between that and my repetition of calling "Logy", "Dodgy" lately I'm just all sorts of mistaken. LoL

Its ok though. I just wouldn't be me if I got these things right... Maybe I should switch my Ava back to my Photon "idiot" one...??? ( sarcasm here in case it was not detected. I do not in fact intend to come across as a debbie downer. thanks for the correction folks. friends don't let friends continue to be wrong)

Soul Eater: Finished its run on Adult Swim/Toonami/whatever. Not bad by Shonen standards. Not great, but not bad. Anyways, the most important thing is that Black Lagoon is taking over its slot, which will be a vast improvement (even if neutered) over everything Adult Swim is showing now that doesn't involve some Dandy in Space.

Soul eater didn't completely grab me but I did really appreciate Death the Kid. He proved a memorable character to me for some reason I can't recall...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2632 on: March 17, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »

Soul eater didn't completely grab me but I did really appreciate Death the Kid. He proved a memorable character to me for some reason I can't recall...

He had a decent gimmick going for him, which is a lot more than what most Shonen characters have. It also helps that his insufferable phase ranges from short to non-existent, which again, is a lot more than most Shonen protagonists have going for them.

solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2633 on: March 20, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »

Began Natsu no Arashi season 2. Also started reading Koji Kumeta's latest manga, Sekkachi Hakushaku to Jikan Dorobou. First chapter was pretty funny.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2634 on: March 22, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »

Every 3 months I say the same thing... always gotta be me that posts the chart:
http://i1.minus.com/igcbxHFvbhPpC.jpg

Dragon Ball Kai S2 - for sure
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to - most probably (good manga)
Love Live! S2 - saw season 1... sequelholic

That's about it for now. Hoping I'll be impressed by the stuff I don't know.
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2635 on: March 22, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »

I just finished up Gunbuster. It was pretty freaking awesome. It's got me really looking into 80's and early 90's anime now.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2636 on: March 23, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »

I finished Kuroko's Basketball. Getting past the absurdity of some of the skills, it's a really fun anime to watch.

For the spring season, I'm really looking forward to the Captain Earth series.

Also in the fall, I'm excited for the new Tomino Gundam series.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2637 on: March 23, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »

I finished Kuroko's Basketball. Getting past the absurdity of some of the skills, it's a really fun anime to watch.

For the spring season, I'm really looking forward to the Captain Earth series.

Also in the fall, I'm excited for the new Tomino Gundam series.

Wait. Sunrise suspended the restraining order they had on him in regards to the series (note: not actually a restraining order, but might as well be one given how much they hate him doing anything with the series)? Or are you referring to that OYW remake they're doing?

Spring looks like it'll have Giant Robots at least. Disappointed that Mahou Shojo Taisen will be a Pivix fest instead of having magical girls from actual magical girl anime getting together to defeat/befriend their foes in a massive crossover SRW style. The Great Saiyan Man will be getting the Kai treatment. Marvel's trying to do an anime thing again, lol. There's now an all female card battler anime, great. Still don't care about it or the other three kiddy CCG animes. Which brings me to the most important thing, which is that there will be Giant Robots this season.

That said, finished Martian Successor Nadesico. What a depressing way to end a series. Especially since it was such a fun show (and begot the younger female carrier ship captain archetype that SRW and other anime made use of in the following years; including Gundam, several times in fact).

Started up Full Metal Panic (again). I remember watching a few episodes of this years ago and had been meaning to get back to it for some time. Now that Nadesico's done (although I guess I should still go through that crappy movie), I figured another humorous giant robot series was just the ticket. So far, I indeed see that Gonzo worked on this show, given all the conspicuous CGI slathered all over the place. Also, I think Kaname's JP VA is the same one that's doing Kill la Kill's lead Ryuko (have not been able to verify thus far). Also also, Yokko Taro is still a solid ripoff of the A-Team's opening theme song.

Kill la Kill, episode 23. Almost done, but given the rate this show is going, I wouldn't be surprised it they had Nui pull the rug out from under Ragyo's feet (not that I would have to 'hand' it to her if she did given the events of this week's episode).

Log Horizon, episode 20. Still bullshit, but now even worse since they even admitted to bullshitting the pre-established rules. At least the situation was resolved in the same level of manner in which it was raised (even if it just made my issues with the bullshit reveal from last week even worse, because it's now clearly evident that no real finagling was involved prior to this week's episode, which makes the question of how an NPC could somehow become a level 23 wizard, on his own, with no real guidance or clue on what he's doing, in an Eastern MMORPG).

Utena, episode 22. And after 9 episodes of duels of the week, the plot starts moving again.

Space Dandy. Who's the Doctor? Are you the Doctor? The Doctor Who? Otherwise, an amusing take on the doppleganger conundrum that happens once a sci-fi series.

Started Black Lagoon. Nothing much to say about it so far, given that they haven't shot down the gunship with a torpedo yet. But I will give Rock props for at least trying to bring a gunship down by throwing his machine gun at it (before firing it of course).

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2638 on: March 26, 2014, 12:43:37 AM »

I name this season ending now, the season of retarded underlings.
Seriously, the bad guys are pretty bad in most of the shows I'm watching, but the underlings helping them at no gain at all are even stupider.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2639 on: March 26, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but the 35th anniversary for Gundam is promising a few things:

Unicorn 7 comes out in theaters in mid-May, finally drawing that series to a close.

Tomino returns to directing an all-new Gundam project after nearly 15 years with Gundam Reconguista in G (No that's not a typo), supposedly in the fall. According to Tomino, he has been working on it for about 3 years, and the earthquake and nuclear crisis in Touhoku affected the writing process. Supposedly geared towards both adult and child viewers, he has stated it deals with adults living in a nuclear age. The movie series (given the animation quality and the fact it's coming out in the beginning of the fall season that's what I'm expecting anyway) is supposedly set in the future of the Universal Century, where the protagonist serves in a force protecting a space elevator.

After god knows how long of rumor and speculation, Gundam: The Origin launches in Spring 2015 with the first movie called Casval of Blue Eyes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 02:52:34 PM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: