Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 192 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 264394 times)
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2640 on: March 26, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »

- Unicorn 7 comes out in theaters in mid-May, finally drawing that series to a close.
- Tomino returns to directing an all-new Gundam Reconguista in G
- After god knows how long of rumor and speculation, Gundam: The Origin launches in Spring 2015

Rad! Thanks for the Gundam update and video promos. I've been out of the loop of Gundam anime ever since Bandai stopped bringing over completed sets to the west w/dubs. I wanted to check out a blu-ray version of Mobile Suit Gundam UC, OAV but it's too costly for me to afford. I do know Playstation Network had subbed episodes available to rent in H.D. at a much reasonable rate, I just haven't got around to it. Anyway, glad to hear Tomino is back in the Gundam directing chair.

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2641 on: March 26, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »

My issue with Unicorn is that I gave up on it halfway.
The delay between them was way too much.

---

I'm watching Benmashi Cecil 11 and *clears throat*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The animation took a nosedive.
The episode is mostly stills.
Mouths don't move.
They even reuse the gun animation for the second shot. (EDIT: AND THIRD SHOT HAHAHA)

This is the worst thing I've seen in a long time.
Newsground makes better animation.

HAHAHA
Such beautiful buildings and landscape!
Truly, a majestic city!
(show the characters talking? Why would we do that)
(Now LOOK AT THIS NON-MOVING BUILDING!)

Let's also re-use the Cecil talking to her mother from other episodes.
I'm sure no one will realize.

Apparently 12 will be the same.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:14:58 PM by Annubis » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2642 on: March 27, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

So I found the post at the bottom of this page, and I gotta say, thanks, Annubis! I was hoping to put another Mecha series on the platter. I'm starting to run low on good ones.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2643 on: March 27, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »

Looking for something like Nodame so I started La Corda d'Oro, after 3 episodes I am intrigued....

Everything's Eventual
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2644 on: March 29, 2014, 03:23:33 AM »

You know, even after seeing it confirmed elsewhere, I STILL cannot believe that Bandai would let Tomino within a country mile of their Gundam franchise. I guess they must be really (and I mean REALLY) desperate to make Gundam anime relevant again after the fiasco that is Gundam AGE.

Anyways, Kill la Kill is over and done with, and I for one am going to miss this show. It was just so completely outrageous and doofy. The sight gags, parodies, and references to older mecha anime were hilarious as well ("Haha! Now everyone's clothes are immobilized!" "Ha! We've still got our mechs, and guess what? They can combi-"*ker-pwned*), and not quite as blatant as Space Dandy's "Somebody's fielding Ideon!?!?!". My only issues with the show were that it REALLY didn't have the budget to really go with what they were trying to do, and that the show's fast and furious pacing was a double edged sword (although its upsides were generally better overall), and the final episode in particular was probably where it was most evident.
Code:
If nothing else, the Ira x Mako boat never really got to leave the harbor despite all the context; even though the Ryuko x Mako boat somehow managed to sneak out into open waters, kinda. Also, while inevitable, it was still disappointing seeing Satsuki getting the Vegeeta treatment at the end.
Meanwhile, while she had a good run, I still don't think Ragyo manage to take the coveted Worst Parent in Anime mug from Gendo Ikari, though she did get really close for a while there (I'm willing to attribute this to her offspring being better able to put up with her bullshit than Shinji was with his dad's).

Either way though, here's to the series showing up in an SRW game, Ryuko's final form was pretty awesome (even if it was mostly a pallet swap), but it didn't get nearly enough screentime. And I either want to see Ryuko punching out Getter villains, Dr. Hell's Mecha Beasts, or some Gundam asshat (and also to see Mr. Teenage Mutant Kendo Monkey or the Nudist Beach guys do something other than suffering the Worf Effect like the buttmonkeys that they are). Not sure what I'm going to follow in its place next.

Log Horizon: Epi. 21. Annnnd we're back to the MMOeconomics. Now with Autumn flavor. Also, Shiore's gonna need a PR guy soon at the rate he's going (well aside from the one that's obviously one of the big six backstory shitwreckers).

Utena: Epis. 23, 24. Black Rose arc is done, now for a mindfuck and a filler episode. Next episode seems to have a very interesting looking car in it (or was it that the movie had the car?).

FMP: Epis. 3-6. Looks like the cats out of the bag now Sasuke. Also, this show could easily be done today without missing a beat, it just feels so half-assed or early 'aughts (which, while not as bad as today's anime, was still a pretty mediocre era) in spots. At the very least the conspicuous CGI wont be missed.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2645 on: April 01, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »

OK, finished Kuroko Season 2 , want me some more, want me some more, want me some more!!!.....finished Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: Heart Throb, cute, but damn first season was SOOO much better....finished Silver Spoon and it was a really well written, drawn and voice acted show, overall very, very good. Now onwards to the never ending Prince of Tennis, lol

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2646 on: April 01, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »

Hope you enjoy Prince of Tennis. IIRC, it can be pretty divisive. (I know it's one of the few anime I've seen that I actively dislike, for instance)

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2647 on: April 02, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »

Forgot to post about this week's issue of Jump yesterday (and no I do not mean the scanlations that came out today).

One Piece
Code:
I love Kyrios. He is awesome. He cut his own leg off just so he could save his king and has continued fighting despite everyone having forgotten he existed. The Usop/Sugar fight was kind of a meh conclusion, but I don't mind too much as I am exited to see the shit hit the fan as everything Joker has done over the course of his reign is undone next chapter.

Naruto
This arc has just gotten even stupider. The chapter in isolation is alright I guess, but it really messes with the whole idea of Naruto being a failure at the beginning of the series. Mind you that idea has sort of been gone for a while, but moving even further away from it isn't something I really care for.

World Trigger
Whoo new fights starting between high powered opponents.

Stealth Symphony
This series is starting to get interesting. Going to have to see where it goes from here though.

Bleach
Yay Kenpachi, boo this fight. I can already tell this fight is going to be stupid/bad.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2648 on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »

Finished a few shows lately, so while looking for something to watch when I need a break from Prince of Tennis I discovered Sword Art Online and Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time, both look interesting so far...

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2649 on: April 04, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »

I must confess I'm a little surprised to see somebody say they just "discovered" SAO considering how big a deal it was a couple years ago...oh well, I'll give you the same advice I give everyone: Watch the first half and the stop ;)

In other news Crunchyroll got streaming rights to "The Irregular at Magic High School", aka the show of the season.  I declare before the season has really started.

Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2650 on: April 04, 2014, 11:16:47 PM »

Will keep that in mind, and honestly reason i just "discovered " it is I seldom , at least until lately , watch anything simulcast or new at all. I despise having to wait on episodes, I wanna watch it at my pace.

Everything's Eventual
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2651 on: April 05, 2014, 02:52:57 AM »

First episode of Mushishi s2 came out and I didn't even know it was a thing that was happening. With Jojo also out should be a good weekend.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2652 on: April 05, 2014, 03:07:00 AM »

Started Madoka Magica in place of Kill la Kill. Unfortunately, I wish I could go into this without knowing just how this is going to go down, but everybody and their brother has been speeling the beans on this since day one. Either way, its gonna be a fun fun ride.

Log Horizon Episode 22. And now Shiore has a love triangle.

Utena Episodes 25-26. My god! Its full of subtext. The real Utena starts here.

Full Metal Panic. I forgot just how mediocre this show is outside of Sousuke's shenanigans. I could probably drop the rest of this since I've caught up to where I originally started. Then again, I should probably stick with it until the end for easier segwayage into FFUMOFU!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2653 on: April 05, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »

Will keep that in mind, and honestly reason i just "discovered " it is I seldom , at least until lately , watch anything simulcast or new at all. I despise having to wait on episodes, I wanna watch it at my pace.

I prefer to watch at my own pace, too, but for the past few years I've been trying to keep up with shows every season...and failing miserably every time. This time I'm just going to stick to two or three shows and see if I can stick to them (Captain Earth, Broken Blade, and Knights of Sidonia if I can find it). I don't know why I even bother, though, since I'm more of a retro anime fan to begin with. I guess it's just because then there's more to talk about. I know most of the places I go to people will hardly ever talk about anime that's more than 5 years old...even Gurren Lagann is starting to fade from peoples' consciousness now that Kill La Kill exists...

...I do wish I could talk more about old anime, though. Heck, just yesterday I was tempted to start watching Full Metal Panic just because I haven't finished it yet and Aeolus was watching it, so I thought maybe we could start a conversation about it. Then I remembered that I don't even really care for it and I only ever watch it as a pallet clenser (I've made multiple attempts and never get very far before I move on to something else), which I don't need right now, so I crossed it off my list and decided it was finally time to watch Kill La Kill and Log Horizon...only to wind up continuing Legend of the Galactic Heroes since I discovered that I still had the tab open since December (...yeah...). Now I'm up to episode 13 in that. Episode 12 leads into another battle so that should be cool. Didn't seem like episode 11 accomplished much of anything, though.

Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2654 on: April 05, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone: Watch the first half and the stop ;)

Man I hope I am of a different opinion, because so far I absolutely love this show!!!

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 192 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: