Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335286 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 202 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 291432 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2715 on: April 30, 2014, 02:00:50 AM »

I love Mahouka but I don't think it's anything remotely like SAO, so I don't know where that came from.  But then I've also read the novels so I know where it's going.  The anime has barely even scratched the surface so far.

Similar protagonists?

Ehh. I've got nothing really. I was being half facetious to begin with so feel free to ignore me on this one.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2716 on: April 30, 2014, 02:03:06 AM »

Dammit, so I am gonna watch this for nothing!!! Oh well, I'm sure I have watched worse...

Everything's Eventual
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2717 on: May 05, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »

Yay! This week's DBZ Kai had one of my favorite line in the serie
You had sex with a robot ? (Goku wondering about Krilin and 18's daughter)

Not the exact translation. I don't remember which version had it written like that.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2718 on: May 05, 2014, 10:44:06 PM »

OK, time to try something new (for me) so I started Yowamushi Pedal (I like watching bike racing, well the Tour de France anyhow) and Maoyu and so far I like the former and I am loving the latter

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2719 on: May 07, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »

This week's One Piece manga has one of the greatest Usopp gag faces ever.  Majestic. 

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2720 on: May 07, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »

http://youtu.be/mkanHSvFq3Q

I'm sorta just sitting with my mouth partially open when I just found out that Jojo ending used "Walking like an Egyptian" by the Bangles for its ending theme.

And given the style and 'swankiness' of the show...and the 80s... it's almost a perfect fit.

I miss Roundabout. But I can't deny, it fits.

Pacing is feeling pretty slow this season. And it seems a lot more by the book battling, where last season Joseph wasn't afraid to break the rules and bring a tommy gun to a kung fu fight. Or a fighter plane(I hope old Joseph gets some moments this season, I know he's like 70, but he hardly seems like the same guy). Still, Stands are hella cool and it sounds like they just get better as things go on and instead of 'this one has a sword' and 'this one punches fast' you start getting stands with some really weird powers.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2721 on: May 08, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »

Finished Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail on Blu-Ray. Wow was that OAV gritty. I thought it was a little gritty for the first 24 episodes of the 2x12 episode series, but they def. turn it up a notch to expand Roberta's arch. Rock learns to have a "devil may care" attitude when trying to organize crime in Roanapur.

Overall, it was a fun trip to return to the Black Lagoon series to find out what happens after season two, The Second Barrage. I still enjoyed the ride gritty content and all.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2722 on: May 10, 2014, 02:00:56 AM »

Madoka Magica Episode 6: No Sayaka, you're not Zombies you're merely Liches.

World Conquest Zevzda Plot: Started this in place of Log Horizon. Four episodes in and its better than it ought to be. It's basically like watching Team Rocket from the perspective of Team Rocket, choice of apparel be damned.

Utena Episode 33: Utena finally got into the car. Episode 34: Also, have the plot, served black. If you didn't catch the metaphors by now, its time for you to go back and rewatch the series.

FMP? FUMOFFU!: The Sousuke/Kaname comedy hour. Pretty much the highlight of the series right here and vastly superior to FMP S1.

Attack on Titan: Only the first episode and I'm already wondering what's the point of this anime if they're not actually going to bother animating the scenes from the manga.

Black Lagoon Episode 6: Come for the Revi bloodbaths, stay for Rock getting all straight-faced businessman on somebody's ass.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2723 on: May 10, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »

FMP? FUMOFFU!: The Sousuke/Kaname comedy hour. Pretty much the highlight of the series right here and vastly superior to FMP S1.
I'm not sure how far into Fumoffu! you are, but look forward to the episode with the rugby team.  Sports is my favorite genre of anime and manga, and that episode had EVERYTHING I WANTED in a wacky anime sports story. 

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2724 on: May 10, 2014, 05:21:06 PM »

I'm not sure how far into Fumoffu! you are, but look forward to the episode with the rugby team.  Sports is my favorite genre of anime and manga, and that episode had EVERYTHING I WANTED in a wacky anime sports story. 

I'm already past that and into the first episode of Tessa's troll roll (basically, I just watched it last night).

But yeah, that episode and Bonta-kun are the best parts of Fumoffu, especially when they make it into an SRW game.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2725 on: May 10, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »

Mekakucity Actors continues to be great.  I think it's easily going to be my favorite show of the season.  Why is nobody else talking about it?

In other news I started rewatching Toradora...again.  Despite (or maybe because of) all the anime I watch, I hardly ever rewatch shows.  But for whatever reason Toradora is a show I keep coming back to.  I'm not going to argue that it's the best anime out there or anything, because when you get down to the details it's pretty predictable and trope-heavy.  But it's filled with fun characters and solid humor.  And perhaps the most remarkable thing is that it's a romcom with actual decent pacing.  Characters develop, stuff actually happens.  Crazy, I know.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2726 on: May 10, 2014, 11:48:46 PM »

I oddly agree with this.

Anyways, I zipped through Fate/Zero since we got it on Netflix.

Reaaalllly love the lore and the animation --- UFOtable *killed* the look of the series, details were everywhere.  I don't really care for how they draw people (it's kind of generic), but the colours and effects are perfect for a series of its esteem[?].

It suffers some of the usual anime gibberish, some silly platitudes, all-but-subtle characters, and everyone cries at some point, but overall I really, really liked it --- and I rarely bite into anime anymore these days.  So I will definitely look forward to the new anime out this year for it (apparently based off "Heaven's Feel", a popular arc).  I had to do some reading on the characters, not everything feels *too* explained.  But I do love that they did a 40 minute introduction episode nonetheless.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2727 on: May 11, 2014, 02:50:55 AM »

A few of the fumoffu eps are pretty bad. But when it's good it's fucking great. The haunted hospital, Sousuke not giving a fuck and Chidori getting pissed at him for it is my favorite one.

In other news, Jojo Punched the Shark this week.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:53:38 AM by Raze » Logged
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2728 on: May 11, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »

I oddly agree with this.

Anyways, I zipped through Fate/Zero since we got it on Netflix.

Reaaalllly love the lore and the animation --- UFOtable *killed* the look of the series, details were everywhere.  I don't really care for how they draw people (it's kind of generic), but the colours and effects are perfect for a series of its esteem[?].

It suffers some of the usual anime gibberish, some silly platitudes, all-but-subtle characters, and everyone cries at some point, but overall I really, really liked it --- and I rarely bite into anime anymore these days.  So I will definitely look forward to the new anime out this year for it (apparently based off "Heaven's Feel", a popular arc).  I had to do some reading on the characters, not everything feels *too* explained.  But I do love that they did a 40 minute introduction episode nonetheless.
Fate Zero is actually the  prequel to Fate Stay Night. It is also written by Gen Urobuchi (Modaka Magica) . UFO table really did a great job on the series, and kept it faithful to the light novels.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2729 on: May 12, 2014, 02:45:14 AM »

Finished watching all of Toradora for like the 5th time.  Only took me 3 days...it's amazing that even after seeing it so many times (plus reading the original novels) and basically knowing it by heart I can still get hooked.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 202 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: