Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 11:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331472 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 277202 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2925 on: August 21, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »

10/10
Would bake again

How many loaves of bread have you eaten?

That's pound cake.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2926 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2927 on: August 21, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »

Welp, the big tournament in Kuroko is over.  Now do they end on this note even when they could go further forward (Slam Dunk method), or do they make a team of all-stars and take on AMERICA!? (Eyeshield 21 method)

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2928 on: August 26, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »

So I feel like I have to comment about how amazing this week World Trigger (the one officially released yesterday, not the one that gets leaked tomorrow) was. I really love this series. It is amazing, and the end of the war arc is finally in sight. Awesome aftermath for last week's battle, and I look forward to seeing the aftermath of the attack at the end of this chapter. Would be my chapter of the week were it not for One Piece having a great ending (and teasing that we might finally have Robin fight someone of merit).
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2929 on: August 31, 2014, 07:36:30 PM »

Every week Adnoah Zero manages to top the last minute of the episode before.
Those constant cliffhangers are amazing.

I think it's pretty safe to say it will be my anime of the season.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2930 on: August 31, 2014, 08:31:43 PM »

10/10
Would bake again

How many loaves of bread have you eaten?

That's pound cake.

Poundcake!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1GJxVmYv-E

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2931 on: September 04, 2014, 03:23:27 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/X7WLpqF.jpg

You're slipping Annubis, I don't want to be the new guy to post these every season.

Anyways, a bunch of season 2s have already pertained to my interests, let alone some of the less crappy new stuffs.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2932 on: September 04, 2014, 05:37:56 AM »

Fate/kaleid 2wei is the shit.  It's amazing how this show can have episodes of total silliness where nothing much happens (though they're still amusing) and yet also have some of the best friggin fight scenes I've ever seen in anime.  Best show this season ;)

And while we're on the topic of next season, the new Fate/Stay Night is finally here!  I'm totally psyched to see what Ufotable does with it.  Been a real wealth of Fate animes lately.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2933 on: September 04, 2014, 08:22:03 AM »

You're slipping Annubis, I don't want to be the new guy to post these every season.

Anyways, a bunch of season 2s have already pertained to my interests, let alone some of the less crappy new stuffs.

I'm waiting for the chart that has Kancolle.
I just can't find it ;)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2934 on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:32 AM »

Urge, the most mecha I've seen in one season and only one of them interests me. Well, better than none at least. Also, World Trigger yay! Might check out Fate/Stay Night and Inou-Battle if I feel like it. Psycho-Pass S2 looks cool, but I gotta see the first still. Otherwise nothing else interests me.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2935 on: September 04, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog

Under the Dog is behind on its Kickstarter and only has 70hours to go. 
I'd fund if I wasn't poor; I'm sick of the usual anime and would love to see something different (ie not based on a light novel).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:16:21 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2936 on: September 04, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »

I'm waiting for the chart that has Kancolle.
I just can't find it ;)
It is not a fall anime anymore. it was moved to winter season at the earliest.
glassjawsh
will argue out of boredom

"You're pretty punk, Steve" - Dolphin

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2937 on: September 04, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »

I see that there is already a (3 year old) thread about it, but I'd just like to re-iterate that Now and Then, Here and There is probably the best Anime this side of Cowboy Bebop.  It starts out lighthearted and then takes one of those From Dusk til Dawn style out of nowhere mood shifts a few eps in.  It goes from "lolz school bullies..womp wommmmmp" to "holy shit all those children just got murdered and I'm pretty sure that one girl got raped every day for months on end".  Brilliant brillaint stuff.

Also I just caught the Blade of the Phantom Master movie on Netflix.  It was intriguing (and dark, as per my usual anime tastes) enough to really pique my interest.  The history and mythos of the world they live in is really well fleshed out (at least in the manga). Such a shame they've never made the manga into a proper television series.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:08:00 PM by glassjawsh » Logged

You're wrong, Frank. I'm not a kid, I'm a man. I am gonna get you better, and then I'm going to beat you to death!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2938 on: September 06, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »

So I just noticed (not sure how I missed it before) that Kiseijuu is getting an anime next season.  Got to say that I'm pretty surprised.  In case you don't know, Kiseijuu is an old sci-fi horror manga.  It's pretty good, but it finished its run back in 1995 and as far as I am aware was never made into any sort of franchise property beyond the original manga.  So it's interesting (and kind of refreshing, honestly) that they would dig it up to be animated now instead of something more recent.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2939 on: September 06, 2014, 08:34:35 PM »

I see that there is already a (3 year old) thread about it, but I'd just like to re-iterate that Now and Then, Here and There is probably the best Anime this side of Cowboy Bebop.  It starts out lighthearted and then takes one of those From Dusk til Dawn style out of nowhere mood shifts a few eps in.  It goes from "lolz school bullies..womp wommmmmp" to "holy shit all those children just got murdered and I'm pretty sure that one girl got raped every day for months on end".  Brilliant brillaint stuff.

It wasn't smart of me seeing that series in the span of one or two days with depression years ago. That said, it was still an interesting series that I manage to appreciate the value of what it was doing.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: