Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4620 on: August 28, 2017, 02:24:46 AM »
As for Aintz's final battle
Spoiler: show
 well he flat out states his character wasn't  built around being good at pvp, and that there were plenty of people out there stronger then him based on skill/ build set ups . He made up for this somewhat by being a hardcore cash shop player. The only reason why Aintz won that battle was that his opponent was a moron, and he knew her personality well. If  Aintz had to fight her 10 times he would lose 9/10 times because she is an absolute hard counter to his class, so Aintz really had to go ham with all the P2W hax,  the batman level bull shit, and everything had to go his way on top of all that in order for  him to win.

And thus we arrive at the moral of this story, in that Whales always prosper and you should go be a Whale too, lest you get sucked into Gacha Hell as a pitiful and undignified F2P scrublord.
Tis the law of the jungle of most Asian "Free to Play"  games ;_; "The weak become grilled-meat meals for the strong."       

He never says any of that, though. Ever. I've seen the final battle 3 times in both languages, it's never really set up. :/
That is why I said the  anime adaption is a shameless cliff notes version of the light novel. It really doesn't go into details about anything, just a general bare basic outline.  The rushed pacing after the adventures 's arc does not help matters any.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:33:41 AM by Chronix112 »

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
There's a side plot in the end-game content of Neptunia 3 where Neptune and gang have to save the world from lazily designed, free-to-play, mobile cash grab games. I found it amusing.

EDIT:

Angel Beats update! I'm currently on Episode 6 (don't really binge watch anything these days) and this is a really strange show. It focuses so strongly on gags and goofs yet still manages to just be constantly more and more depressing. I kind of like that about it.

Oh yeah, and the OP is a real earworm.

EDIT 2:

Can confirm. Angel Beats is a great anime for when you want to feel sad about everything at all times.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 12:13:45 AM by Klutz64 »

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: August 31, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »
Watched 1-7 of Scrapped Princess. Its a pretty fun road trip, fantasy anime w/ a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Sort of like El-Cazador in a way only a bit better.

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: August 31, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
^Ah, right. That might actually explain why I can't find it streamed...damn Cable Monopolies...

I've been watching it subbed on Crunchy Roll. I don't have cable, and don't want to pay for FUNi's streaming service. I do prefer the English dubs when it comes to Dragon Ball because Goku and adult Gohan's voices are so irritating, but I have to go the cheaper route for now.

Speaking of, I just finished the Future Trunks arc in Super and it was great! Probably my favorite DB story arc since the Saiyan arc that opened DBZ.

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: September 01, 2017, 10:47:21 AM »
Speaking of, I just finished the Future Trunks arc in Super and it was great! Probably my favorite DB story arc since the Saiyan arc that opened DBZ.

Most of the fights ended up great despite some huge liberties being taken with power levels.
Spoiler: show
Thought  Goku Black had potential to be a great villain until it was revealed his core motivations were nothing more then being just another generic supremist villain

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: September 03, 2017, 07:35:31 AM »

Angel Beats update! I'm currently on Episode 6 (don't really binge watch anything these days) and this is a really strange show. It focuses so strongly on gags and goofs yet still manages to just be constantly more and more depressing. I kind of like that about it.

Oh yeah, and the OP is a real earworm.

EDIT 2:

Can confirm. Angel Beats is a great anime for when you want to feel sad about everything at all times.

Key has perfected this kind of anime.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: September 03, 2017, 07:44:21 AM »
I watched Log Horizon a few years back, but, like Hathen, forgot most of it.  According to my notes, the first season was "entertaining fluff", but the second season had very slow pacing, and lacked an interesting conflict, so I dropped it.

The 2nd season got all festival-y and harem-y. And we never did get that Nyanta arc.

I'm admittedly intrigued by A Centuar's Life. I'm just worried what I see in that anime can never be unseen.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: September 03, 2017, 11:03:56 PM »
I'm admittedly intrigued by A Centuar's Life. I'm just worried what I see in that anime can never be unseen.

If you want some of A Centaur's Life, I suggest reading the manga.

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: September 12, 2017, 12:11:20 AM »
Buckle up people, Aria's getting DUBBED
"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: September 12, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »

Works for me. I always felt Aria was the kind of relaxing show you could fall asleep to....I mean that in a good way, honestly. <_<

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: September 13, 2017, 04:47:12 PM »

A dub? I can dig it.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: September 13, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
Whenever people are asked what fiction universe they'd want to live in, they usually reply stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek or Lord of the Ring...
I want to live in the universe of Gundam Built.

I mean, if Gundam model battles are the most important thing in the world, you just know every problem ever has already been solved.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: September 13, 2017, 07:07:51 PM »
Whenever people are asked what fiction universe they'd want to live in, they usually reply stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek or Lord of the Ring...
I want to live in the universe of Gundam Built.

I mean, if Gundam model battles are the most important thing in the world, you just know every problem ever has already been solved.

Actually watched the two episodes of Gundam Build Fighters: Battleogue without watching the rest. Had a good time, at least with the excessive fan-wankery.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: September 19, 2017, 11:25:27 AM »
All of the Is The Order A Rabbit? merchandise exploding onto Ami Ami recently has me really wishing/hoping for a third season to the anime, most likely in vain.

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: September 23, 2017, 07:03:43 AM »
Sakura Quest had a really nice ending and left it open for a couple OVAs. Favorite anime of 2017 so far.