Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal

Dincrest

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Anime/Manga Journal
« Reply #4785 on: June 02, 2018, 10:27:08 AM »
I'll +1 that Cowboy Bebop is one of the few anime that's better dubbed than subbed.  I've watched it both dubbed and subbed, and it's one of the only anime where I prefer the English dub.  The stars must have aligned, because everyone was on point. 
"Yes, there's lots of things to do if you're not so busy huffing and puffing."
     -Leonard the Wolf (Sesame Street)

"People are really really good at making themselves unhappy in their pursuit of happiness." -Arvis

Der Jermeister

• Taking a Breath of the Wild
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: June 03, 2018, 01:43:00 PM »
I finished the second season of Ruroni Kenshin. The protagonist sort of reminds me of Batman with his no-kill policy, and there are definitely some great battles. I'm watching the dub, which I don't mind, since there are some occasional ethnic-looking and sounding Japanese, alongside characters like the broomhaired guy who sounded like a Southerner, reminding me too of Disney's Robin Hood where the Sheriff of Nottingham had a Southern drawl.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: June 03, 2018, 05:55:28 PM »
I finished the second season of Ruroni Kenshin. The protagonist sort of reminds me of Batman with his no-kill policy, and there are definitely some great battles. I'm watching the dub, which I don't mind, since there are some occasional ethnic-looking and sounding Japanese, alongside characters like the broomhaired guy who sounded like a Southerner, reminding me too of Disney's Robin Hood where the Sheriff of Nottingham had a Southern drawl.

Rurouni Kenshin's second season is still one of my favorite arcs in battle anime.

Also, really digging your new avatar, Der Jermeister.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: June 10, 2018, 10:53:38 PM »
SAO pink bunny edition - episode 9:
They just had to have something rapey in there...
It's like a tradition.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: June 10, 2018, 11:22:35 PM »
SAO pink bunny edition - episode 9:
They just had to have something rapey in there...
It's like a tradition.

...well, that's a series to take off my "To watch" list...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Greganox

• View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: June 13, 2018, 07:19:21 PM »
Recently on Netflix I had the good fortune of re-watching both Full Metal Alchemist series. I still prefer Brotherhood but both are excellent imho.

On youtube I've watched a lot of clips of the Big Green and Speedy dubs of the Dragonball Z movies. Both have a so bad its funny vibe to them.