Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 02:03:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329378 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 196 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 270562 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

I watched episodes 3-5 of Kino's Journey today. They were pretty good the railroad one was the worst. The Traveler named Kino voiced by Christ Patton did an awesome job and he did a pretty good job singing that song.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 02:54:24 PM »

Began watching Hajime no Ippo (the official US title is Fighting Spirit I believe), and was surprised to find that I actually enjoyed it. It's a pretty basic shounen story in that the main character is a young boy (Ippo) who is working towards a goal - in this case becoming a boxing champion. I don't really know anything about - or care about - boxining "in the real world", but I'm really captivated by the story anyway. One thing I really like about it is that the main character's reason isn't something like to get revenge, or just to become stronger, like in many other similar show. No, here he does boxing because he enjoys it, and because it gives him friends and self-confidence.

Another thing I find interesting about it is that the show apparently will chronicle Ippo's boxing career over several years, and not only focus on him as a young boy. I'm really looking forward to see how his success in the boxing ring will change him as a character.
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 01:58:36 AM »

Been following Ergo Proxy since it reminds me of Texhnolyze, except not as good. It always bothers me how some shows have this incredible nosedive in animation quality after the first episode. And this show is one of them.

Also started watching Honey and Clover since somebody on here (Hidoshi?) said it was good. After the first 2 episodes, I'm kinda liking the show. Reminds me of Chobits for some reason.

Also started on Mushishi since I heard it was really weird. And V-Dawg likes his anime weird as fuck.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 06:46:12 AM »

I watched two more Kino's Journey episodes and they were the coloseum ones.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

Quote from: "V-Dawg"
Also started watching Honey and Clover since somebody on here (Hidoshi?) said it was good. After the first 2 episodes, I'm kinda liking the show. Reminds me of Chobits for some reason.

After you've watched some more, come back and tell me what you think of Hagu in Honey and Clover. I only watched five episodes or so of the show, and while I found it enjoyble for the most part I just couldn't watch more due to how Hagu was idolized by some of the male characters for her very youthful appearance/personality and general meekness. It just left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2006, 06:29:52 AM »

My friend wanted to get into anime so I'm going back through Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Wing. I did just buy Paranoia Agent, so we'll be into that soon.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 08:43:34 AM »

Fate/Stay Night is surprisingly good.

Saber's pretty hot.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 03:35:25 AM »

Started watching Now and Then, Here and There.

I was surprized that I watched 8 episodes in one sitting- the plot really reached out and grabbed me. I look forward to how they conclude a story like this one in 13 episodes. One thing that irritates me, however, is the art. The characters all look too simplified to me, and Lala just plain freaks me out. I have to say the one part that really widened my eyes is when

Code:
Sara kills the soldier and escapes.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 10:24:06 AM »

I've already read up to Volume 11 of Fruits Basket. Temptation is my weak point. ^_^;;

The whole Tohru being the light in the Sohma family lives thingy was getting a little repetitive. Fortunately, now that Akito's role has been introduced as what it really is, things are begining to seem a little more interesting. Would write more but I'm feeling a little sleepy now. It's good to see that Yuki and Kyo's characters are growing up. Also, I love Momiji. He's an adorable kid with a big heart and more courage than most characters. It's a shame to see his smiles grow sadder as the story progresses.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2006, 11:12:06 PM »

I finished Kino's Journey and I finally get to finish Zeta Gundam up eventually since I got the last DVD today. The country with the books in Kino's Journey was really abstract and weird.
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 01:25:28 PM »

So watched  the first episode of the new Disgaea anime, and it was nice, loved how they used most of the game's music in this one. And it's actually very true to the game, including the funny next episode previews.
Finally I can watch something new until Bleach and Naruto return to the actual manga story, don't really care about the fillers.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 12:15:40 AM »

Eureka 7 continues to enthrall me even at around Episode 34. The characters are nicely developed and the story never really drags past the initial beginning of the series. On a related note, I just got my Eureka 7 DVD 1 Special Edition and it's much nicer than I expected.

I've been watching Mushishi as well. I find it best to watch it one episode at a time and let that episode sink in a day or two before the next. I'm up to episode 10 and I'm very interested to see where it will go.
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 07:23:11 AM »

I finished Zeta Gundam and the ending was great but...
Code:
Until the last few episodes I still didn't think that many people had died and all of a sudden  characters died so quickly. I also feel sorry for Kamille and what happened to him.
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »

I started watching Samurai Champloo and I quite enjoy it. Just watched the first five episodes, and I'm about to go watch some more.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 01:00:30 AM »

Fate Stay Night 14

Code:
Te one time Archer got to kick ass, he died. Not funny.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 196 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: