Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327294 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime/Manga Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 191 Print
Author Topic: Anime/Manga Journal  (Read 262623 times)
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: May 14, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

I watched five episodes of Eden of the East back to back, after hearing about it in this thread. One of the most enjoyable animes I've seen in a while. I love all the film references that Takizawa makes!

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
MrClean

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: May 15, 2009, 08:12:56 PM »

Almost done with Noir.

Anyone watching any anime from the spring season? It seems like Eden of the East is the only one worth watching.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site but couldn't pass up this opportunity to recommend Basquash! It is the most fun of any series that I can remember watching in recent memory.  The characters are a lot fun and the show has a great line between taking itself seriously and poking fun at the genre (shounen sports shows).  It also does really good in not trapping itself into a specific role and has a tremendous amount of room for growth.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: May 18, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »

I should probably check out Eden of the East, it seems to be getting a pretty good response.

I'm currently watching Gundam Seed and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, only a few episodes in on each.

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: May 18, 2009, 10:42:48 PM »

How's Gundam so far? My cousin's obsessed, but it doesn't look all that interesting to me.

I've been re-watching Cowboy Bebop lately. I forgot how much I love this show. Also, seeing this uncut for the first time makes it even better.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: May 19, 2009, 01:19:19 AM »

How's Gundam so far? My cousin's obsessed, but it doesn't look all that interesting to me.

It really depends on which Gundam you're talking about.

All I've seen was the first season of Gundum 00 and it was fairly awesome.

I still need to sit down and watch the second season.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: May 19, 2009, 02:46:03 AM »

I should probably check out Eden of the East, it seems to be getting a pretty good response.

Yes, Yes, Yes.

That and K-ON! are the greatest things this season.

Gotta watch Cowboy Bebop sometime....

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: May 19, 2009, 07:36:56 AM »

Finished Noir recently. The second half made up for it's first half. I still prefer Madlax to Noir because of the stiff cast in Noir.

Finally started Gundam 00 S2 again. I was watching it as it came out, but I hate waiting a week to watch an episode. I'm glad this series starts off fast compared to season one.

Started Shikabana Hime via ANN TV. First episode had a lot of style, and I'm not expecting much substance. As long as it stays entertaining, I'll keep watching.

I'll also be starting FMA today, as I never really gave that show a chance.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: May 19, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »

It really depends on which Gundam you're talking about.

All I've seen was the first season of Gundum 00 and it was fairly awesome.

I still need to sit down and watch the second season.

Yeah, Gundam 00 is what I meant, sorry. I'll hafta check that out.

The only other Gundam series I've seen is Gundam Wing, when it played on Cartoon Network's Toonami. I liked it as a kid, I dunno if it holds up.

kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: May 20, 2009, 03:08:30 AM »

I've been re-watching Cowboy Bebop lately. I forgot how much I love this show. Also, seeing this uncut for the first time makes it even better.

It's been pretty good so far, holding my interest fairly well, hopefully that will continue since I'm only about 8 eps in and it's 50ish total I think.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: May 21, 2009, 01:21:56 PM »

Finished Noir recently. The second half made up for it's first half. I still prefer Madlax to Noir because of the stiff cast in Noir.

Finally started Gundam 00 S2 again. I was watching it as it came out, but I hate waiting a week to watch an episode. I'm glad this series starts off fast compared to season one.

Started Shikabana Hime via ANN TV. First episode had a lot of style, and I'm not expecting much substance. As long as it stays entertaining, I'll keep watching.

I'll also be starting FMA today, as I never really gave that show a chance.

I should watch season two but I can wait for the dub for that (especially with my current lack of time).

Unfortunately SH wont remain entertaining for long.
Code:
The otaku monk dies halfway through and with him anything redeemable about the cast/show.
Also don't expect to see anything ever in that show. You're not. Its black on black coated in black about 90% of the time with the remaining 10% entirely spent looking at talking heads.

FMA rocks! That is all. (Btw which FMA are you referring to?)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: May 21, 2009, 08:09:22 PM »

First FMA. Only thing I liked when I saw it on [as] was the music. Ed and Al are still annoying to me, but I don't have much anime to watch these days.
N-Sef
Dinner! Dinner! Dinner!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2009, 03:09:34 AM »

I've been on a Mecha binge lately, all I watch is new Super Robot shows that play out like stuff from the 70's. My latest exploit has been into the world of awesomeness that is Godannar. Man I love this show, characters are overdramatic and hilarious and the mech's are so generic that they're charming. Great fun.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:35 PM »

Decided to take advantage of some of these online sties like Hulu.

First up Slayers. Then after that Slayers Next.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2009, 07:39:03 PM »

Wolf's Rain...sucks. I have no idea how I made it through 27 episodes, but I couldn't watch the last 2.5 episodes. I got tired of watching these fuckers walk around for 22 minutes.

Recently started rewatching Azumanga Daioh subbed. Shit is still funny though I only finished this a year ago (I rarely rewatch anime unless I haven't seen it for two years, but there are exceptions.)

Still chugging through Gundam 00 S2. I want to marathon it, but I still need to download the last six episodes.

Started Ai Yori Aoshi through Netflix. It's what I needed after watching something shitty like Wolf's Rain.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:26 AM »

I've been watching Aeon Flux and The Maxx.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 191 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: