Author Topic: Have you ever returned a game you bought? If so, which game was it?

Esper_Crusader

• I love you, Dr. Zaius
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever returned a game you bought? If so, which game was it?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
Final Fantasy X-2 is the only one that comes to mind. I've since acquired it again due to it's solid combat system but the first time I bought it I was all "WTF is this shit!?"
Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
Oh yeah, I returned Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, but that was because it was labeled as just "Viewtiful Joe" when I bought it from Hollywood Video. I bought VJ1 proper from a Sears clearancing it later.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 02:52:47 PM »
No, but some I wished I had. I never could get into Drakengard, and I bought the collector's edition of FFXII and never opened it.

Never opened it?  I know FFXII is a divisive game, but how can you judge it without playing?

dyeager

• Contributing Editor
  • Code Monkey Like Fritos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
Master of Orion 3.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
No, but some I wished I had. I never could get into Drakengard, and I bought the collector's edition of FFXII and never opened it.

Never opened it?  I know FFXII is a divisive game, but how can you judge it without playing?

Read my post again. Do you see me judging the game itself anywhere? The fact that I never opened it in the end just makes me wish I hadn't bothered buying it to begin with. I had good intentions of playing it, obviously. I simply never did and eventually didn't care enough to.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:59:12 PM by kyuusei »

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »

Never opened it?  I know FFXII is a divisive game, but how can you judge it without playing?

Read my post again. Do you see me judging the game itself anywhere? The fact that I never opened it in the end just makes me wish I hadn't bothered buying it to begin with. I had good intentions of playing it, obviously. I simply never did and eventually didn't care enough to.

Yeah, it's easy to see from a monetary viewpoint; don't you hate it when you buy a full price game, only for it to plummet in price before you even play it, or at least seriously get into it? Especially one that didn't need a ton of sales to support it ala FFXII?

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »

Well, it's not too late to play it now! ;)

I don't know, I have games still in the shrinkwrap myself but I continue to hold on to the delusion that one day I will find time to play them...

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
I generally don't mind if I got them for cheap (especially if they rise in value!) and there isn't a newer version coming along before I really got into the game. Like Sly 3, I regret grabbing that at $10 because I never even got into it and the HD collection came out last fall.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 03:22:54 PM »
In most cases, I do hold onto them. I have some that I've opened but not played/played past starting a new game, but with FFXII I eventually ended up selling it (and Drakengard, which went for like $3), since I didn't see myself playing anytime soon.

It's hard taking on RPGs with less free time than I once had. :P At least with FF games, I could re-acquire XII easily if for some reason I ever change my mind. But with SMT and other Atlus games, not so much.

Bytor

• Ego Enhancement Consultant
  • Hiding in Inaba
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
Odin Sphere, and I gave away Legend of Kay, other than that I figure who knows, might want to play 'em again some day so I keep them.
Everything's Eventual

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
i dont remember the name but this one card based rpg for gamecube an its not baiten kaitos. when i returned it i got eternal darkness :D

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »
Lost Kingdom undoubtedly.

That, or you somehow really did forget the name of a Phantasy Star Online game.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 04:50:50 PM »
Dragon Age: Origins, the moment I finished

But the only game that made me return it before finishing, that made me feel dumber for playing it:
Batten fucking Keitos... after only 8 hours of gameplay. I want those 8 hours of my life back!

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
No More Heroes 2. That game is an incredible disappointment.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.